There is not enough jewish champions.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Undead Yi

Senior Member

09-26-2012

Dear Riot,

I am truly offended that there is a lack of jewish champions in the league of legends champion rouster. This is extremely racist. My grandfather was a survivor of the holocaust and when I showed he started playing league of legends he quit within a week after realizing there are no jewish champions for him to play.

Please stop this discrimination against jews and make a jewish champion now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jloysnenph

Senior Member

09-26-2012

Does twisted fate as a gypsy not count?

I mean seriously, more gold for everyone.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PrfsrChaos

Senior Member

09-26-2012

OP I find your use of the term "racist" a little strong. Seeing as how most of the characters within League of Legends are not even human there can be an argument made that they're not super concerned about race. However, I do understand that there are certain trends and themes within the Champions, and there is a considerable lack of diversity among the humanoid champions (such as a lack of Black, Southern & Central American themed champions, as well as representation from cultures in the middle east)

As a fellow person of color I have found myself wishing that there were a bit more champions that fit with myself as an African American, however to go so far as to call Riot racist for not making more elves or yordles black...that's a bit much.

I am truly sorry that your grandfather did not have a fun experience playing the game though.

@jloysnenph "gypsy" is a racial slur and what you said was offensive and uncalled for.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seprest

Member

09-26-2012

Ashe Gangplank, TF, about 3% of the league population.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EyeHearShapes

Senior Member

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloysnenph View Post
Does twisted fate as a gypsy not count?

I mean seriously, more gold for everyone.
rofl


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EyeHearShapes

Senior Member

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seprest View Post
Ashe Gangplank, TF, about 3% of the league population.
Double rofl . but poor taste


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TortureBeckons

Senior Member

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrfsrChaos View Post
OP I find your use of the term "racist" a little strong. Seeing as how most of the characters within League of Legends are not even human there can be an argument made that they're not super concerned about race. However, I do understand that there are certain trends and themes within the Champions, and there is a considerable lack of diversity among the humanoid champions (such as a lack of Black, Southern & Central American themed champions, as well as representation from cultures in the middle east)

As a fellow person of color I have found myself wishing that there were a bit more champions that fit with myself as an African American, however to go so far as to call Riot racist for not making more elves or yordles black...that's a bit much.

I am truly sorry that your grandfather did not have a fun experience playing the game though.

@jloysnenph "gypsy" is a racial slur and what you said was offensive and uncalled for.
Gypsy means different things to different cultures,try again next time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ragnaraq

Senior Member

09-27-2012

It's not racist in any way at all. They just make champs look like what looks good for them. I can't believe you would call it racist. Most of them aren't even human.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PrfsrChaos

Senior Member

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TortureBeckons View Post
Gypsy means different things to different cultures,try again next time.
Just because the word (like a lot of words) has several meanings doesn't make it any less offensive. It's still a term that is used, is still a slur, and offends many people.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EyeHearShapes

Senior Member

09-27-2012

I was always under the impression that gypsy where nomadic slavs . Saying you got gypt would be rude but saying gypsy isnt bad .