Mondo Mundo help. (And other questions!)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Wild Golbat

09-26-2012

So. I started playing in October of last year for about 2 weeks, got bored cause all my friends stopped playing, and picked it up again about two weeks ago. Now, I only used to play Ryze, because I literally couldn't play any other champions, and while I love my blue buddy, I decided to try out a big purple dope by the name of Dr. Mundo, and I fell in love with the Hulk Wanna-be. But I've having some problems building him ingame. I usually go boots+3 pots, then depending on who I'm laning against either Merc boots or start building into my Warmog. After that I start Sunfire, Warmog#2 or FoN, Then Frozen Mallet. I usually don't get much farther than that, but if I do, it's all Warmogs.

So my endgame usually looks like this. Merc, Warmog, Sunfire, FoN, Mallet, Warmog. I like my Mundo spongy.

My first question is if Sunfire Cape is worth it, the health and extra damage is great, but I looked over Atmas Impailer, and could it be a better option over the Cape give it scales off my health? A sidenote to this question would be is Randuin's Omen is any better than any of the above items, or is also situational.

My second question is if Mundo is actually any good in ranked given you can see who the enemy picks. As soon as they see me pick Mundo, I imagine all 5 of them going Ignite and building Morello and Executioner. Which is scary. Is he even worth it, situational, or should I maybe stick to Ryze. Keep in mind I'm only lvl17, and still have a ways to go.

Third question would be any champion recommendations. I am really only good with these two. Which is kinda sad, but I feel like I keep using them because I've developed a personal attachment to them. . _.

Forth question is where on earth I can find some decent people to group with that are friendly, willing to grow as a team, communicate, and generally give me a better chance at winning over the people I'm usually matched with. I'm not putting all the blame on the teams, I won't, because I make stupid mistakes too, but after a 25 game losing streak in Normal with PUGs who berate people just starting the game, feed, not even speak English, or generally be just... Rude ( Looking at you Darius and Blitz players.) I'm getting pretty jaded with it, and I'm hoping the majority of the community isn't like this. It's starting to feel like COD.

A Wild Golbat

09-26-2012

Also! I'm terribly sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

Sleekman

09-26-2012

Mundo is more of a jungler than a laner, I can't say I have seen him laned recently in pro play.

That being said, the sunfire cape is not that great while laning, you can't turn it off which means you are always pushing lanes trying to last hit.

Good players will counter your Ult, stay away from them when you regen (that means you can't really use it in a fight) but you can use it as you run away (movespeed buff) and then come back at them when higher health.

A Wild Golbat

09-26-2012

I aim to jungle him once I have the necessary Runes/Masteries. Probably 20. is there a pro player who even utilizes Mundo? I watch Alex Ich of M5 alot to better my Ryze playing, watching a good Mundo would help, if you know of one.