Those who have purchased Veigar....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Diction

09-23-2010

Anyone regret the purchase?

Have a spare 1400 IP or so and was really interested in Veigar, would you guys say I won't regret him, based upon your experiences with him?

Thanks

Kewltist

09-23-2010

To be 'onest he's best castohr out dere. If you know a bit bout lasthittin, dis is the champ for u

seresibyl

09-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diction View Post
Anyone regret the purchase?

Have a spare 1400 IP or so and was really interested in Veigar, would you guys say I won't regret him, based upon your experiences with him?

Thanks
The only thing I regret about Veigalf the Grey is that it took so long for the skin to come out.

SA'lL I'm SAYING.

(Yes, I know it's about Veigar in general)

selenvar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2010

I didn't when i first bought him, haven't played him for quite a while though

Littel

09-23-2010

I don't regret buying him but I no longer play him because after some time I found he wasn't realy fit for my playstyle. But I do play him from time to time just for fun I live nuking people down.

Celther

09-23-2010

While most wouldn't consider Veigar a 'good' caster choice, he can put out alot of burst.

If i feel like having fun on a champion, Veigar is one of my first choices.

Daweis1

09-23-2010

There's not much more satisfying as a caster than doing the Hadoken combo on some poor, unsuspecting AP carry

Craixis

09-23-2010

Veigar is a more difficult caster to play, as he's designed to shut down other casters (that being said, his burst can be incredible).
He's a lot better since his rework (and the fixes to his damage scaling)... He fills the roll of Anti caster very well (hell, he's a nightmare for squishies in general). He's got a wide ranged AoE stun (great for AoE ults, like Crowstorm), hits hard with Dark Matter and Baleful Strike (I suggest rushing a Rylia's Sceptre as Dark Matter is a bit slow on the landing), and he's the only character with unlimited mana potential (the longer the game goes on, the stronger Veigar is... the opposite of most casters).

Learning to last hit with Baleful Strike is important, skills like Ignite/Ghost are also good on Veigar (many use Flash to get a surprise Primorial Burst/Baleful Strike combo on a target). You will ultimately get Baleful to level 5 first (as this is your nuke spell).

I do not regret buying Veigar... ever... he's the only champion where I have had a perfect game with a high kill/assist score (With Rylia's, you're surprisingly hard to kill, granted, I do owe plenty to Sona's ability to heal oh so nicely). He's a slower paced nuker, if you want to blow your wad quick, go with Ryze... Veigar may be there to ruin your day though.

Rawrtin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2010

He's a really fun champion to play as and can really shine in skilled hands. Unfortunately, he requires some pretty good farming with Q and a laning opponent who rarely harasses, something difficult to do in the current meta-game.

He's a bit like annie, except for the fact that he's less easy-mode and shines more mid-late game than early (his early game is pretty terribad).

If you're looking for a fun champ to play as, I say go for it. Practice with him in some practice games (hurr durr), and do your best to learn his skills (such as how to land his stuns consistently).

Been a while since I've used veigar, but man, I kinda miss it now haha

Sir Azural

09-23-2010

He's easily my favorite champ to play.

Edit: Since nobody's pointed this out yet, he's free this week. So go try him out!