Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Let me tell you exactly why Sona is nothing but trouble and mistake of Riot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Adelle

09-24-2010

Sona is a pretty easy champion to play, but she is not the easiest. Her spells auto-target, which makes her actual skill-use very easy, but that just lets you concentrate on her positioning which is exceedingly important.

What differentiates the pro-Sona from the newb-Sona is where she positions herself and how she moves, and how and when she uses her Celerity (and Reverie if she gets it). Add in that she is an awesome champ to go around placing wards too.

Jhokalups

Recruiter

09-24-2010

Reward != Work

Just saying, life doesn't have that message at all.

Truhls

09-24-2010

I just got a head aych.

Nuwonga

Recruiter

09-24-2010

How is being a jack-of-all-trades overpowered? No one plays Brawl and then whines about Mario being OP.

AychAychAych

09-24-2010

Quote:
HerrBatKa:
Games are always being balanced for highest level of play. So it doesn't really matter if given champion is hard or easy to control. Every competent player knows how to use his champion with pretty much full potential.

Actually the difficulty is important because in context of high level gameplay, it translates into risk. Heroes that are easier to play are less risky to play and all comptetitive players understand to manage risk. Usually you want the most important elements of your team to be the least risky, such as initiation and such.

Also the difficulty is more social problem. One of the biggest reasons people hate Garen is most likely that his thing is so easy to do. Whether it is actually OP or not, I will not analyze but I have seen lot of people who despite him sorely because of how easy he is to play. Everyday you see people being angry because the one who killed them played a "no skill hero".

Euant

09-24-2010

Out of every Season One champion's release, I have seen Sona the least in the first week. Considering she's 3150 and not 6300 this says to me that she's not that game changing.

I just played as Sona in two normal games. The first game lasted a while but they simply had too much CC/AoE while we just had minor survivability. Even though I only died twice the entire match, thanks to spamming heal/speed, I couldn't do a thing to help us win.

Second game we only won because the enemy Vlad and Nidalee disconnected so it was Mundo, Sona, Kennen (not a very good one), Yi, and Kassadin vs Miss Fortune, Xin, and Morde. I don't really know why I had to list every champion but point is if those two hadn't disconnected (Vlad came back but too little too late) we probably would've lost. Sona = win.

Taking into perspective that she's the caster stance dancer. Udyr is faster and more resilient while having a reliable damage output/stun. You can even jungle with him. Sona is very weak from the beginning and unless you build up survivability you'll be weak in the health department the entire game. Even if Sona escapes a team fight, it's likely she's escaping because her team in fact wiped. Her being able to run (and hopefully take smart teammates with her) doesn't mean they can just turn around and kill the enemy. Plus, if you screw up your ultimate you just messed up your team's chances in winning that fight by a lot.

Yea she's an AWESOME support champion (whom I love playing just for the music) and yea she outclasses Soraka by a mile-shot, but she isn't the majordomo of making your team immortal.

Zarrosso

09-24-2010

Sona reminds me much of Udyr (the stances ofc). They excell both in chasing, life regen, aoe damage and disabling, but neither of them have an exact role to play. Sona isnt as good for healing as Soraka. She isnt as good for chasing as WW, and she isnt as good for aoe and disabling as for example Amumu and Morgana

AychAychAych

09-24-2010

Quote:
Kaeoz:
Life isn't LoL. Two completely different concepts. Can't import one into the other and automatically assume its justified.

Then can you debunk the fact that harder heroes who had to share both power and niche with easier heroes were not viable and were not used?

Euant

09-24-2010

Quote:
Nuwonga:
How is being a jack-of-all-trades overpowered? No one plays Brawl and then whines about Mario being OP.

This is news to me! Mario is more overpowered than Marth was in Melee!

Kaeoz

09-24-2010

Quote:
AychAychAych:
Then can you debunk the fact that harder heroes who had to share both power and niche with easier heroes were not viable and were not used?

Example of two heroes that are different in difficulty by share both power and niche?