Kha'Zix first impressions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigDaddyDelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

I've been playing a couple of games as him so far, and I have to say, I am really impressed. This is definitely on my top 3 of Riot's best designed champions, he has so much to him that makes him not just strong but also fun to play. Thematically he is also brilliantly designed, much on the same level as Nocturne and Ori. All that work they did on his voice/animations/evolutions really payed off as he has a feeling that almost all champions cannot compare to. He is a perfect fit for Dominion and can straight up CRUSH opponents, which is of course very beneficial for an assassin.

I definitely recommend leveling Q first. It's your highest increase in damage as the cd is stupidly short at higher levels, and the numbers for it are just insane when enemies are isolated (of which I should mention constantly happens in Dom). After that, leveling W or E is pretty up to you, but I honestly don't think there is any reason to not max Q as soon as possible. I also have found the most success in taking my Q's evolution first, and you just chunk through people's health like crazy.

Getting evolved wings is also pretty necessary. I've found there are a lot of walls you can't jump without it, and the refresh is very nice.

As far as builds go, he seems pretty flexible. A more glass cannon build will melt opponents like butter, and it's probably going to be the way to play him on this map. He has fairly good engage/disengage tactics that work well on this map, he can be a pain to focus if you use his ult and jumps correctly. Kha's only claim to fame is damage too, he literally doesn't do anything BUT damage outside of a 30% slow but he can pack on the hurt hard and fast.

Tanky builds have had some success too. He is still dangerous but also fairly resiliant, like I said he can be pretty painful to focus down so tankier builds have this trend of just living through everything. That being said, I still prefer going heavy on the damage items.

I need more time with him before I will come up with a favorite build, but I find I really don't like triforce on him. I haven't used it myself yet, but I have seen others use it to not much effect. His Q doesn't apply Sheen, and the only ap scaling he gets off of Sheen is for his heal, and all around he is similar to Riven in that he scales so well with AD that you would rather get a heavier AD item than Triforce.

I think Entropy would be a solid item on him. The perma-slow is definitely nice, and I always liked buying Entropy on champs that auto-attack but space out their auto's as it's arguably the highest amount of bonus dps you can get in one package for those champs (Riven and Darius are good examples of what I mean).

Brutalizer is definitely a must buy. It's such a huge increase in damage in the earlier phase of the game you can't really pass it up. It also makes the cd on Q stupidly low, which is always very nice.

I'm honestly smitten. I didn't think any champ would beat out Katarina in fun level for me, but Kha'Zix is just so much fun I don't want to play anything else. I may write a full detailed guide on him later, but for now this has my seal of approval and expect to see me playing him a lot if you play with me often.

Reynmaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

I actually seriously read this post thinking to myself: Maybe I'm wrong and alien wasn't released OP as fk. Then you said he's more fun than remade 'mash-buton triple/quadra/penta kill' Katarina.

Exodus180

09-27-2012

Kha'zix is insanely OP... half HP opener from the VERY first fight (windmill/top) to the end of the game with an easy escape.

Inkyjinx

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus180 View Post
Kha'zix is insanely OP.. .
he's uber fun. and broken as hell.

a Trist level range initiate and/or escape. a massive damage Q with a 'it's constantly firing' passive. he could not have a W and be OP.

seriously. i have no idea how Riot released this champ in this state.

konfetarius

09-27-2012

The easiest assassin to play. Easier than even poppy. I don't think his mobility/damage is out of line (see Fizz for the AP version), but his Q isolation radius needs to be bigger.

MajorUrsa

09-27-2012

im loving all the knee-jerk OP day 1 reactions from people. its hilarious.

Cauldrath

09-27-2012

AD caster with an autoattack reset every 2.1 seconds? Probably balanced.

Jaghut Tyrant

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorUrsa View Post
I don't know how to play against this guy....yet.....
OP!!!!!!!

(not saying he isnt OP)

Inkyjinx

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorUrsa View Post
for me, it's from playing him. he just seems totally broken OP.

he also seems really easy to be bad with. :;

MMKH

09-27-2012

I've basically been picking a tanky with some form of CC all day lol.