[Repost] Fiddlesticks guide

123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ca8UfM31mO9xRYRT

08-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadowed View Post
Theres a excel chart somewhere, but every 4 spell penetration is equivalent to 1 ability power.
Unless that information is outdated, that can't be right

Unless there is some mechanic that we're not taking into account, that makes spell penetration completely useless since we can stack more AP than SP and also buy tons of items with AP.

Teran

08-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL4zD View Post
Unless that information is outdated, that can't be right

Unless there is some mechanic that we're not taking into account, that makes spell penetration completely useless since we can stack more AP than SP and also buy tons of items with AP.
Spell penetration is only useful if the target has magic resistance. Stacking AP is a guaranteed benefit, stacking spell penetration is only a potential benefit. I AP is generally more useful but spell pen certainly has its place.

bakedlays

08-02-2009

I've been playing Fiddlesticks a lot lately and I have a rather unorthodox build that seems to be working well so far. The basic idea is to build around Fiddlesticks passive and turn him into an aggro soaking tank that disrupts the enemies tactics and forces them to deal with you.

Items
1)Meki Pendant and 2 mana potions.
2)Sorcerer's Shoes
3)Fiendish Codex
4)Warmogs

Masteries
21 Utility - This allows me to get upgrades to Clairvoyance and Flash (and -15% to summoner cooldowns) and further stacks with my runes to lower cool downs.
9 Attack - Magic Penetration!

Runes
I stack cool down as much as possible in all colors.

Red - Attack Speed Increase for easier last hitting.
Yellow - Dodge, Magic Resist, and Armor.
Blue - AP increase and Magic Penetration.

Summoner Abilities
I get Flash and Clairvoyance and try to use wards to spot enemies creeping so I can flash in. The cooldown for these is 360 and 120 seconds thanks to Utility. It is very hard for an enemy to effectively gank you between wards, flash, lifedrain, silence, fear, and warmogs.

I max life drain and silence first with preference to life drain, and try to harass from the brush using wards to prevent ganks. Early pendant and potions allow me to stay in my lane for a LONG time. Basically once you get to a certain level you should be able to get a kill (or more) every single time Flash and your Ult is up. I've found that this build tends to work very well because people don't expect me to soak so much damage. A;so, my cooldowns are VERY low. Warmogs gives me the extra HP to survive nukes and focus fire while lifedraining. and generally this forces the enemy team to deal with me (which wastes a lot of their cooldowns).

Fiendish Codex 10%
Runes Aprox 3%
Masteries 9%

22% Cooldown reduction plus Summoner Cooldown reduction allows you to really spam spells, and you can nearly cast lifedrain continuously. Add that onto Warmogs and factor in the amount of heart aggro generated by your flash combo tends to cause the enemy to focus you, which is exactly what you want.

As long as you are patient with the activation of your skills and time things correctly this allows you to pop into a group of enemies and occupy several of them while your allies pick off the weakest ones.

PiousFlea

The Council

08-02-2009

About the value of spell penetration:

For positive MR, % damage taken from spells = 100 / (100 + MR)
For negative MR, % damage taken = 100 - MR. In other words, -30 MR will increase damage taken by 30%.

Enemy MR is reduced first by debuffs (Abyssal Scepter, Amumu passive). Debuffs can take enemies into negative MR. In enemy creep (0 MR) with abyssal scepter aura will have -30 MR.

Spell penetration cannot take MR below zero, so if an enemy already has negative MR then spell pen is ignored.

Otherwise, spell penetration from runes/gear is applied first, then an additional -15% for the talent.

---------------
At max level, without any talents, most champions will have around 35 Magic Resistance naked. This will decrease damage taken from spells by 25.9%.

With full blue runes + quintessence, you can get roughly 25 spell penetration at level 18. This will reduce enemy MR to around 10, or 9.1% spell resist.

This is a 16.8% increase in spell damage. It would take A LOT of ability power to equal this much of a raw increase - especially when you consider that it multiplies with AP.

Zeero

08-10-2009

First:

thanks a lot for the useful guide. After trying out multiple different heroes I found that Fiddlesticks was my favorite by quite a large margin and this guide helped with that decision. Fiddlesticks has an amazing array of abilities that are useful in so many different situations I find every game different with him which is refreshing. I learned a very good base of starting information from this guide and the item suggestions work well also.

Second:

Another very good use of fiddlesticks ult is anti-gank or counter-gank I suppose you could call it. I've used this a couple of times now and I think most teams are surprised by it the first time it happens.

The Premise: There is always at least one point during a game where one of your team mates is being chased down by multiple enemies for a gank attempt. Rather than running directly to the area to silence, fear, etc (which are all useful as well obviously) sometimes it's best to position yourself ahead of the oncoming enemies.

Make sure your team mate knows to run towards you (obviously vent helps a lot with this tactic) and time your crow storm windup so that it hits right when the gank squad is running by. I have achieved many double and triple kills with this tactic with little to no effort on my part and without having to burn a flash CD.

Nzambi

08-14-2009

Ive actually done a game with skyfire cape (think thats the name). Gives you some Hp, mana and Armor boost to survive during crowstorm. And the extra AOE damage is nice (Like radiance from DOTA).

Akuma

08-17-2009

Great guide PiousFlea.

I played a few games with PiousFlea, and I can say that his Fiddlesticks is the best I've played with. He is always #1 on kills with very few deaths. It's amazing how many kills he gets, and he does it consistently.

A few people out there have mentioned alternate item builds. But for the most part I like Pious' recommendations better:

1. Someone said that Doran's ring is a newbie item. Totally not true. It is a well rounded item that will help both your hero killing ability and survivability. The Doran items are not newbie items, for example, Zileas said that Doran's shield was part of his Singed build.
2. Someone recommended boots first. I think AP + HP + regen is more important as your first item.
3. Someone recommended sunfire cape. Seriously? The HP is nice, but sunfire makes more sense for a char with a lot of armor and hitpoints, not for Fiddle.

Gimpb

08-17-2009

On a side note, he puts warwick to shame as a lvl 1 jungler (needs no summoner spells) if you have strong enough soloers on the team to capitalize on the extra solo lane. He's obviously a good ganker so having a permanently MIA fiddle with clairvoiance is great.

shedim

08-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma View Post
3. Someone recommended sunfire cape. Seriously? The HP is nice, but sunfire makes more sense for a char with a lot of armor and hitpoints, not for Fiddle.
Like Rammus, for instance.

IS1611d82ca8b215

Adjudicator

09-01-2009

What do you guys get for survivability? It seems to me that enemies instantly target me because they know I'm squishy. I had a really hard time against a team of judicator, cryo, ashe, veigar and gem knight. They kept stunning me and I couldn't get mana items. Soul Shroud seems like a good item.

Edit:

I'm MrCharming and I support this guide.

My build was maxing out drain and dark wind first, with only 1 level in fear to keep them from running so I can drain. I got meki pendant, 2 health pots. Then a codex, then boots of swiftness. A mejaj soulstealer, an ability power scepter (+70 AP and -50 magic resist or something like that?). Then I bought some more AP stuff to go for the ring because Veigar wasn't a threat to me anymore.

123456 ... 9