Kha'zix?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phourc

09-28-2012

Hm... I played my first game with Khaz, evolved E, W, then Q - felt like I took Q way too late ): That and holy **** does he need CDR, it's an absolute pain to finish people without it at max...

Thinking I may ignore W for the most part, sitting at one point for cap interrupts - evolving Q-E-R.

I do love how Riot made them all really good to have, but damn does it make building him hard D:

Risemix

09-28-2012

I get my CDR with brutalizer, boots, and the mastery in the offense tree. That's 29% which seems to do the job all right. Most of the other CDR items seem mediocre on him. There are a ton of "meh" choices, and there's always old faithful (Frozen heart/Glacial shroud) but that's a very expensive item for a champion with an already expensive core requirement.

DiscworldDeath

09-28-2012

Remember you can evolve and level things separately. It might pay off to evolve Q early for the range and the non-scaling extra damage, but not level it cause you want the CD from leveling W/E. Or you might really want the slow on W, but you don't plan to use it much for damage and heal, so you could evolve it but leave it at 1 pt. Etc.

Risemix

09-28-2012

Yeah, I level R>Q>W>E

But I evolve Q, then E, then either R or W (partial to R atm)

Phourc

09-28-2012

I'm liking the R evolution on a tankier build, thinking I could go a kinda-tanky cdr-ish build (atmallet, bruta, something something) with evolving Q-R-E. Not the best but beef helps a LOT in soloq.

Panwar

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risemix View Post
Yeah, I level R>Q>W>E

But I evolve Q, then E, then either R or W (partial to R atm)
Almost the same.

Lvl: R>Q>W>E

Evo: E>Q>R

Gotta Evo E first though. The distance and reset on that evo jump is just too good. I love ganking bot by jumping over the bottom wall and landing right on them in the middle of the lane.

I get my CDR from Brut, Boots(if I can, I will take mercs if I need them though), Offense Mastery, and Flat CDR blues.

I have also done what someone else in this thread talked about. Got Ghostblade and Brut.

Risemix

09-29-2012

Actually I'll try flat CDR blues. Good suggestion.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackDAILO View Post
Skills: Q, E, W
Evolve: E, W, Q or R

Evolving E and W will give you very strong utilities as opposed to a slight damage increase during mid-game with Q.

For build usage, I've been using the burst Wukong build which was given to me by Panzerzs. And that build is surprisingly effective on KZ.

Your core
: Ionian, Brutalizer, Phage, LW
Other items to consider: Hexdrinker (highly recommended)/Maw, Glacial/FH, Ghostblade, Mallet/Entropy.

What not to get: Sanguine Blade, Infinity Edge, Black Cleaver

Since Kha'Zix is an AD Caster with an short cooldown nuke, it should be noted to build as much CDR, AD, and ArPen on him as possible. And of course, it is never advisable to build anyone glass in dominion unless you have the positioning to back you up, in this case KZ does not provide. Those items would allow you to get in the middle of a fight without being instagibbed. It would also allow you to pull off a 1v1 in the jungle.

Your job in a teamfight is to get in, grab the squishies, have you E reset, grab other squishies or get out. And that is why getting Sanguine, IE, or Black Cleaver is not advisable since those items require you to autoattack for a short while to unleash their full potentials.
the one i'm liking the most tbh

Risemix

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
the one i'm liking the most tbh
Am I a bad person for feeling gimped without the Q evo early on? :\ lol

I don't buy a phage. With the Q augment your AA and Q range are really big, you can usually kill any keyt arget before they escape.

I go Brutalizer Ioanian LW.

After that, it's kind of up in the air. I might be a retarded but I really like gunblade.

Panwar

09-29-2012

This may sound kind of kooky, but I have weird thoughts when I'm at work at 4am.

His passive is magic damage, and his passive and heal have ap ratios. Has anyone tried a Haunting Guise? A bit of ap for his passive and heal, some magic pen for his passive and a bit of health? I can't try it at the moment because of my schedule, but it was just something I thought of. Especially for those that are liking Gunblade.