Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Let me tell you exactly why Sona is nothing but trouble and mistake of Riot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fairyland

09-24-2010

Quote:
AychAychAych:
It exists because it exists.
It is the sheer reason why Leoric, Clinkz, Terrorblade etc. will never be viable heroes without being overpowered.

Who the hell are those heroes?

hydrater

09-24-2010

stop reading at "Equal work leads to equal reward"
ezreal is the best example

Anima Noir

09-24-2010

You are wrong.

AychAychAych

09-24-2010

Quote:
Acalagon:
And theroys always come out on top!

People miss that because of the title?

Theoreticly people would be using only the strongest heros if they wanted to win, but they use the ones they want.

Dont use theorys. They are a good basis, but thats what they are, the basis for something greater. How she 'might' play and how she 'does' play are two different ballparks, and thats before addings in user skill. This is true with any hero. Some heros sound really powerful, but are balanced, and really powerful heros can easily be killed by skilled summoners.

Rock. Paper. Scissors. Mushroom.
l___________Balance___________l

From time to time, again and again, I have watched the DotA scene and all those theories just become true. It is just not DotA, it is pretty much to all games possible. Fighting games, perfect example. Yes you can play Hugo or Twelve in SF3:3rd Strike if you want and some japanese players do. I know how good they are, but they still can't change the fact that if they had chosen to play a god tier character instead, they might be even more successful today.

To chose a low tier champion just because you like it is a human flaw that is nothing but dumb in theory. That is why computers are taking over the chess, because human nature is the thing that is keeping us from becoming better at some point.

Gwennifer

09-24-2010

Quote:
AychAychAych:
The fact that she can't be balanced in theory. Using the balancing theory of AoS games in general, I made the argument that if she is balanced, she is not viable which is against the basic princible of balance.

Why did so many people miss this? My thread was never about her being OP.

The simple thing is, she is balanced. She's not a press R to win champion like Amumu. She provides subtle, small benefits.

Also, I'm going to say this just once: Not many people on LoL have played DotA.

I, for one, have no idea which champions you are talking about.

AychAychAych

09-24-2010

Quote:
Anima Noir:
You are wrong.

I am rubber, you are glue.
What now?

AychAychAych

09-24-2010

Quote:
Gwennifer:
The simple thing is, she is balanced. She's not a press R to win champion like Amumu. She provides subtle, small benefits.

"Subtle, small benefits" is exactly the problem because such design has never been viable when balanced in DotA or any other medium.

kijik

Recruiter

09-24-2010

funny how the first two pages are saying that Sona isn't OP assuming that the original poster didn't even insinuate that she was OP currently, purely that she's broken by design and can never be truly balanced, always either UP or OP, a la shaco and heimerdinger, being able to do everything is a bad, bad, bad thing in team based games(shaco) and in Heimer's case, the whole turret mechanic was/is just ridiculous, turrets are a pretty big part of the MAP, and serve as a deterrent, they don't belong on the heroes.

Anyway, I agree with AychAychAych, though I currently feel Sona is a touch UP(that may also be because I've never seen her do a whole lot for the game) I also don't see a way to effectively balance her due to her design.

tl;dr hey idiots, read, and THINK about the entire original post before you respond please, thanks.