A message from your jungler.

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Etherimp

08-11-2012

Posted this in another thread, figured it deserved a thread of it's own. Enjoy:

A nice strong leash can mean the difference between me ganking before or after their jungler.

6 seconds of auto attacks from a solo-top or ADC can mean the difference between me being able to save smite and steal their red, or NOT, and not being able to gank right away.

A nice strong leash can help me gank at level 2, which gives gold for First blood AND assist, OR just makes them burn their flash/ghost...which, guess what? Now that that flash/ghost is down, you are free to kill them with your superior farm that I afforded you. You lost 2 CS in the beginning, but gained 12 after I ganked for you, and you can now dominate your lane without me.

Sticking around and helping me do blue/red so I can go counter-jungle and gank means I am more likely to give you my blue or red, because I can farm theirs thanks to jungle dominance.

You warded Baron or Dragon? Fantastic.. Not only does it protect your lane, but it also protects my jungle and allows me to counter-gank.

You didn't ward your lane? Let me guess.. you're one of those guys that gets ganked 3-4 times then complains about how their jungler is camping your lane, and how I suck as a jungler because I haven't ganked your lane 3-4 times. How do you expect me to gank when your lane opponent is warding and you are not? How do I know I'm not face-checking an occupied bush?

Furthermore, thanks for feeding your lane.. You now have made it IMPOSSIBLE for me to gank, because if I try to, I may end up giving your lane opponent a double kill along with double buffs.

If I ask you to push your lane, it's because I want to gank it because I know the lane is warded.. NOT because I want to make you vulnerable to river ganks. You should have your river warded, kinda like your opponent likely does, hence why I need you to push: So I can ninja gank from side bush instead of through river. Get it? Thanks.

You see me standing in that bush right next to your lane pinging your lane opponent? Why not try going and instigating a fight so I can follow up? I know you're intimidated because your lane opponent is outplaying you, but I can't help you if you don't step up and use some CC, or simply give them a good reason to stick around long enough for me to close the gap. Really, wouldn't you like the kill? I'll give it to you, if you help me.

Did you know you can click on your lane opponent and see if they hold items? I'm sure you do. You're a pro and I'm just a crappy jungler, right? Well, by seeing their items, you can see if they have wards.. If they come into lane with 3 wards, and when I ask "is bot lane warded", you can simply check their items.. If they have 0 wards, you can say three wards are on bot lane, which probably means river, tri-bush, and lane bush.. If they have 2 wards, I know what I'm working with.. If they still have 3, you just earned yourself a free gank because you're so vigilant.

On that note... If you manage to tell me WHERE the wards are exactly AND even better, if you can keep approximate timers on them ,that would be fantastic.. Know how you can keep a timer on wards? By warding right after they do! IF your ward is down, so is theirs.. This helps me immensely, and there-by, helps you by making your lane easy to gank for me.

Am I pinging dragon? That's because my smite is up, and I have enough health to tank it, and they are probably down 1-2 players or I know where they are on the map. Sometimes, junglers make mistakes and things go poorly, but if you do not make your best attempt at getting to dragon/baron in a timely fashion, you are potentially costing the entire team a lot of gold and/or a buff. Just respond to the ping.

Did I ward their blue/red? Guess what.. I warded it so you can go steal it from them! I will usually try to help you, but sometimes that's impossible. Most AP carries can easily burst down blue and steal from a jungler. Your ability combo likely does more damage than smite. Just sayin'.

Am I pinging in my jungle? That means I'm being counter-jungled/invaded. I need your help. If I die in my jungle, alone, it's because I didn't have the support of my team. NOT because I am a bad jungler. If my red and blue get stolen even though I had wards on them, it's because whoever was closest to those wards didn't properly respond to the threat. Again, NOT because I am a bad jungler. I can't be top, bottom, mid, shop, AND protecting both of my buffs ALL at the same time. It's impossible. I need your help to cover whatever is closest to your lane. If we're purple team and someone is at my red, that means I need mid and top to help. Want a free kill? If you come help me protect my jungle, I'll gladly let you have it.

