Why play LoL?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EnragedLlama

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2010

League of Legends is said to be one of the best games. Everybody loves it, But if you ask some one that isnt caught up in the whole " Its New " phase of the game, Then your responses from the players are nothing but how bad the game really is. The most obvious flaw is the new hero's. Riot LOVES adding new over powered hero's. Know why? Because as long as they do that. Everybody wants to buy them. Thus forcing people to spend 10$ Just not to get smashed in a match. Then you wait two weeks for it to get smashed by the nerf hammer. because by then everybody has already bought it. And oh look! Suprise. there is another new hero on the way Even more broken then the one before. Yeah, i am all for new additions. But you cant balance a Moba, There is a reason there is a single map's for all mobas. Because The heroes you balance for a 5s. CANT be balanced for a 3s. Yeah you can make the maps equal on both sides. but then it becomes a jump for the same 3 heroes every game. What fun is that? Getting passed all of the terrible balancing. the money hungry company releasing heroes that are so far beyond over powered. There is the LACK of nerf'ing that is happening Back before season 1 there were new heroes. but at least after you had it around for a week or two and people stopped buying it. you nerf'd it back to something resembling a sense of game balance. and now apparently riot is to lazy to even do that. So now we have a unusable piece of garbage called Urgot that is the bottom of the bucket with Eve.

The more Riot decides to create the more it just ends up reusing old abilities with new pictures. or slight tweaks. nothing new, nothing worth spending an hour on. Riot is getting Expansion syndrome. Look at any company that continuously produces new things. Yeah they make loads of money. but i guess i figured riot to be better then a money grubbing fly by night company. Shame on me. Looking passed the non existent balance. the useless match making system. the " New " ranked game play which is exactly like normal except you ban two heroes. Miss fortune that you press R and it kills everything within almost one and a half screen lengths long. The Sona that can full heal a team in a matter of seconds which is just a re-vamped version of Janna, or how her Ultimate is identical to Amumu's just instead of snaring, it makes them dance.. ( big whoop ) There are the overall game play issues. such as the Invite button working less then 50% of the time. Or that when you can invite people. You cant see anyone in the lobby. or that after setting ur abilities and masteries in countdown. If there is a leaver. It randomly changes your summoner abilities to something random. Or that by the off chance you play a Urgot and you try to Ulti Anivia's egg. It crashes your game. These are problems that really ruin the overall game play on riots part. Then there is the gaming community that makes users feel like they are playing with 12 year old's on W.o.W and you just disabled their account when you kill some one. Keep in mind you only get to experience these problems

if you can by a chance of god get into L.o.L while its not patching. Servers are down or unavailable. Or just the random occasion when you cant see your friends list or you end up in a 55 minute game search. only to land in a game where some one dies twice cry's about it and sits at platform raging until the 25 minute mark where you can surrender or have already lost. So when you think about it, Why do people still play this?

You got:
Down servers atleast 2-3 Days a week ( if not more )
Zero in game and hero balance ( Pretty obvious )
Constant release of over powered items or heros ( Manamune? Or how about there being no item to remove Stamina or Mordes Metal? There are items like Wits end and Madreds )
Broken buttons(invite, Friends, or unable to use potions)
Game crashes ( Urgot to anivia's Egg )
Community of the biggest cry baby players ( worse then wow )
Broken match making( lvl 30's vs lvl 6's? Really? )

So looking at this, Taking all of this into account. Why do we play? What does this game have to offer after looking at this. Why play a game with all of these problems that are promised to be fix'd since beta? I was a very heavy Dota player and i guess i shouldn't have expected them to figure out balance on a game like this when they had over 7 years to figure it out on Dota and still couldn't get it right.

Just looking through the forums i see hundreds of users asking riot for changes or additions or just to be heard with nothing more then admin saying yeah yeah and there being no results.

FAPTROCITY

09-24-2010

yea already wrote a thread about them releasing OP heroes every second week

Lucid Dreaming

09-24-2010

Because it's fun

CronoTrig

09-24-2010

i just gata say COOL STORY BROO

Concentration

09-24-2010

i play it for the lulz

Don't put too much thought into it, like you are, and you'll see that you can actually enjoy a game.

Kwah

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2010

My eyes hurt. Add some spaces.

rumples

09-24-2010

glad there wasnt a sheen proc on that wall o text

Nuwonga

Recruiter

09-24-2010

Wait, they release a new OP hero every 2 weeks? I must be playing Urgot wrong.

Kadzin

09-24-2010

Tl;dr

hydrater

09-24-2010

tl:dr?
cant seem to read this without spaces.......