Those who have purchased Veigar....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nihil Sine Nefas

09-24-2010

He's fun to play, but too easily shut down during the laning phase without a babysitter. I don't recommend playing him in ranked. He's a blast to play in normal games though.

Nuwonga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2010

EWQR = Dead squishy

Veigar's only decent in normal mode, but in ranked he has incredible potential as a counter-pick. He's best against squishies (especially squishy casters) but if the enemy team is mostly bulky champs or none of them use AP, he's a bad choice, which is why draft mode indirectly buffed him. If the enemy team has 2-3 squishy/AP heavy champs, it's much easier for Veigar to do his work.

Also, on a side note, Veigar mirror matches in normal are kinda fun. Your ult will do exactly as much damage to him as his will do to you, no matter how fed or gold-starved you are.

tonpole

09-24-2010

I love Veigar. Once you get DFG it's not difficult to instagib most champs, even if they don't have any AP. If you do well, complete your build, and have a lich bane, you can faceroll everyone.

That said, you need to seriously be on your game to play him well. There's little room for poor judgment with him.

xXCFXx Odin

09-24-2010

What's more fun than throwing our a barrage of super high damage output single target slamming spells? Hit with E? Laugh your ass off as you completely wipe someone off the board.

E-W-(DFG)-Q-R = any dead champion of your choosing, if not dead (Somehow) ignite.

GG Veigar effectively made this a 4 vs 5 game.

kijik

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzann View Post
i don't regret buying any of the champions because for some reason i feel the need to have all of them.

Playing too much pokemon as a young'un ruins you for life.
qft. >_<

Perlmutter

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diction View Post
Anyone regret the purchase?

Have a spare 1400 IP or so and was really interested in Veigar, would you guys say I won't regret him, based upon your experiences with him?

Thanks

Why would I ever regret him? Whenever I feel ragin I play veigar.. Why? Theres nothing funnier than a midget going ROFLPWNZORZ

Also... when I run... if I am in a good mood with him.... "Look at dose little feet they are conneected to his hips... RUN MIDGET RUN

Paco Deth

09-24-2010

I definitely regret buying Veigar. His spells looked so awesome from the champion page, and I had just gotten into the game and was really excited about him. Farming up IP seemed like it was taking FOREVER, so I bit the bullet and gave Riot my first $5 for some RP and actually purchased Veigar with cold hard cash.

It wasn't long...... not long at all before I regretted that purchase deeply. He's sat unused for a very long time now, I've thought about dusting him off and trying him again now that he got a lil buff a while back and I hit 30 and got some runes... but **** I hate having to farm his Q all game, etc.

BndWgnPatriiot

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diction View Post
Anyone regret the purchase?

Have a spare 1400 IP or so and was really interested in Veigar, would you guys say I won't regret him, based upon your experiences with him?

Thanks
i got him back when he was 450. Used him a ton too. Anyways i would have gladly spent the 1000 on him.

Sir Azural

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsavo213 View Post
I kinda regret buying him =/ too much focusing on last hitting with Q when his big damage spike comes from E which scales better but is hard to get off because it has a longer delay than his stun.
Dark Matter's delay is only an issue if your stun is level 1. After it's at level 2 you can stun and get a Dark Matter off before they can move away. Not to mention it also has plenty of uses outside of combining it with Event Horizon.

Vanity Blade

09-24-2010

For a while I regretted buying Veigar, but that was because I sucked really bad with him. [ Got dark matter instead of Baleful Strike. Didn't get DFG and rushed RoA, etc etc. ] But as I got to learning him, my games with him improved dramatically. He's one of the hardest casters to play as, but can be the most rewarding since his nuke potential is unlimited due to Q, and provides a very good AoE stun that can make and break team battles with one casting.

Still though, I don't play him much anymore since his nuking is very specific to the opposing team. I used him a lot when Vlad was the new champion and everyone used him, but these days with Missfortune and Sona, his need is very limited.