This is why you don't need to ban Ammumu and Kogmaw in 1400 elo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

She lookd lvl 18

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2010

Kogmaw and Ammumu are not very good.
So many people are sheep these days, all thinking they are good banning the same champs each game. IMO the four FoTM bans are not the best bans for solo queue at all.
(Kogmaw, Ammumu, Morgana, Garen) This is because these heroes require team play for them to be 'OP', for example morgana can not carry a team, she requires an effective tank.

I usually ban Vlad or MF. When I have a bad feeling about my team I will certainly ban teemo and eve so that they cant be picked. It has actually worked out for me nicely. Most players actually have their own mains that arent FoTM champs and so they will try to play FoTM and suck with them.
In my games I have rolled so many bad garens and bad kogmaws.

inb4 bad janna; I'm new to Janna because someone said it was the best way to get to 1600. dont be hatin' only 10 assists D:

This is not a troll, I do ban teemo and eve.

Littel

09-23-2010

So because there was a bad mummy and kog on the other team you come to the conclusions that they are bad and overrated?

I once saw an eve go 20/3/7 or something she must be OP now.

She lookd lvl 18

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littel View Post
So because there was a bad mummy and kog on the other team you come to the conclusions that they are bad and overrated?

I once saw an eve go 20/3/7 or something she must be OP now.
lol, I didnt come to this conclusion from one game. I have been leaving them available for weeks and every time people suck with them

Audio7

09-23-2010

banning teemo and eve, ruins the chance that your enemy might pick teemo or eve, haven't you thought about that? feelings aren't something you should take action on unless there are no consequences.

iiitsMuzuKathy

09-23-2010

you painted out the entering the room and chat...but you forgot to block out everyone's names

TomatoChip

09-23-2010

I've seen this too. Sometimes when the enemy doesn't ban taric (my least favorite opponent), one of my team members excitedly picks him. Little did I know, most people think taric should be DPS built with manamune. =/

SoloDragoon

09-23-2010

Good times. I remember games like that... don't see them anymore.

Fulgr1m

09-24-2010

Well dude I agree with you to an extent in that I don't think people should ban a champion just because people on the forums complain about them, or just because the team captain got raped by them sometime while playing them. Banning should be about banning who is gonna destroy your team composition. But on more than one occasion people with champs like the ones you listed tend to roflstomp anyone in their path so long as the player is a decent player. People see these QQ posts about these champs and say to themselves "OMG I need that champion to be good!" and then preceed to buy them and suck with them, which is possibly whats happening to you!

Oogzy

09-24-2010

Amumu is one of the best tanks in the game with strong AoE damage, a single target range stun, the ability to get into a fight from distance quickly, strong health pool and a strong AoE stun with viable damage attached to it. Kog'maw is a very strong carry/dps with a passive attack speed increase, the ability to increase range greatly, to reduce armor and increase ArP, to do a % of total health as true damage AND an ulti with a very large range with sight for a couple seconds. Why would you NOT want to ban either of those two?

Damoklese

09-24-2010

Im not gonna say that every high rated champ deserves to be there. There are many cases where a high rated champ is just strong..not overbalanced, not impossible to counter, not necessarily deserving a ban.

But then there are some heroes that simply have tools that are too good to allow in the average game.

Amumu gets banned because he has the ability to hold a good chunk of the enemy team still for a few seconds.. he can be a HUGE factor when his team is organized enough to stack AOE on him when he uses his ult. You can get the majority of the enemy team to low health..forcing them to retreat and getting a kill or two as well.

Kog'Maw in the right hands is capable of huge damage from LONG range. I personally feel like Kog'Maw does not deserve a ban in most cases, since the bug with his autoattack speed was fixed (it was wasnt it?). Still, there are situations where you may not want a long range harasser of his caliber on the enemy team.

The important thing to remember is that there is not currently a "MUST BE BANNED EVERY TIME!" champion in the game right now. Every champion can be countered in some way... no one has a skill set that is uber in every situation.

Personally.. if it is up to me the only champ that I would ban every time is Morgana.. because her combination of CC, AoE, and durability.. along with a semi-spammable magic shield that is VERY VERY POWERFUL..and INCREDIBLY annoying.. makes her a hero that I dont want to deal with on any team. Even so she is not going to win the game herself.