Let me tell you exactly why Sona is nothing but trouble and mistake of Riot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lulwy

09-24-2010

Easy, Kaeoz. Annie and Anivia.

Even the best of Anivia's don't bring more to the team than the best of Annie's, the only shining point being her wall, yet Annie brings stuns to the table. AoE at that.

Nihil Sine Nefas

09-24-2010

She isn't OP at all. Her survivability is **** without tankish items and her auras, while great and all, aren't game changing like an Amumu or Morg Ult. If you build her AP, she'll be made of wet paper. If you build her tank, she's essentially ignorable during late game team fights after she blows her ult. I'd say she's pretty balanced for a support character.

serverny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2010

But Riot says her difficulty is near 70% from maximum ! (this made me LOL IRL, really)
They can't be luying to us !

Zack1996

09-24-2010

Its not like she gets eaten alive by Silence.

O wait.

AychAychAych

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeoz View Post
Example of two heroes that are different in difficulty by share both power and niche?
Leshrac to Krobelus
Leoric to about every other STR carry
Sniper to every other AGI carry
Luna has been the center of this problem since forever

Stormsoul

09-24-2010

sona's pretty easily negated by an assassin like kassadin. MF and kog too.

i'll snicker when people start banning kass in ranked consistently.

i didn't read the OP at all btw

Arcane Azmadi

09-24-2010

The idea that a champion should only be as powerful as they are difficult to play initially seems sensible, but after a few seconds it becomes obvious how flawed it is. If that was true, then the game would be utterly DOMINATED to the exclusion of all other players by the tiresome fiddly *******s who spend the time to master the difficult, powerful champions, completely pwning everyone who is only up to playing the easier, weaker champions.

The reward of playing a complex champion is BEING ABLE to play a complex champion. Mastering a different style of play, or a particularly complex mechanic, or a micro-intensive strategy and using it to win is satisfying but it shouldn't be enough to ensure your victory. That's what "balance" is all about. That's why people still play with underpowered champions like Soraka and Evelynn, because they like the play style and it's satisfying to do well with a champion who demands a lot more effort.

AychAychAych

09-24-2010

And did you people even get me? DId you even understand what I was saying?
As a hint, it was never about Sona being overpowered. You can't even find this word anywhere in my post.

Kaeoz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AychAychAych View Post
Leshrac to Krobelus
Leoric to about every other STR carry
Sniper to every other AGI carry
Luna has been the center of this problem since forever
............... I haven't played competitive DoTA to know enough about that.... I meant in LoL...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulwy View Post
Easy, Kaeoz. Annie and Anivia.

Even the best of Anivia's don't bring more to the team than the best of Annie's, the only shining point being her wall, yet Annie brings stuns to the table. AoE at that.
That's not a problem of difficulty. Its just that instant AoE Stun for 1.75 seconds + Tibbers > slow ass moving skill shot stun for 0.75 seconds.

AychAychAych

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane Azmadi View Post
The idea that a champion should only be as powerful as they are difficult to play initially seems sensible, but after a few seconds it becomes obvious how flawed it is. If that was true, then the game would be utterly DOMINATED to the exclusion of all other players by the tiresome fiddly *******s who spend the time to master the difficult, powerful champions, completely pwning everyone who is only up to playing the easier, weaker champions.

The reward of playing a complex champion is BEING ABLE to play a complex champion. Mastering a different style of play, or a particularly complex mechanic, or a micro-intensive strategy and using it to win is satisfying but it shouldn't be enough to ensure your victory. That's what "balance" is all about. That's why people still play with underpowered champions like Soraka and Evelynn, because they like the play style and it's satisfying to do well with a champion who demands a lot more effort.
But such idea does not work in the context of BALANCE. The purpose of balance is not to make the game FUN, but FAIR. If the complex hero designs are less powerful than the easier counterparts, then they will not be used.
Balance is simple to put into a sentence:
"ALL CHAMPIONS MUST BE AS CLOSE TO VIABLE AS POSSIBLE."