Darius, the Hand of Noxus kit remake (contest entry)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rykaal

09-28-2012

This is my entry for the CCFC hosted contest.
Link here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2574657

Base Stats:
Damage: 45 (+4 per level)
Health: 436 (+93 per level)
Mana: 210 (+38 per level)
Move Speed 310
Armor: 20 (+4 per level)
Spell Resistance: 30 (1.25 per level)
Health Regen: 9 (+1 per level)
Mana Regen: 6 (+.5 per level)

--------------------

Abilities:

Passive: Hemorrhage: Darius's attacks strike a vital spot, making his target bleed for half of the damage as physical damage over 3 seconds. stacks up to 5 times.

---------------------

Q: Decimate: Darius swings his axe in a circle around him. Dealing 70 / 100 / 130 / 160 / 190 (.07) physical damage to enemies hit, enemies on the outside ring take 40% bonus damage and gain 2 Hemorrhage stacks. Enemies on the inner ring only recieve 1.

Cost: 30 / 35 / 40 / 45 / 50.
Cooldown: 13 / 11 / 9 / 7 / 5 seconds

----------------------

W: Crippling Strike: Darius's next basic attack deals 120 / 135 / 150 / 165 / 180% damage and slows the target for 20% per stack of Hemorrhage for 3 seconds, at 5 stacks it immobilizes the target for 1.5 seconds.

Cost: 30 / 35 / 40 / 45 / 50 mana.
Cooldown: 12 / 10.5 / 9 / 7.5 / 6 seconds

----------------------

E: Apprehend: Darius pulls in enemies in front of him and affecting enemies with 1 stack of Hemorrhage.
Passive: Grants 4 / 8 / 12 / 16 / 20% armor penetration.

Cost: 60 mana.
Cooldown: 24 / 21 / 18 / 15 / 12 seconds.
Range: 500

----------------------

R: Noxian Guillotine: Darius attempts to finish off a heavily wounded enemy, Dealing 200 / 300 / 400 truedamage. (+30 / 40 / 50 per Hemo stack) If Noxian Guillotine kills the target, all of Darius's other cooldowns will be refreshed and he cooldown on Noxian Guillotine will only be 10 seconds.

Cost: 120 mana
Cooldown: 100 / 90 / 80 seconds.

-----------------------
Reasoning for these changes:
Made most of his abilites be affected by bleed stacks, not just his ult. Makes him more intresting and more versatile.

Gave him some proper CC. even though its very light, it still can help.

Fixed his ult to what it should be, instead of just mashing in RRRRR for a pentakill.

Made him harder to kite to death by increasing Apprehend's range by a small amount.

All of these, and I kept him to his same fighting style.

matrixEXO

09-28-2012

His skill kit was originally more to do high damage at the cost of CC. The idea of a lack of CC compensated by his high damage kit means that he can drop people down easily, even while being tanky.

Also, his splash art, to me, resembled someone strong, hard and yet can blaze through people like butter. Coupled that with his lore, and you get an even stronger feel to it.

While I do agree that he shouldn't spam R for a penta, nobody gets to spam R for a penta in a real match, unless he just goes in for the last hits only. That said, the skill animation that delays the damage is sufficient as it is. Good team composition and tactics can stun/silence him, rendering him wasting his precious seconds and health doing nothing.

Now, about your skills.

Physical damage that has a variable bleeding is already bad. More towards the variable damage section. How does a stacking of 5 balance out the variation in damage. Say your melee attack deals 100 damage, and your Q deals 300 damage. 4 melee attack and a Q proc at his outer circle. How is his DoT balanced? Also, Physical damage is a bad way to go for Darius. The idea of it being magical was so that stacking armor means nothing to him. He's strong, and is suppose to show in his kit. Physical damage means that only his ultimate will really bring in the pain if an enemy stack armor, which breaks his designed build. Unless of course, you decide to waste all your laning phase points into Apprehend (which means fail build).

Adding a variable-based CC to a pain-truck is also calling for death and suicide. This variable CC modifier is not a good effect to have since you can instantly cripple your opponent with it during laning phase. Couple that onto a hard CC, immobilise, and you get a bad build. Damage reduction also goes into a "why do this?" question.

Apprehend putting in a stack of Hemorrhage is also bad. Since it doesn't do damage, how do you calculate the damage application on it? Does it only extend the duration? As the flaws build on, I'd also like to specify that adding the range to it is absolutely wrong. The range is good as-is.

For the ultimate... I'd say I like it and dislike it. The damage scaling and scaling on Hemo on it means that stacking AD means nothing, so people will most likely stack defense stats (as what people are doing now anyway), but that also means he loses all of his alternatives, playing him AD off-tank or pure AD now doesn't benefit him as much as building full tank. On top of that, the cooldown removal is absolutely atrocious since his kit wasn't designed to be like Kat where you go for assassination playstyle. I, however, do like the 10s Guillotine cooldown time since it prevents spamming.

Overall, from me, a thumbs down. It removes alot of the key aspects that made him how Riot designed him as. And truth be told, his playstyle shifted as well, from bruiser to tank.

Pethrax

10-15-2012

Ok, the passive is broken as hell, sorry, I cannot approve of that, even though I have a champion whose autoattacks are purely DoTs.

I have to agree, you cannot give an actual slow to Darius, it would break him, and the snare would make him unbeatable.

You actually reduced the range by 50.....and the armor pen......to make up for breaking him earlier? Doesn't make sense, please try again.

Ok, to high base with to low scaling. The AD scaling true damage was a major point on him- don't throw it out because you didn't like him RRRRR for a pentakill because your team poorly engaged. (Not saying this happened to you necessarily, but this is really the only way he could get pentakill)

3mptylord

10-24-2012

I really don't like it. The additional bleed stacks on his Q was interesting, the but the change to his ultimate is a poor attempt to "fix him" and applying Hemorrhage to E just means he has no need to attack anymore.

To be honest, I always though it would be interesting if his Q didn't damage you unless you were hit by the blade. It would give enemies a "safe" zone. As for his ultimate, someone proposed: "If he scores the killing blow, he can activate this skill again within the next 10 seconds before the skill goes on cooldown. This is refreshed if he scores another killing blow." The issue with Darius isn't his teamfighting, it's the fact his ultimate is always available while laning -> it gives his enemy no window of opportunity: if you lose once, you lose.