Know why I want you to get the kills? Because while I am carrying your sorry ass through early game with my buff control and pressure from ganks, you will have to carry my ass through late game because I'm a jungler, and most junglers fall off late game.

That said, a kill early in the game would be nice so I can afford a Wriggles and some boots.

Oh, and if I take a few of your last hits in your lane, it's not because I'm trying to starve you.. It's because *I* have spent valuable time letting my jungle camps go unfarmed while I sat in your lane setting up a gank. Notice my level? Yeah.. You're probably 1-2 levels over me. Also, check my last hits.. Notice how I'm the 2nd lowest above support? Don't be greedy. Share a few last hits here and there and I will share my jungle buffs with you. Hell, I'll be happy to give you wraiths/golems if you let me farm your lane while you shop, or if you help me get some assists/kill gold by setting up solid ganks.

I could go on about this all day, but I won't. I'm convinced that if everyone in the game really listened and understood to the above information (junglers all know it very well), then the junglers job would be much easier.

Fact: A good jungler has a larger impact on the early portions of the game than any other position.. Followed by Mid and Support. Mid game is dominated by the solo-top and Mid.. Late game by the ADC and whoever's tanking/initiating.

Update 8-14-12

How to properly leash Blue/Red and Wolves/Wraiths:

Step 1: Ask your jungler if he is starting Wolves (on blue side) or Wraiths (on red side), or if he's going Blue/Red first. Most experienced junglers who are playing Tier 1 or 2 jungle champions will start wolves/wraiths then move on to the buff camp.

Step 2: Wait for your jungler to attack the first minion. This is VERY important. If you hit the minions first they will aggro on to you and your jungler will have to chase them all around to land attacks on them, and you will take physical damage from the minions. Believe it or not, 3 wolves critting you can hurt you quite a bit and may force you to recall or use a potion, or just go into your lane with lower health than you should.

Step 3: Your Jungler should be attacking the "main" minion of the camp (Blue wraith or brown wolf). If you have an AOE ability such as Mordekaisers E, you should be able to use it on ALL of the minions your first shot. Just do not fire any AOE abilities when any of the minions are below 3/4 hp, depending on your ability power. After the jungler has the camp attacking him, alternate attacks between the minor minions of the camp until they are within 1 or 2 hits of dying. If you see your jungler starting to attack a minion you have already attacked, IMMEDIATELY stop attacking it so you do not accidentally kill it and gain the gold. It's a rather minor issue, and most junglers won't rage at you if it's an accident, but whatever you do, DO NOT get the last hit on the head minion.

Step 4: As soon as you see ANY minion close to death, STEP AWAY from the minion camp so that your jungler collects ALL of the experience from these minions. Even 1 minor minion that he has to split experience with you for can mean the difference between him leveling properly and not.

Step 5: Immediately after he has cleared the wolf/wraith camp, be ready to leash Red/Blue by stepping BEHIND the wall surrounding the buff camp. You should be in the same path that leads toward mid turret. As soon as Blue or Red spawns, use an ability or ranged auto-attack through the wall in order to aggro the camp onto you. While the buff starts walking toward you, your jungler should start attacking it. After he has started attacking it, run back towards mid so that the minion loses aggro on you and does not reset. Aggro will be shifted to your jungler, and if he still needs your help you can return to deal more damage to the minion.

Step 6: BE ABSOLUTELY sure that you are not in close proximity to the jungle minions when they die. If you are standing too close when blue/red dies, your jungler will fail to level and this can significantly hamper his jungle speed.

That's it, you now know how to properly leash!

If you've already got that down to a science, and you want your jungler to worship the ground you walk on, you can learn a more advanced technique which has started to gain more popularity lately.

The POWER LEASH!

PLEASE practice this in a custom game before actually doing it in a real game, or you could screw it up and reset the buff, which is a huge pain in the butt and slows down your jungler significantly.

