Baavon, The Grand Duke

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Icraig33

06-28-2011

[NOTE: This champion was remade on October 1st, 2012]

Baavon, The Grand Duke

Combat Role: Support
Tags: Support, Ranged

Statistics:
--- (Defensive)
HPoints: 425 +79/lvl (1768)
Armor: 9 +3.6/lvl (70.2)
MResist: 30
--- (Offensive)
ADamage: 48.7 +3.05/lvl (100.55)
ASpeed: .625 +.02/lvl (.965)
ARange: 500
--- (Utility)
MPoints: 245 +50/lvl (1090)
HP Regen: .91 (4.55/5s) +.11/lvl (2.78, 13.9/5s)
MP Regen: 1.1/s (5.5/5s) +.15/lvl (3.65, 18.25)
MSpeed: 310

[NOTE: Certain abilities that Baavon has scale with the total amount of gold Baavon has generated over the course of the match from any source. they do not scale with the amount of gold Baavon currently has, they do not scale with starting gold, and Baavon will not lose gold when using abilities that have this scaling. For example, If Baavon has 5000 total gold generated throughout the match, but currently only has 675 gold on him, the abilities will scale with the 5000 gold he has generated thus far, not just the 675 gold he currently possesses.]

Abilities:

Goldfiend (innate): Baavon gains more gold over time than other champions.
---

Baavon generates an additional 1 gold every 5s.

Golden Shower (Q): Baavon showers an area in cursed gold, dealing damage to enemy champions in the area.
---

Baavon showers an area in gold. Dealing 70/100/130/160/190 (+25% AP, +2.5% total gold generated throughout the match) magic damage to enemy champions in the area. The gold will persist in the area for 3s, slowing enemy champions by 25/28/31/34/37% and snaring enemy minions caught in the initial cast. [NOTE: damage does not scale with starting gold]
Mana Cost: 60/65/70/75/80
Cooldown: 13s
Cast Range: 600 units, 200 unit AoE

Pay Day (W): Baavon Tosses a bag of blessed gold at a location. Allies that pick it up are healed and gain increased offensive prowess for a duration.
---

Baavon tosses a bag of gold at target location. If you or an allied champion picks it up, the target will be healed for 60/110/160/210/260 (+25% AP, +1% total gold generated throughout the match) health and allied units around the initial target will be healed for 50% that value. The initial target also gains 10/20/30/40/50 AD and AP for 4s [NOTE: heal does not scale with starting gold]
Mana Cost: 80/90/100/110/120
Cooldown: 17s
Cast Range: 550 units, 200 unit AoE

Bribe (E): Baavon blesses a target, granting them damage reduction for a duration. If the target is an enemy minion or neutral monster, the spell will temporarily blind their senses as well, converting them to Baavons side.
---

Baavon grants a target allied unit, enemy minion or neutral monster 15/20/25/30/35% damage reduction for 4s. If the target is an enemy minion or neutral monster, that unit will fight for Baavon fo 4s, immediately attacking the nearest enemy or neutral unit within 300 units [NOTE: Cannot convert Baron, Dragon or super minions]
Mana Cost: 70/75/80/85/90
Cooldown: 15s
Cast Range: 500 units

Curse of Greed (Ultimate, R): Baavon curses enemies in an area for a duration, dealing initial damage. While cursed, enemies are dealt damage equal to the amount of damage they have already taked since initially cursed.
---

Baavon curses an area, dealing 125/225/325 (+50% AP) magic damage to enemies caught, as well as cursing them for 12s. Cursed targets are dealt magic damage equal to 15% of the damage they had taken since initially cursed every 3s. Damage dealt by the curse additionally counts as neutral damage, granting kill credit to the last allied champion who attacked the target if he/she died to the curse damage of this spell.[NOTE: Initial damage dealt counts toward Baavon, Curse damage stacks with the initial damage/previous curse damage of this spell]
Mana Cost: 120
Cooldown: 150/140/130s
Cast Range: 700 units, 350 unit AoE

Quotes:

Selection:
- It is quite the honor!

Movement:
- Let's get a move on, then!
- Anything for a quick buck!
- A cheap decision. I like it!
- This place needs renovation.

Attacking:
- Can't we just pay them off?
- I'm not the kind to get in direct combat, you know...
- Alright, i'll see what I can do.
-I will proudly stay in the backlines!

Taunt:
- Your fees are due!

Joke:
- I am the one percent!

Lore:
(While not yet made in its entirety, since i'm still trying to work out a few kinks, the basis is that he was a Shaman/alchemist that ended up making a fortune selling potions that he created)

Icraig33

10-01-2012

SUPERMEGANECROUPDATE!

- Now uses mana as opposed to a unique resource bar

- Innate completely changed

- Q/W/E abilities remade

- R completely changed

BergMeister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2012

Alright here we go:
Pros: So I like the idea of scaling off of gold, its an interesting concept, and with that I have a question. Does heart of gold and other such items as well as runes and masteries also count to that total gold generated or is it only through his passive.
The increase on stats is a nice touch for all allies, and bribe is an awesome ability, I've never seen anything like it, nice work.
Cons: He doesnt seem to powerful, while he may get gold quicker than most champions, he really doesn't do much in terms of damage or even support. I think a quick fix to this would be to add a small regernation aspect to his Q and a stun to his W. He should be able to throw the bag of coins like olaf throws his axes, but allies are able to pick it up, if it passes through an enemy champion it stuns them. As far as his Q, in that shower, allied champions should get a small health or mana regain (or both?) sort of like shens regeneration on his Q, not a large nuke heal, just a small increased health regain. Without lore to understand his character its a bit hard to understand everything, so without it and by just looking his ultimate doesn't fit the theme that the rest of his abilities bring out, everything hes done before was that of a rich tycoon, but then he curses his targets which makes him seem like more of a ghost or a witch doctor, or something of that nature, maybe hes a Ritch doctor! (hahaha ok bad berg-pun of the day) Um anyway, but do you see what I'm saying? If he is a ghostly version of a former person than his abilities need to reflect that more besides his ult, and if he is just some rich guy his ult needs to reflect that as well and not lend to another theme. My example to you would be Darius, Darius was a guy who was masterful at executing people, it is reflecting a lot in his ult, to "cut off someones head" but the rest of the abilities lend to that theme by beating the enemy into submission to set up for that final blow (unless its teemo then you just hit R soon as you see him.)

Lastly a few more pros, his quotes are good, love the joke, but again, if he is just a tycoon, these work, if hes a formerly deceased tycoon risen from death as a ghost, then that needs to be reflected a little bit here. with the information you have here thats all I can really do, if you put any additional in, feel free to ask for my review again.
~The BergMeister~

Icraig33

10-02-2012

Aight, I'll see about changing him up a little bit.

Anyways, here's a quick bump

Icraig33

10-03-2012

bump

also, This champion will be getting the full treatment (AKA appearance, spell icons and lore) sometime in the future.

Icraig33

11-10-2012

UPDATE

R:
- AoE range increased to 350 units from 200