Once again riots reports system, and anti-leaver system disappoints

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akedomo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuraKura View Post
that guy has almost 500 wins, how many did he lose? If you assume the account is balanced. He have around 500 losses. So 100 something leaves is like, 10% of the games hes probably played?
10% of his games played, and you don't see anything wrong with leaving 1 out of every 10 matches? Especially when there are people out there like me with the same amount of games and 8 leaves? People don't want to be matched up with someone that has a high chance of leaving. It ruins the game for 9 other people, it's not simply just the person leaving. It's the fact that with no leaver system in place, when one person leaves they leave behind 4 teammates with no way to turn the game around, or at least keep it even.

This is only magnified by the fact that, we can't choose our opponents unless we do practice matches. So we may end up getting a leaver and there's nothing we could've done about it.

FlufficusMaximus

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadzin View Post
Say that person spend 100$ on the game, how are you going to ban him?
He is going to sue Riot and that would give the company a bad image.
What needs to be done is longer queue times, like drasticly longer, and matchmaking taking leaves into account.
You're an idiot, don't talk any more.

(Translated as: read the terms of service then come back.)

Ghostbuster Tim

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akedomo View Post
10% of his games played, and you don't see anything wrong with leaving 1 out of every 10 matches? Especially when there are people out there like me with the same amount of games and 8 leaves? People don't want to be matched up with someone that has a high chance of leaving. It ruins the game for 9 other people, it's not simply just the person leaving. It's the fact that with no leaver system in place, when one person leaves they leave behind 4 teammates with no way to turn the game around, or at least keep it even.
That is assuming his account is balanced in win/loss. What if this guy has like 800+ losses and only 500 wins? What I'm pointing out here is you don't have all the information to make a clear decision. Riot dose, so calling out on the forums that matchmaking and anti-leaver is flawed is pointless unless you have gathered all your data to present in a way to prove its not working as intended,

Lulzn0twar

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuraKura View Post
That is assuming his account is balanced in win/loss. What if this guy has like 800+ losses and only 500 wins? What I'm pointing out here is you don't have all the information to make a clear decision. Riot dose, so calling out on the forums that matchmaking and anti-leaver is flawed is pointless unless you have gathered all your data to present in a way to prove its not working as intended,
But the fact is he has still left 143 games, regardless of how many he has played 143 is kinda uhm you know an unexplainable number?

i mean i have 3 i think, and close on 600 matches, with 2k matches played 143 leaves is still over 5% of all your matches.

In other words really really rediculous.

And for someone what is a 5minute time penalty or a 30 min leave while you wait for the game to finish? coffee break, toilet break pretty much anything break till you can q all over again. The system itself is flawed and does little to nothing to offenders who repeat it a lot.

havikryan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulzn0twar View Post
So i was playing a ranked game, im not pro, im not horrible but im not that great either, we had an alright team, vlad mundo me as viegar twitch and a MF. Now our MF fed, and when i asked her politely, and gave her friendly advice to come help us mid to stop 4v5 she raged, and went off feeding by pushing solo lanes while we tried to hold them off mid. So tl;dr she ragequit we lost. then looking at the stats of people within my team, i found this player.

How the hell is he not banned with 143 leaves? thats like... ridiculous i can understand 5-6 maybe a few more 10 at most but 143? thats just ridiculous. You really need to look at your anti-leaver system cause i for one am probably going to quit the game.
this is worser 3 leavers in a row

Boloney

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragura View Post
How about just getting no IP as a punishment until the leave/play ratio is back at an acceptable level? Might not help against all leavers, but maybe against some.

Can't permaban them, that's bad for business. Giving them longer queues won't teach them to play instead of leave, they'll just quit the game, which is bad for business again.

Some kind of forced re-education would be ideal. It's not rocket science, but it's not as simple as just banning or excluding people.
I really hope Riot doesn't look at it that way, because that is a very screwed up perspective.

Player-bases (and customer-bases in general) are always in a constant state of flux. People join, people quit. One should never look at the player-base as static, "this is what we've got and we have to work with it" entity.

Rather, it should be looked at in these terms:

1. What kind of users do I have?
2. What kind of users do I want?
3. How do I get there?

And, no, the answer to 3 isn't "re-education". It's transition.

You can't possibly hope to re-educate thousands of people to do as you please. Especially not over a video game. But you can get rid of the ones you don't want and, thus, encourage more of the ones that you do want to join and stay.

So, yes, perma-banning them is the solution. Exluding them is the solution. Making punishments so harsh that they quit is the solution. And it is good business.

Because, if left unchecked, what's going to happen is that more and more of that type of people will join. And more and more decent people will quit due to frustration. Until all you have left is a steaming cesspit of the worst kind of players.

Now that would indeed be bad for business.