Follow everything above, up to step 5.. Rather than running directly back to mid and letting the Blue/Red buff de-aggro on you, you want to walk back and forth between the two S shaped bushes repeatedly, until the buff is dead. This back and forth motion confuses the pathing on the blue/red buff and forces the buff mob to run back and forth, never attacking the jungler or you. This will allow your jungler to auto-attack the mob until it dies without taking any damage or burning a potion.

If you are Top/Bottom lane, and you want to help your jungler with the buff, it's VERY simple..

First: Ask him if he wants to use smite or not.. If he is using smite, the simple rule is: stop attacking when you see the Buff at approximately 1/2 hp.

If he says he doesn't want to use smite and would rather go counter-jungle, then continue attacking the mob until it only has 3-4 more auto-attacks until it dies. Just make sure that no matter what you do (whether you are ranged, support, or melee), that you get out of the proximity of the buff before your jungler kills it, so he gets full experience.

If you do these things for your jungler, they will love you and I believe MOST will probably treat you better for the duration of the game. This could mean more ganks, free-wards, etc.

FlashJS

08-12-2012

nice

Velpro

08-12-2012

pretty awesome my man

Lord Puppy Fury

08-12-2012

Thanks, I'm starting to learn to jungle and this really helps. I've already noticed that the harder my team leashes the more effective I am as a jungler. Now, when they won't give me a hard leash, I need to stop feeling guilty that I can't gank their lanes because I'm behind.

Etherimp

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Puppy Fury View Post
Thanks, I'm starting to learn to jungle and this really helps. I've already noticed that the harder my team leashes the more effective I am as a jungler. Now, when they won't give me a hard leash, I need to stop feeling guilty that I can't gank their lanes because I'm behind.
You SHOULD be able to *COMPLETE* your jungle without a leash.. This means hitting level 4, and maintaining a pretty solid level of HP...

But "completing" your jungle is much different than "being able to gank while jungling."

The stronger the leash, the stronger your presence Pre-level 6.

Tincture

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2012

Also: A successful gank does not necessarily mean a kill - did i burn their flash? youre welcome. Did i cause them to have to recall at level 3, and now youre a level ahead of them, and you were able to push that wave of your minions right into that greedy turret, so youre almost 2 levels higher? Youre welcome!

Etherimp

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tincture View Post
Also: A successful gank does not necessarily mean a kill - did i burn their flash? youre welcome. Did i cause them to have to recall at level 3, and now youre a level ahead of them, and you were able to push that wave of your minions right into that greedy turret, so youre almost 2 levels higher? Youre welcome!
Even just scaring them enough to back off forces them to buy wards (which they should be buying anyway), but also makes them a little more hesitant to push their lane, and forces them to tell their jungler to assist them more, etc etc.

It's a psychological game.

Lord Puppy Fury

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etherimp View Post
You SHOULD be able to *COMPLETE* your jungle without a leash.. This means hitting level 4, and maintaining a pretty solid level of HP...

But "completing" your jungle is much different than "being able to gank while jungling."

The stronger the leash, the stronger your presence Pre-level 6.
Well yeah, I can sit there and farm the jungle all day. But if I'm going to start stealing/sharing buffs, ganking, and have the gold to drop wards, it behooves the team to help me help them.

FieryNox

08-12-2012

TY. There is nothing like playing Amumu, taking E at level 1, or playing Ali in general and going MUAHAHA IM GOING TO LEVEL 2 GANK. GUYS... WOLVES.. HELP... OK... BLUE... OMG I GET JUST 1 AA?... OK I GUESS ILL GANK AT LVL 4 AFTER I B

AJStarhiker

08-12-2012

I'm a pretty inexperienced jungler. That said, few things frustrate me more than someone calling insults and harrassing when they 1) offer no advice on how to improve and 2) don't even bother warding...especially when I've fallen so far behind attempting a gank is, effectively, a death sentance.

12345 ... 7