Kha’Zix, the Voidreaver, Now Available!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcqe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
There are no current plans to make launch skins 1350 going forward. I can't say it will never happen, but this was a special case due to the evolving model and other badass features that are more like a legendary skin.
While I do partly agree, it seems like a bit of a cheap reason, almost like saying "the reason it's priced more is because kha'zix is kha'zix".

Now, I'm sure there are things I'm not taking into account, such as communication between different design teams (the skins team can't help it if the design team wants an evolving champion) but I'm just looking at it from the point of view that an average forum goer might see it.

It might help to shed a bit of light on it to help people more understand the thought process that went into the price decision, if simply to help avoid some of the obvious flak that's happening because of it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eat Orange Be K

Senior Member

09-27-2012

I too am a bit disappointed at the 1350RP price point on the skin. Not because it isn't something that is higher quality, but part of the entire justification of champion skins going from "no more 520, only 975's" AND "only one skin at release" was supposedly because higher quality was being focused on as the standard. If the high quality is essentially making legendaries or sub-legendaries with the equivalent price tags, then I'd just as rather they go back to the old model, which may have been less bells and whistles, but it was affordable AND gave you more options.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

venomxl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-27-2012

1. You guys are disgusting charging 1350 for a regular skin. Don't tell me it's almost a legendary or some happy horse**** like that. 2. spend more time on the champ, less time on the skin, he makes pre-buff skarner or yorick look like goddamn old xin/jax. 3. I want a refund on my refund for this pile of garbage. You should be disgusted with yourselves releasing a champ this ****. This is the anti-diana.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gallant Spike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-27-2012

Scyther used X-scissor

It's super effective!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wise Squirrel

Senior Member

09-27-2012

EDIT: My mistake, mistook it for another thread.

[Was the $3 post and my reply to that post deleted?

I just double checked the thread.

I HAVE BEEN SILENCED

I remember clearly because the $3 post had lots of downvotes (Was in the red).]


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hartar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
This is not a normal skin. It is arguably legendary but we decided to price it well below legendary AND to price the bundle at the same price as other launch bundles, so the champion is almost free if you buy the skin.

Hope you like it!
What about Amumu Sad Robot, Soul Reaven Draven or Full |Metal Jayce? Thoes 3 skin almost look like legendary. Your argument is invalid.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

reverse racist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat Orange Be K View Post
I too am a bit disappointed at the 1350RP price point on the skin. Not because it isn't something that is higher quality, but part of the entire justification of champion skins going from "no more 520, only 975's" AND "only one skin at release" was supposedly because higher quality was being focused on as the standard. If the high quality is essentially making legendaries or sub-legendaries with the equivalent price tags, then I'd just as rather they go back to the old model, which may have been less bells and whistles, but it was affordable AND gave you more options.
That's a good point. If the whole reason they made the skins better overall was to make them a more enticing purchase, then it defeats the purpose to increase the price point. It's really not a big deal to me since I don't buy many skins anymore but it's certainly a jarring decision by Riot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeastBox

Senior Member

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slothrop View Post
Can't believe they've added a new price point when they specifically said they would not do that.

This is ridiculous.
... don't buy it? It's one champ of 104, not a subscription fee. It's already cheaper than a legendary while being legendary quality, and then the bundle is still the same price as usual on top of that, effectively making it half off and you didn't even need the extra skin in the first place.

There's ridiculous in this thread, but not from Riot.
Quote:
spend more time on the champ, less time on the skin
Because the design team is the art team.
Quote:
What about Amumu Sad Robot, Soul Reaven Draven or Full |Metal Jayce? Thoes 3 skin almost look like legendary.
Mecha Kha'zix is well beyond those. Look at all the extra effects on the four evolutions. This isn't just extra particles here ...

Anyway, don't like it, don't buy it. That would send Riot a message because dollars are what matter. But we know you'll all pony up the dough anyway WHILE complaining, so ... yeah.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Delt Dragon

Senior Member

09-27-2012

... ARE YOU KIDING ME? i know that skin is awsome and has a lot of combinations... but... 1350 for the only aviable skin?...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blutarsky Blues

Senior Member

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastBox View Post
... don't buy it? It's one champ of 104, not a subscription fee. It's already cheaper than a legendary while being legendary quality, and then the bundle is still the same price as usual on top of that, effectively making it half off and you didn't even need the extra skin in the first place.

There's ridiculous in this thread, but not from Riot.
Yup right on. Buy it or do not no one is forcing your hand. If you buy it through the bundle it is an amazing deal that is on par with previous releases.