Level Points & Money Before Minions Spawn

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SovietVVinter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by boourns View Post
Sell all your stuff mid game, but a deathcap, karthus ult, undo

Buy needlessly large rod. Ashe ult a fight. undo. Get BF sword instead.

There are tons of edge cases that could happen that I can't even think of. Plenty of devilishly inventive people play our game.
To prevent this, simply lock their purchases if they cast a spell after buying an item.

Kabine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

I say the game is all about exploiting the enemies mistakes. If you buy something wrong well sucks for you and good luck next time :P

Besides the fast paced nature of LoL doesn't want you spending time in the shop.

Bobbum Man

10-05-2012

How about just don't make the mistake in the first place. Next you'll be asking for do-overs when you miss your skillshots.

XReyoX

10-05-2012

5 sec resell time, indicated by a cooldown timer on the shop page on the icon (without the number, just the graying out).

gp10 don't activate until resell time is over. (If game balance is an issue, generate equivalent amount of gold missed for the player when the resell timer is over)

Purchases are locked if the plpayer cast a spell, attack, get damaged, or the passive on the item proc.

Upgrades cant be sold back.

99% of the time, the mis-purchases are basic items anyway. at least for me.

Dodging and aiming skillshots etc are part of the skills people should focus on, they are parts of the fundamental gameplay mechanics; making sure you double-click once only on an item you want, is not, and shouldnt be something one should worry about.

YeZombie

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by boourns View Post
Buyback or resell it not how I'd like to approach the problem. Generally I think the real problem is sometimes you misclick or make a mistake while doing something in the shop. The concept of resell only covers buying. What about selling or combining an item? Undoing an action is more comprehensive IMHO.

A timer feels like an arbitrary solution which could be frustrating. I'd prefer to convey the rules clearly and allow the player to choose when they are happy with their choice and no longer need to undo something. Things like an anti-spell cast bubble are along those lines, but unfortunately remove gameplay from the game so it could be problematic.
If you make a mistake in the shop, usually people find out in like 2 seconds and will be able to resell their item(s) that they didn't want. There could also be a detection system, where if a player has boots and tries to buy more boots, the game will alert them that they already have a pair. Or, if an AP champ buys an AD item, the game will alert them like-wise?

I think the timer should be frustrating on purpose. If you buy the wrong item and take more than 10 seconds to realize it, it should come back to bite you in the butt. You SHOULD be frustrated because you bought wrong.

Also, for combined items, you should just be able to reset the items to what it was before. For example, if the player bought a tri force when he had a zeal and sheen, if he refunds it he'll get only a zeal and sheen back, not the phage.

The real problem people have is NOT when they combine, it's when they buy duplicate items. I've never taken a sheen on AD champs and went "Oops, got a lich bane!" It's when you're not paying attention and buy 2 pairs of level 1 boots.

3mptylord

10-06-2012

Primary feature: you can now sell/undo purchases made so long as you haven't left the platform (similar to Proving Grounds).
Abuse proof: global/long-range ultimate (both harmful and supporting, so Soraka too) will count as leaving the platform. Alternatively, Soraka's Wish and ANY damaging ability will count as leaving the platform (so Teemo's Mushrooms and such will count too?).

boourns

UI Designer

10-08-2012
7 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabine View Post
I say the game is all about exploiting the enemies mistakes. If you buy something wrong well sucks for you and good luck next time :P

Besides the fast paced nature of LoL doesn't want you spending time in the shop.
I would be more specific and say, for me, the most interesting part is about exploiting mistakes in enemy decision making. Accidental buying or selling in the item shop is not a great way to add "fun" to the game. If it was, I would find some interesting ways to try to trip players up during item purchases.

IMHO the shop in its purest form is a mechanism to get you the items that you want from the inventory of items in the game. Undo is one potential way to reduce errors and reach this goal.

Scatman Kyle

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Incognito View Post
I wish there was a way that you could reset your lvl points and $ before the minions have spawned. All of us have done it...you accidentally buy the wrong item or level up the wrong ability. I think if you're in the pool before minions spawn, you should be able to reset your level points and/or sell everything back for the full price. ONLY BEFORE MINIONS SPAWN.
Regarding the skill reset, I disagree. A part of early game invades is to mess up your opponent's skill order. If the enemy has a jungle Shen, it's better for your team to force him to take taunt at level 1 for the counter-invade and mess up his jungle. The same case applies with other characters in lane. If you can force them to start with a skill that wouldn't be the best to start with in lane, you can create an advantage.

By allowing a skill reset before minions spawn, you take away this entire strategy and an aspect of the game.

freeradikle

10-08-2012

Seems like the most natural cutoff is to allow any undos made while the current shop window is open. casting a spell closes the shop window.

99% of my "o ****" moments in the shop, i catch immediately after clicking.

a better shop (searchable, with a customizable "hot bar" of favorite items would also greatly cut down on "o ****" moments.

Fat of the Land

10-08-2012

"Before minions spawn" as a condition is too general and can be exploited. For example if a player isn't sure of their lane match up they might run to find them and then head back and buy if their items aren't appropriate.

Other stipulations could be added like causing or taking damage from any source & whenever an enemy champion becomes visible prohibits refunding, but then rushing mid just to become visible would be a useful strategy -- the opposing team wouldn't be able to refund but the remainder of your own team would.

The only way this would be acceptable is if refunds were allowed ONLY if you do not move off the fountain and within a time frame less than when minions spawn.