Let me tell you exactly why Sona is fine and you should piss off...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GenActive13

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2010

I find her hectic to play as. You have to keep moving and know which aura to change to in what order to best support your team. I see a lot of Sona's going AP and trying to nuke teams like a carry....I kill them or watch them feed. Others have played to go toe to toe with real carries...again, these get dropped and used as fodder pretty quick. Another problem I see with a lot of Sona players is they don't spam auras very much. This seems to be the case with AP Sona players mostly as they stack AP and some mana rather then mana regen.
With mana regen and CD reduction you can spam all 3 auras back to back constantly. With Blue Buff this can be done during the full duration without losing any mana at all.
Like any other Champ, the term OP is applied to fed players or towards a bad chamion combo vs a good champion combo more often then the actual champ itself. If you think a champ is OP, maybe you should look at your own play style or the champs you use vs said OP champ. Also, play the champ you think is OP a bit to better understand his/her mechanics. You will find dealing with them to be easier.
"Knowing your Champion will makes you a good player. Knowing what every other Champion does will make you a great player."

c00L3r

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Banned

09-24-2010

+1 i had 0-8 Sona in our team, so she cant be OP.

GenActive13

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellwish3r View Post
now calculate the net amount of gold this gives to your team, you will be surprised. Just sayin
Explain how this provides gold? And before you say something stupid like "her ability to assist gives great gold gain" in any way, shape, or form you might as well stop now. Such statements can be made by ANY champ in play. That line of thought is both stupid and ignorant of the value of every other champ and your team mates in general.

rumples

09-24-2010

i think hes sayin the bonus stats you give to your team when grouped would cost a lot item wise....kind of like how aegis is a freakin amazing buy if your going to be grouped. but way to assume you get what he means right off the bat and be hostile about it.

Whyu

09-24-2010

On Sona:
Sona does alot without every really being bad at anything. It's also too early to tell if she's OP, however it's clear that she certainly isn't UP. I will state that for this reason, other characters do not compare well to her because she's generally good at alot of things while most characters aren't. Frankly, my complete lack of faith in the testing realm (both testers and game developers) occurring because they have released too many characters who desperately needed balancing (Xin would be a perfect example) leads me to think she's probably OP, time will tell.

Soraka
I keep hearing people want Soraka buffed, but, there's nothing wrong with Soraka. She's occupying a good spot atm: she doesn't need to be OP in order to be good.

On bonus stats
Remember that most statistics have a gold value which can be determined by the cost of items that give these statistics. So for example, a long sword is 415 gold and gives 10 damage. Therefore 20 AD would cost 830 gold. If you are giving 20 AD to 4 other players, then you are essentially creating 3320 worth of value for your team.

Hopefully this explains how stats can be given a gold value and how small amounts of statistics to everyone in your team can create a amazing amount of value.

wildfire393

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenActive13 View Post
Explain how this provides gold? And before you say something stupid like "her ability to assist gives great gold gain" in any way, shape, or form you might as well stop now. Such statements can be made by ANY champ in play. That line of thought is both stupid and ignorant of the value of every other champ and your team mates in general.
It provides virtual gold through providing the effect of items.

20 AD = Two longswords = 415 x 2 x 4
20 AP = Tome = 435 x 5
etc

Also, to whoever said Sona isn't a great farmer, you're clearly a Phreak-sheep and don't level your Q. With a decently-leveled Q, she farms very quickly. Throw a Sheen in there and she does great burst damage every few seconds and can pick up kills as well.

And to whoever said that her auras can't all be up at the same time: At max CDR, each of her Auras has a cooldown of 4.2 seconds, with a global cooldown of 1.2 seconds. So you activate the first aura, and by the time you can activate another, it has 3 seconds of cooldown remaining. That means that if you reactivate it at the earliest possible opportunity there will be no downtime on it. You can do this for each of the three auras simultaneously, and have all three up at once.

Sir Cowdog

09-24-2010

Every Sona on my team has helped me win. Every Sona on the other team has been a hopeless scrub....and helped my team win.

OP?

Don't make me laugh.