Kha'Zix first impressions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Risemix

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argodis View Post
Low risk, high reward.
This is the exact opposite of true but ok.

First of all he can't deal damage without building mostly glass canon and his kit sucks at being a bruiser; he has no next-hit moves that might facilitate tankier bruiser-like items like Trinity Force or Wit's End. Sheen/TF suck even worse because he has low base damage. He's a caster.

Second, his dash is an all-in kind of move unless you get a kill (I'll give you that most people will have the E evo), which is, in and of itself a risk unless you're just there for clean-up.

His ult is unreliable as an escape, you still have to juke and outplay your opponent. It's more or less Wukong decoy on a minute-long cooldown defensively, and you can nullify it almost completely by spending 1750 gold.

I mean, he's an all-in glass cannon assassin. I'm not sure on what planet that could be considered "low risk." He needs to be played like Katarina.

Yo the forums in general need to stop using buzz phrases they don't understand. Pre-nerf Zyra was low risk high reward, riven top lane is low-risk high reward. lol

Cauldrath

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risemix View Post
So much misinformation in this thread

Kha'zix's Q is a nuke, not an AA reset for one.
It's a nuke that resets your autoattack. Not all abilities that reset autoattacks are on-next-hit abilities.

konfetarius

09-29-2012

Quote:
This is the exact opposite of true but ok.
No, that's actually true.

Quote:
I mean, he's an all-in glass cannon assassin. I'm not sure on what planet that could be considered "low risk." He needs to be played like Katarina.
Your problem is that you think he needs to be built full glass to do any damage. This is false. He is not a burst assassin - he doesn't have enough oomph in his full combo to instantly 100-0 something like Rengar or Talon. Like Akali, he will need to spend some time working on his target. You absolutely need defensive items for that if the enemy has any damage and CC to hit you back while you do it. Once you view it from this angle, he becomes incredibly derpy in terms of how easy he is to play.

Evolved E is an incredible gap closer and escape tool. His W, evolved or not, lets him contribute to fights even when dangerously low.

BigDaddyDelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
No, that's actually true.

Your problem is that you think he needs to be built full glass to do any damage. This is false. He is not a burst assassin - he doesn't have enough oomph in his full combo to instantly 100-0 something like Rengar or Talon. Like Akali, he will need to spend some time working on his target. You absolutely need defensive items for that if the enemy has any damage and CC to hit you back while you do it. Once you view it from this angle, he becomes incredibly derpy in terms of how easy he is to play.

Evolved E is an incredible gap closer and escape tool. His W, evolved or not, lets him contribute to fights even when dangerously low.
Ok, I overwhelmingly disagree.

Kha'Zix is a champion that does one thing, damage. Unlike other assassins like Talon, the only utility he can bring is a slow that he can obtain situationally, not exactly the best bet.

You hugely underestimate Kha'Zix's damage I think. It's pretty obscene once he gets some damage rolling if the target is isolated, is an absolute ***** to escape, and he definitely can put out similar bursts of damage to those like Talon, Akali, and Katarina.

I've seen a couple people build him tanky, and he just wasn't intimidating anymore. He didn't really hurt badly enough to really make him worth focusing over their other champions, and while he still hurt, it wasn't nearly enough to really stop our momentum.

Kha'Zix is a burst heavy assassin that has no cc, and is very vulnerable. That's just what he is, building tanky may make him less ****ed over when he gets cc'd, but that's not how you make the most of him. Like Katarina, he needs to lay in wait for his opportunity to jump in and ruin people's ****.

I dunno, but the way you describe him makes him seem like his burst is not exceptional, when from my experience that is FAR from the truth.

konfetarius

09-29-2012

Because it is not exceptional. Your burst is exceptional when you can kill a target before it can even react - see Rengar. By your logic, every AD carry has exceptional "burst" when you reach 20 minutes.

Khazix will never come close to one shotting a target in 1 QWE combo. He needs to land several Q's. That's not longer burst. That's just obscenely high DPS. And if you have to sit next to a target waiting for cooldowns, you are going to need defenses if you don't want to be killed before Q is up again.

If you are going to say R, I will say Hextech Sweeper.

Risemix

09-29-2012

Ummm it isn't "not burst" just because you can't one-shot someone.

BigDaddyDelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
Because it is not exceptional. Your burst is exceptional when you can kill a target before it can even react - see Rengar. By your logic, every AD carry has exceptional "burst" when you reach 20 minutes.

Khazix will never come close to one shotting a target in 1 QWE combo. He needs to land several Q's. That's not longer burst. That's just obscenely high DPS. And if you have to sit next to a target waiting for cooldowns, you are going to need defenses if you don't want to be killed before Q is up again.

If you are going to say R, I will say Hextech Sweeper.
No champion can really ever one shot unless they are really far ahead of their opponents, so it's a bit of a fallacy to say that unless you one shot you aren't a burst assassin.

That doesn't mean that they don't burst or are assassins though. In fact, most assassins have at least one skill that has a low cd that is a primary part of their burst (Katarina W, AKali Q, Talon Q, Fizz's W is sustained, etc). And it still doesn't mitigate the fact that tanky Kha doesn't really do anything. Warwick at least has surpression, monster speed, and self sustain to make him obnoxious and unkillable when he's tanky. Kha... well... he doesn't really do anything special enough when building tanky to make it worthwhile for him in the end.

Glass cannon Kha'Zix is a force however, and does awesome damage.

Sazdek

09-29-2012

im having a decent amount of success with him right now. I posted a crude build on the forums if people want to check it out. he's very VERY good at cleaning up and even turret diving. BUT he definitely needs body blockers. tanks and such to keep the CC up while he blows cooldowns. This is true with any assassin though. I build him mildly tanky while doing a ton of damage. maw/entropy/lw are my main damage items. Bruta/g.blade+ionian+glacial/fh for my CDR makes up my other 3 items.

Westlin

09-29-2012

It's weird cuz I have seen some truly excellent Kha'Zix players and then there are the ones who jump in die due to their glass cannon build and then the fight is 3v4. Unlike Pantheon you can't win with him unless you really know what your doing. If you jump into the fight b4 your ally jax is within jump range then your gonna screw yourself over. Personally I'm gonna stick with my surefire champs for awhile like Pantheon, Zyra and Maokai until I actually understand how this guy works.

konfetarius

09-29-2012

Why do I have this terrible feeling that the "tank kha'zix" being referred to here is Frozen Mallet rush or something like that.