Do NOT buy the new Kha'Zix skin: Here's why

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chocobo X

09-27-2012

pity i was going to buy it too

energybar

09-27-2012

bump

Sinornim

09-27-2012

I got the bundle. Screw the skin.

SharkPiledriver

09-27-2012

Hah, legendary status?

Well yeah, I'm damn sure not buying it then, not now not ever. I buy skins when they go on sale only.

Lugsy

09-27-2012

Why the hell is a single SIMPLE skin as much as nearly the whole bundle? bad move riot.. I bet nothing will come of it, they know you kids will buy things at any price so now expect everything to go up. Why are they so greedy? Its a free game yeah but I like to buy skins, dont think I will be reupping on RP if they continue with these prices

Riven Bt

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenythz View Post
Yea, I bought the bundle. I assumed the 1350 marked on the skin was just a typo, am learning here that I was wrong.
Same here actually.

NannerNe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

I can understand why the price is so high, but honestly, Riot shouldn't be releasing a Legendary as a champ's first and ONLY skin.

Blutarsky Blues

09-27-2012

I bought it with the bundle which is a bigger sale than normal 975 skins. How is this going to test the waters? Seems like they made an amazing skin and want people to have it at a sale price. Its is fair warning and after that the price goes up. Take it or leave it. If people do not buy it at 1350 then there is a discussion, but until then they are giving you better quality at a greater savings. This seems legit to me

Primanocte

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcqe View Post
let me just grab my tinfoil hat.
This isn't some off the wall theory, this is a standard business practice. Its honestly Business 101. If you have a popular product you keep upping the price until demand plateaus. Why do you think all new champs are now 6300 IP/ 975 RP? Because they know we'll still buy them at that price. I'd be willing to be that sometime in the next year they'll release a new champ at a higher RP price point, just to test the waters again.

Its just business. We get to decide at which price point we like our skins. If we, as players, buy this skin in sufficient numbers, this new price point will definitely become the norm.

Eat Orange Be K

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelicious View Post
How so? The champion has unique mechanics that are reflected in his model and animations. Why should a skin cost more than usual because of something Riot did to detract us from our perfectly legitimate "stale mechanics" argument?
Exactly. Hell, for this reason alone, I'm actually reversing my stance on wanting a new Udyr skin, just because I'm worried they'll pull the same **** with it that they have here (oh, well, this game mechanic means the skin involves more, so 1350!), and I've lobbied for it for a long ass time now.