Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Let me tell you exactly why Sona is fine and you should piss off...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gizamimi

09-24-2010

Let's just do a quick run-down of all the BS statements being thrown around...

Quote:
"Sona's auras are gamebreaking..."
20 AD/AP OR 20 Armor/MR OR 20 MS... Hardly gamebreaking.

Quote:
"Sona is a support and a carry at the same time..."
The issue here is that people fail to realize that if Sona is stacking AP to increase her support and damage output...she is more fragile than tissue paper. Also, let's note the fact that she has no real escape mechanics. She has a 2 second "burst" of speed. It's called focus fire. The people complaining about this one are most likely the ones that let a Miss Fortune freely ult into their faces while they try to take down Amumu.

Quote:
"Sona makes all other support healers inferior..."
Let's just get this outta the way, Taric will NEVER be inferior. That leaves Soraka. Yes, Soraka could probably use a bit of love. However, she is still a better burst healer and also is a mana battery to the team. Soraka's issues have no bearing on Sona. If you want to complain that Soraka is UP, that is a legitimate topic.

Quote:
"Sona can do everything too well..."
Yes, Sona is quite a diverse champion. However, her diversity is, in fact, balanced (quite cleverly I might add). To most, auto-targeted abilities may seem like a way to dumb her down and make her easy to use. It isn't. The fact they are auto-targeted is what keeps her in line. She has little control over who her abilities will target, and even less so in team fights. Sona's nuke becoming an issue? Put your tank in her face. Etc etc etc...

Feel free to throw more generic, baseless statements about how Sona is completely broken into the mix... -_-

seresibyl

09-24-2010

Quote:
Gizamimi:
Let's just do a quick run-down of all the BS statements being thrown around...

20 AD/AP OR 20 Armor/MR OR 20 MS... Hardly gamebreaking.

The issue here is that people fail to realize that if Sona is stacking AP to increase her support and damage output...she is more fragile than tissue paper. Also, let's note the fact that she has no real escape mechanics. She has a 2 second "burst" of speed. It's called focus fire. The people complaining about this one are most likely the ones that let a Miss Fortune freely ult into their faces while they try to take down Amumu.

Let's just get this outta the way, Taric will NEVER be inferior. That leaves Soraka. Yes, Soraka could probably use a bit of love. She still is a better burst healer and mana battery to the team. Soraka's issues have no bearing on Sona. If you want to complain that Soraka is UP, that is a legitimate topic.

Yes, Sona is quite a diverse champion. However, her diversity is, in fact, balanced (quite cleverly I might add). To most, auto-targeted abilities may seem like a way to dumb her down and make her easy to use. It isn't. The fact they are auto-targeted is what keeps her in line. She has little control over who her abilities will target, and even less so in team fights. Sona's nuke becoming an issue? Put your tank in her face. Etc etc etc...

Feel free to throw more generic, baseless statements about how Sona is completely broken into the mix... -_-

OR?

The auras last for a bit after you use them... which means you can stack them.

BrioCloud

09-24-2010

Your sarcasm confuses and angers me.

Acalagon

09-24-2010

Quote:
seresibyl:
OR?

THREE seconds with a two second global cooldown. if you cant handle two seconds of two aura... and its not like it gives minions 20 damage and armor, its only champs... its so minute in later games that you dont really notice. she is meant to use auras and stack them, that is her feature... its like getting mad at zilean because he speeds the champ your targeting away.

Soiyeruda

09-24-2010

Quote:
seresibyl:
OR?

At most, you'll only stack 2 auras at a time, given the global cooldown rule in her passive.

Is it game breaking now that you get 20 Free from 3 or 4 choices of AP, AD, MR, Armor, or MS? Hardly. =x

Siegfryd

09-24-2010

I don't agree with her being OP either but some of your points aren't exactly right either. Sona's auras have a huge range so you can be as squishy as you like, they're not going to run through your entire team to get to you. Unless of course they're one of the anti carries (Akali, Kassadin, Poppy) but then they're wasting themselves killing the support instead of the carry. Also her movement speed buff is 20% when activated and when combined with flash her escape is really good.

Damoklese

09-24-2010

I play Zilean.

I love Sona because she keeps me fed and happy.

Gizamimi

09-24-2010

Quote:
Damoklese:
I play Zilean.

I love Sona because she keeps me fed and happy.

I love Zilean because he's a walking ult.

EchoMending

09-24-2010

Quote:
Soiyeruda:
At most, you'll only stack 2 auras at a time, given the global cooldown rule in her passive.

Wrong.

Soiyeruda

09-24-2010

Quote:
Riven equals FTW:
Wrong.

Prove me wrong. =x