Which OP champion is best for carrying the entire team?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xPainx

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
I have to disagree on the 'carry with bottom' concept in soloq. If top fails non-stop, you get 1v2'd bottom and eventually lose or at least get forced into playing pure turtle to keep your one point. You have to crush bottom so hard there is literally a non-stop 1v2 against you, and even then I've STILL seen some top teams fail. Meanwhile winning top all the time means you can gank bottom and force the enemy to divide their already losing top team to support bottom as well. A clutch bottom capture can help win the game of course, but a strong bottom lane can't prevent a weak top from losing the game. You also can't always assume (insert OP bot) will faceroll the lane for you either. If you end up at a stalemate, that's it. It's all up to top.

Of the three you mentioned, I'd suggest Kass. Even if your top team sucks, you can just gank bot 24/7 with Kass and keep three points there long enough to hopefully recover top.
I'd have to agree. Some games you might carry by winning bot but i've done well bot by holding both points and top still cant even hold their mid sometimes. To truly carry bot you would have to play a hero that usually requires more than one person to beat you on your tower, like heimer or Yorick. Winning bot is like a bonus to your team cuz you can't hold it that long unless your playing a hero that can 1v2 or you get help from a teammate from top. Plus if they can't take you on your tower ,they might backcap your team's bot tower to force you to leave theirs. It's a combined effort of both top and bottom to win games.

MMKH

09-27-2012

Recently I've been taking an assassin bot, just pushing waves then coming top to gank lol.

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMKH View Post
Recently I've been taking an assassin bot, just pushing waves then coming top to gank lol.
Which assassins can push?

A single hat

09-27-2012

Any Assasin that can kill the enemy laner can push by default

Sakuri Ono

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A single hat View Post
This is a terrible question. What will happen is that you will pick OP champs, carry up to low/medium elo, and still have no idea how to actually play the game.
I've already learned the game; up to what I would call 'average' skill anyway. I know the 'meta', I know how to recognize situations that call for alterations in tactics, I have a fair idea about team compositions, ect. Until about a week ago I'd been playing with people who also had a fair idea how Dominion worked and how to play it. It was just an unlucky loss chain that shot me down to the ranges where all that matters nothing because most of your team still thinks the game = SR. (Or you get chuckleheads, like the pre-que duo I had the misfortune of playing with last night, who specifically que-troll just to AFK all game.)

The 'OP champ carry' tactic is just so I can get back to the level where meta actually matters and keep improving my skills so I can move onto 'above average'. You can't really practice 'skilled' Dominion in the bracket where people think it's a good idea to one-at-a-time rush a captured Windmill and turret dive the long ranged poker with melee, without even having pushed the minion wave to attempt neutralization.

Fabs457

09-27-2012

In the low(er) elos, a single player could potentially carry an entire team, I've seen... fioras... do it. But as you get more games in, team cohesion becomes more of a factor and you will notice more players building to specifically counter you as a carry. I've had less success when I first started off playing support/tank than I do now because I couldn't rely on my team---so I understand the need to always try and carry in blind pick. The intentional afking and dumb stuff like that becomes less of an issue when you get more games in, though, and as a tank/support player (from my exp.) there are much more appreciation for players fulfilling roles as people are more aware of teamwork

SCIENCE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

I agree with not artificially inflating your ELO too much by playing OPs. Sure you can get some easy wins to get yourself out of derpy ELO, but it's at the cost of learning to play champs that aren't broken and Dominion's actual game flow rather than hopping every wall every 3 seconds or being able to jump out of bushes and 2-shot anything. OP champs will always be banned in draft and tournament play so learning only them isn't very valuable. If I look in your match history and see 10 matches of only Jax, Jayce, Rengar and Kassadin, I'm going to assume you're not here to learn and hone your skills, but to gain invisible ELO. I'm pretty sure most of the community, myself included, will frown upon you for doing this.

NavyGothic

09-27-2012

Yeah, I'm with the "why worry about ELO?" guys. You can probably push up your ELO by playing nothing but OP champs. Then you'll probably lose it again when you stop. So, what's the plan? Keep playing Kass / Jayce / Jax / (insert FotM OP here) indefinitely?

It's not like there's some magical threshold for ELO where everyone stops trolling and never makes mistakes or picks poorly or disconnects. You can't even brag about ELO for e-peen purposes anymore.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyGothic View Post
Yeah, I'm with the "why worry about ELO?" guys. You can probably push up your ELO by playing nothing but OP champs. Then you'll probably lose it again when you stop. So, what's the plan? Keep playing Kass / Jayce / Jax / (insert FotM OP here) indefinitely?

It's not like there's some magical threshold for ELO where everyone stops trolling and never makes mistakes or picks poorly or disconnects. You can't even brag about ELO for e-peen purposes anymore.
i'm not saying Push my Elo, i'm guilty of Yorick spam lately just because i moostly play with friends and they are like play Yorick please, when i play alone i just pick personal favorites like Alistar or Fiora. i got to admit that i spamed Yorick just to get out of the "top or afk" land though, because that place was horrible as i already stated if smeone was willing to afk for not getting to go top or having to go bot it usually meant that he would afk anyways for any simple thing that he didn't like about the match because they are mostly Sr players with "Dominion doesn't matter" and "Dominion snowballs just as Sr" mentality.