Lux's Face Icon [With Solution]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

General Quackers

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauryl View Post
I dont know why they didn't just use the vastly superior original Chinese art. I mean just look at how much of an improvement that is over the version they just added.
Lux looks like she's ****ing tripping on E in that art.

FilthySaint

09-27-2012

Don't forget to do the same to the new Morgana and Miss Fortune splashes.

Dorotheus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilthySaint View Post
Don't forget to do the same to the new Morgana and Miss Fortune splashes.
Morgana's issue is different from this, and I believe Miss Fortune's is actually pretty good. It shows her character with her puckered lips and her wavy red hair. I couldn't confuse it with Katarina ever.

EDIT: Morgana's does look much better with the same treatment...I was a lil wrong.

BelligerentGnu

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
No, because everyone has an opinion on art and it differs. The opinion on whether people like this or not is scattered, where the old one was a mess objectively from an art standpoint :P

I'm only here to comment on the face icon problem; not opinions either way on the splash. Not only do I not know enough about art to explain anything in-depth, but I also don't really have interest in that subject. This argument will be a bunch of subjective statements thrown around, which in and of itself will drive me to drink.
One day you will admit that someone who dislikes a given piece of art has an aesthetic point, and Hell will freeze over.

A Swarm of Koala

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauryl View Post
I dont know why they didn't just use the vastly superior original Chinese art. I mean just look at how much of an improvement that is over the version they just added.
What is it that's so hard about making a normal human face? That Lux looks like she's got two mostly healed black eyes.

Dorotheus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-27-2012

Added Morgana's to the mix
It does look much better.

Dorotheus

Recruiter

09-27-2012

bump

Ratatox

09-27-2012

All Summoner Icons have only their faces so people can tell who they are easier. If you see somebody from further away it's going to be harder to tell who it is than regular.
I messed around with your idea in Photoshop anyway, either way it's going to stand out and still appear ugly. I feel bad for telling them to make new summoner art for Lux, but please make another.
I think the art is amazing and has recently become WAY better, but this art is generally a bit too bright compared to the other art. Maybe try darkening it in some way will make it better.

Final Conclusion: Art is overall amazing, I'll give you that; but it just doesn't fit with all the other summoner icons. My thoughts are that editing this art to make a better summoner icon won't work, she generally has a big forehead and this just makes it stand out even more.

Keep up the good work.

Dorotheus

Recruiter

09-27-2012

bump

RoflSyrup

09-27-2012

I'm completely fine with the one Morgana has now. It still feels like Morgana, and kind of makes her a little more intimidating, and I don't think zooming out is necessary for it.

However, I do think that Lux's icon could use it. It's mostly because of the angle of the splash. I like the splash, but I feel that using it as an icon that close to her face doesn't really work. It makes her look like she has no hair, and therefore takes away her iconic headband and golden locks.