Best Support Ever?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iixSILENT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2012

Is Lux not the best support ever? Yes I know support choice is totally situational etc etc etc...I play supports in probably 95% of my games, and when I play Lux, we end up completely trashing bottom. Is it because I usually land skill shots? Harass a ton with her E?

Not to mention she has some potential late game if you can rack up assists. I also find myself building Lux as more of a hybrid AP support as well. I usually end up going philo to shureylias, boot/dorans ring, then kage to DFG, and aegis to finish it off. You end up with decent shields, 2 CC, the ion cannon ult which is just silly, and DFG for burst.

Thoughts? Who do you think is the best support overall? Who do you prefer?

jloysnenph

09-26-2012

I honestly hate lux support.

I dunno, but it feels so wrong, and you can;t really build regular support if you want to stay relevant.

As you said, you often get some AP.

This leaves you squishy as hell, and many people can capitalize on that early game.

My favorite support would have to be blitzcrank. Most terror inducing support ever created.

Kedoren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2012

Leona, imo. I loooove me a good leona.

PrfsrChaos

09-26-2012

I LOVE Kayle as a support. She's got heal, a shield, a slow, a speed boost, range, and melts defenses...she can also deal some massive damage because of her passive.

I love her complexity and how many things she can do in a team fight. She's super versatile and just all out awesome.

Second Choice:

Blitzcrank - - that grab is feared by all - - he has a AOE silence on an extremely low cd, he can be a brawler, he can tank, he's got speed, he's got Karthus/Cait/Ez ult insurance with his shield - - He's a master with his pop up, grab and silence at picking out key targets for your team to disintegrate.

I had never played him before last week's free week, and I was amazed at just how easy and fun it was to play support and just all out dominate even when playing against another Blitz.

Those are my two.

I'm interested in Leona too...I've played against a lot of really good Leonas she may be the next support that I check out.

ragnaraq

09-27-2012

I support as blitzcrank. I leash kills by combo Q-E-R then let my carry get the tiny spec of hp they have left. I love pulling through walls into the whole team and they're like wtf.

Kreyni

09-27-2012

Blitzcrank can zone an even lane by just standing in a bush.

Aureline

09-27-2012

I love Lulu. <3

The shield is amazing for saving your carry from some damage, it gives them some auto-attack boost. The polymorph can either disable an enemy jungler coming in for a kill, or speed up/give more AP. Chaining the shield on carry with the Q to do a very long-range slow is just fantastic.

And the ult is just amazingly satisfying to pop on your team's bruiser when they're chasing the enemy carry.

Ahhh, and her attitude is just so great. Definitely my favorite support and one of my favorite champs to play.

frahigo

09-27-2012

acknowledge that Blitzcrank is very good I have little time at my heaviest I find it in normal work with classics by kayle but domion <3_ <3 I love is great
* I could leave her alive until 3 champions that think you are not

wzthegreat

09-27-2012

it is in a cycle, blitz are good against almost everyone except leona and alistar, taric is good against squishy supports/carries, but soraka and sona has tons of sustain meanwhile squishy, janna and lulu are just great in late game, meanwhile kayle's shield could be decisive in teamfights and lux's bind could initiate well. For zilean which no one has talked about yet, he has permanant speed buff/debuf and a revive. and karma... uhh... not sure about that one, but speed buff, heal and shield polly helps. afterall, the interesting support picks are volibear, galio, fiddlesticks, nidalee. Last but not least, a great ms+attackspeed buff from nunu is interesting.

Mynt

09-27-2012

She's pretty fantastic. But lately I've been preferring Kayle for the same reasons--with abilities alone, either Lux and Kayle can outfight any other opponent on the field whether they've been farming or not. Lux is just burst, whereas Kayle is sustained.

And yet I feel that having a heal counters enemy supports that don't have them.