Skarner or Maokai

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sivart0087

09-27-2012

I want to get one of these two junglers next, I haven't played either of them much so I wouldn't know how decent either one is besides seeing them in pro play occasionally.
Which one should I get? Is one significantly better than the other?
(I usually play top and mid, I don't jungle often but when I do its usually Mundo or Mumu if that helps)

Dàwn

09-27-2012

get skarner he is a little more independent than mao ,but imo get both !

LouisLeGros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

Skarner is better for carrying, Mao is a good pick vs AoE though and has nasty ganks with his w+q.

Valrcrist

09-27-2012

I actually think maokai is slightly better for carrying, just because his ganks are so incredibly brutal. As far as I'm concerned, getting everyone on your team an early game advantage by snowballing their lanes = carrying.

Dr Plutonious

09-27-2012

I would go with Maokai.

He is EASILY one of the strongest early game gankers thanks to his high base damage, ability to create vision in ganks (saplings), cut people off, (saplings), and has multiple forms of cc (snare, knockback, slow). All of his CC is also non-ultimate.

Glorkle

09-27-2012

tree

LouisLeGros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valrcrist View Post
I actually think maokai is slightly better for carrying, just because his ganks are so incredibly brutal. As far as I'm concerned, getting everyone on your team an early game advantage by snowballing their lanes = carrying.
I frequently find my teammates throwing the advantages I make for them as Mao. With Skarner I can mitigate that a bit by providing more damage in fights without relying on teammates to do as much damage as Mao would. I also find that Skarner is better at snowballing, partially because he can better secure objectives without as much team cooperation. My win rate with Skarner is about 11% higher than mine with Mao, but my average scores are pretty close (4.6/3.3/12.8 as mao, 5.1/2.6/12.1 with Skarner)

sivart0087

09-27-2012

Thanks for all the replies! Which one would you consider more team reliant? (If I were going to go into solo Q which one would I have better chances with?) I like them both but and will probably get both in the end, but for now I can only get one.

chezwickcheese

10-10-2012

I was in the same situation as you. I went with Maokai. Most fun champion I have played to this day. His ganks are unbelievable, his clear times are scary and he's just a fun champion.

Sarah Lee

10-10-2012

Skarner is a bit less team reliant I think, because he does more damage by himself and he has a shield, making him more naturally tanky. He's also very mobile. I'd say Maokai is much better at ganking though, as Skarner's ganks aren't really that scary until he has his ult. Mao can start ganking at level 3 or 4. Though after 6, Skarner is probably more of a threat.

Both are really strong but I'd say Skarner is closer to the carry role than Mao, who is definitely in the support jungler class (Skarner can go for either a support type build or a tanky dps build).