Support in Ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PentaAsian

09-26-2012

So I would just like to have this simple question answered. Why doesn't anyone want to play support in lower ELO games?

SkullMasteRgR

09-26-2012

Because people consider it boring and because it's the hardest role in the current meta.

Lethadind

09-26-2012

Because thousands upon thousands of people have been feeding other people the garbage that support has no influence on the game.

"Raising your Elo" is all the rage, everyone wants to do it, and no one is willing to play support because they think that they're basically at the mercy of their team. This is entirely false, as everyone I've personally ever talked to that has "carried" themselves up to higher Elo has mained support.

Support is important! Spread the word.

Enfillyon

09-26-2012

people who dont play a good deal of support dont know that there is actually a lot involved with the role

wards are just one part but you need to peel, heal, and call out all the tiny details your teammates need to know

one thing ive noticed is that many supports dont help their ADs last hit under tower properly

many just afk in the bush but what they dont know is that they need to apply pressure when needed, help control the flow of minions when needed and be on the look out for tiny bits of information to make you chances of winning even a tiny bit better.

because you arent the one focusing on CSing and arent in an isolated solo lane you are able to take many more aspects of the game into account and i feel thats what differentiates a good support from a bad one

Lethadind

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enfillyon View Post
and i feel thats what differentiates a good support from a bad one
A good support from a great support* You can still do a lot of things and be "good," but this is how you "carry" as a support.

Wick3dD3vil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2012

Support has little to no influence in carrying themselves into higher ELO's.
I main a support and I'd say I'm a pretty good one..I've been paired with many ADC's that don't know what they are doing.
However, when I do get a good one - life's great ELO raise. Other than that it's a bust.
Most supports can only do so much to "carry."
Sure wards, and auras, and the right plays can help - but you need a team to support to be able to win.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

Because the people doesn't deserve me to support them..

Coming from a 2k support main that often help people when they are at lower elo.

NotanNSAplant

09-27-2012

Because when I end up playing support, not only can I not carry, the ADC doesn't capitalize on anything I do.

Devious Rogue

09-27-2012

Because you can carry a game as an ADC despite a bad support, but you can't carry a game as support if you have a bad ADC.

And people would rather be the bad ADC than the one supporting the bad ADC.

kenoin

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Because the people doesn't deserve me to support them..

Coming from a 2k support main that often help people when they are at lower elo.
Not trying to be a d*ck but that's a bit selfish, i find myself playing support alot due to everyone being INSTANT LOCK I'M PRO AT THIS. Then later on they end up either losing lane or doing well, i would circle losing lane cause most of the people that instant lock fail hard... No offensive to anyone that does this time to time again everyone does cause they're just sick of not being able to play something that they want to... but in most cases i end up playing what the team needs most often that seems to be either jungle or support...