Best lane partner for Draven?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BrownBurr

09-26-2012

My main champion is Draven, he's (in my opinion) the most fun AD carry currently available, and he snowballs very well.

But when I'm asked who I want as a support, I always end up telling them just to choose whomever they have the most fun with.
So assuming the other player is good with any particular support, which champion do you think would work best with Draven?

I've played with a Blitzcrank (he's on my friends list) and with this laning combo, we haven't lost a game yet. I can also imagine that Janna would be great for Draven, A. because she has a shield, B. her shield grants extra attack damage, perfect for his axes, and C. her whirlwind is a knockup for any retreating/chasing enemies that can be paired VERY well with Draven's Stand Aside. I've also played with a support Nunu once or twice, but not really enough to tell if it was THAT effective.

lastchancexi

09-26-2012

Taric would be great too, I'm sure. You probably really need to take advantage of your laning phase with Draven, so someone like Taric/Leona/Blitz which has a stun is probably the best.

Lord Puppy Fury

09-26-2012

He's an ADC with a strong early game so he goes well with any of the more aggressive supports (Leona, Taric, Blitz).

TeknoWizard

09-26-2012

Nunu works fairly well with him.

Enfillyon

09-26-2012

i enjoy the nunu/draven combo
never drop an axe ever lol

unless they CC you of course

BrownBurr

09-26-2012

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I was thinking Taric might work well with him. One stun, and they're low enough that one more SHOULD kill them. I hadn't actually considered Leona before, but now that you mention it, I oughta try it.

Devious Rogue

09-27-2012

There are 4 good supports in my eyes. All others are meh.

Blitz is the ultimate offense support. He grabs and knocks up someone, it's easy to kill them. I like having Blitz the best because he's such a threat.
Janna is the ultimate defense support. She knocks up people who chase you and after level 6, blows them away while healing. Of course, you don't win the game by playing Defense, but she's preferable over Blitz when you're facing teams with strong closers like Nocturne, Rengar, Jax and/or toxic AOE champs like Fiddlesticks/Kennen.
Ali is the Red Mage support. He can stun and knock people away or stun and knock them towards you. He can also heal, which makes him good at both offense AND defense.
Leona has less offensive/defensive power than Ali pre-6 but is still pretty strong. She's more for AOE teams which benefit greatly from her Ult.

Nunu is very situational. He's only really good against teams heavy in autoattacks or with teams that can help him land his R sucessfully, such as Galio and Diana. His R is also weak against strong CC teams.
Sona is like a softer version of Leona. Good for AOE teams, has a bit of heal for sustain and does well as an offcarry.
Taric is very meh. A heal, a single-target stun, a debuff, a buff. He's like a jack of all trades but a master of none.
I dislike Soraka. She gives an excellent laning phase, but does almost nothing late game. Her damage is puny and her utility is limited to a single silence. She has heals, but those become less and less relevant as people start to do more damage. Mild debuffs too, to be sure, but I'd much rather some strong CC since those are better at helping the team stay alive and get kills.
Kayle is kind of a support, but she's more so there to be an AD offcarry.

Xesante

09-27-2012

It kind of depends on who you're laning against, but most of the aggressive ones are great. Blitz/Taric/Leona are all good (Though I prefer them in that order), and Sona is really good too, but she's very squishy in lane (where Draven is useful). Something unorthodox to try; Ori support with Draven. It's pretty godly.

Jesot

09-27-2012

The most effectively I've seen Draven played is solo mid. He doesn't get harassed as easily and can decimate ap champs.

Bravest Leader

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

nunu or janna