Kha’Zix, the Voidreaver, Now Available!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StarBubbles

09-27-2012

Dat mecha skin. Sigh, seems like all future skins will be 1350+. That's like, over $5 man. No point in selling $5 worth of rp anymore.

ChrisCTX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

So, instead of really raising the bar on skins, you raise the price... not into it all, even if the skin does look nice.

civ

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
This is not a normal skin. It is arguably legendary but we decided to price it well below legendary AND to price the bundle at the same price as other launch bundles, so the champion is almost free if you buy the skin.

Hope you like it!
So any kha'zix that gets released will be at least 1350 because of his evolve mechanic?

And what about Udyr? Is any new skin he gets going to be 1850 because his model doesn't allow for anything less than that?

I don't think people should be punished for wanting skins on champions with mechanics that alter their model.

ForsakenWolf

09-27-2012

wtf is with the skin being 1350

Mirza Says

09-27-2012

Came out b4 Oct? respect.

Zaani

09-27-2012

Why is a skin more expensive than the champ? I'm sure a lot more effort went into making the champ.... I'm not interested in skins costing increasingly absurd amounts.

venomxl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

Riot must be run by Roger Goodell. That's the only explanation for how they can show us such disdain continuously.

ohdatLass

09-27-2012

>We're cutting it down to one skin to make skins better, but don't worry we won't jack up the price guys

"But the X's ult has slightly different particles for each level of the ult, we have to charge 1350!"

It begins.

BeastBox

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaani View Post
Why is a skin more expensive than the champ?
It's a good skin? A lot of skins are more expensive than their respective champs, and not just the legendary ones ...

I'm curious what percentage of early champ buyers get the bundle as opposed to the champ with IP and the skin with RP, or just the champ. Peoplw who just get the champ won't care, people who get the bundle just made out like bandits (that'd be me). People who buy champs with IP and skins with RP are the only ones affected, but who does that, exactly? I'm honestly curious ...

AbyssionKnight

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
There are no current plans to make launch skins 1350 going forward. I can't say it will never happen, but this was a special case due to the evolving model and other badass features that are more like a legendary skin.
To be fair, the champion, even in his base skin, evolves. Does this mean that ALL Khazix skins will be 1350, since they'll all need to have evolving features?

Does this mean that udyr, who is basically 4 skins in one, will also have a 1350 if you guys ever give him another skin? D:

This kind of worries / disappoints me tbh.