How to win Dominion, in 2 words:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lycantrip

09-28-2012

[QUOTE=ricedream5;29688978]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycantrip View Post
"Adapt"

AD CHAMPS
Versus AD: Frozen Mallet, Sunfire cape, Atma's Impaler, Thornmail
Versus tanks with thornmail: Get two lifesteal items and Kitae's Bloodrazor (eg, Stark's Fervor, Executioner's calling, Kitae's Bloodrazor)

1. Please don't suggest Sunfire cape...it's really really awful for its cost. This is an item that is LESS cost effective than its basic stats when most recipes are far MORE efficient than their basic stats...you overpay a ton for the passive when you probably have no mpen.
2. Kitae's Bloodrazor is also horrible. Try Wit's end instead of Kitae (if you REALLY have to attack the Thornmail people), which is more efficient for the magic damage AND has solid MR to resist the Thornmail as well as all other magic damage. LW is what helps most against Thornmail though, imo.
[\QUOTE]
I'll accept your first argument. It may be too expensive for the stats alone, but it DOES have a unique passive that is synergetic with champions like Hecarim who gains life from it, or Jarvan who forces champions into close range. Perhaps you're more of a Randuin's Omen guy, that's fine.

As per your second argument, I won't deny the usefulness of Wit's End, which is why i suggested it for other situations. Double lifesteal is really the point here, Kitae's or any other on-hit would probably suffice. Just something to avoid PD IE or Sanguine which will only get you killed faster. Use your best judgement is all I'm asking. Don't go into games blindly with 1 strategy in mind. This whole post is actually a rage thread from losing to inflexible teammates.

Risemix

09-28-2012

Situational building is key to Dominion. You want to try to spend gold whenever you have it. Champions that need like a BF Sword or something can be the exception but you usually want to have stuff in your inventory, and not a bunch of gold sitting there.

Like, I'm learning Kha'zix and last game I ended up with a ****ing Hextech Gunblade because when i went back, I had a Vamp scepter and 5 items in my inventory but not enough gold for senguine. I ended up buying the cutlass because I really need a good lifesteal/AD item, then having enough at the end of the game (which I did not expect) to buy the gunblade.

Both items work all right on Kha'zix (though Senguine would have been a better choice). But the point was that I was using my gold on things that help. That was a close game; had I waited for the Senguine I'm not sure we would have won.

That's a pretty weird scenario and doesn't happen often, but you need to be flexible and not be afraid to buy items because they aren't in your favorite streamer's guide (so long as you aren't buying completely ridiculous items, you still want to make smart choices).

More importantly, you need to make the correct defensive choices. Defensive items are cheap, you can pretty much always pick up part of a QSS, Frozen Heart, Warden's Mail, etc.

Unstable Fury

09-28-2012

[QUOTE=ricedream5;29688978]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycantrip View Post
"Adapt"

AD CHAMPS
Versus AD: Frozen Mallet, Sunfire cape, Atma's Impaler, Thornmail
Versus tanks with thornmail: Get two lifesteal items and Kitae's Bloodrazor (eg, Stark's Fervor, Executioner's calling, Kitae's Bloodrazor)

1. Please don't suggest Sunfire cape...it's really really awful for its cost. This is an item that is LESS cost effective than its basic stats when most recipes are far MORE efficient than their basic stats...you overpay a ton for the passive when you probably have no mpen.
2. Kitae's Bloodrazor is also horrible. Try Wit's end instead of Kitae (if you REALLY have to attack the Thornmail people), which is more efficient for the magic damage AND has solid MR to resist the Thornmail as well as all other magic damage. LW is what helps most against Thornmail though, imo.
[\QUOTE]
Disagree.

1. A lot of people hate Sunfire Cape. It's not for every champ but too many people get hung up on the passive. Its still armor, Its still health, and that passive is more useful than most people think (if a teamfight lasts 10 seconds its 400 magic damage against everyone in a range and it's not like you're just standing around anyway). Synergizes really well on some champs (ex: Sejuani's W does magic damage and scales off of Health).

2. I don't understand your argument against Kitae's. It's to counter big health, not melt Thornmail...

Dimwitt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2012

so no one has figured out how to run jax against yorick.

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Versus Yorrick: armor helps . and im not sure , need to test this i gues , but tornmail might actualy damage the ghosts killing them faster

also on a side note the 400 damage from sunfire in a 10 second fight is actually around 250if you takie into account the mr people get from simply lvling up and runes less even if thay actualy gear for some mr

Pure Intentions

10-01-2012

Cannot agree more. I want to face palm every time someone says, "Hey guys just hold three and we in" that's not how it works. You need to quickly adapt to not only player compositions, items, but also positions on the map.

Lycantrip

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Intentions View Post
Cannot agree more. I want to face palm every time someone says, "Hey guys just hold three and we in" that's not how it works. You need to quickly adapt to not only player compositions, items, but also positions on the map.
Also a good point. Sadly, not everyone is "in the know" on how to instantaneously recognize when to backdoor, when to hold off and wait for teammates to respawn, when to push/assault enemy points, etc. I can only hope that with more experience people will get it.

IamBonez

10-02-2012

Enemy Team Camping Top: Go for mid or bot.
If you have 3 points: Defend and try to capture bot or mid.

There is always something to be done in Dominion. Your team sitting on top turret will not win you the game and often causes a loss due to the other team taking your mid or bot, and then taking top after you go to retake your bot or mid.