Sanguine Blade vs Bloodthirster

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maleric

09-26-2012

Why would you choose Sanguine Blade over Bloodthirster?

Sanguine Blade:

+60 attack damage
+15% life steal
Passive: Your basic attacks grant +5 attack damage and +1% life steal for 4 seconds (maximum 7 stacks).

Max stats are 95 AD and 22% Life Steal and have to build up every time.

Bloodthirster:

+60 attack damage
+12% life steal
Passive: Gain +1 attack damage and +0.2% life steal per kill (maximum +40 attack damage and +8% life steal). Half of the bonuses are lost upon death.

Max stats are 100 AD and 20% Lifesteal that only has to be built up once (assuming no deaths)

Bloodthirster has 2 more AD and 2% less Lifesteal however, it's at full power right off the bat in a fight more often than not. You'd have it's complete benefit on the first attack, not the 7th.

Valrcrist

09-26-2012

Sanguine Blade and Bloodthirster are in two separate game modes. Bloodthirster is only available in SR and (I think) TT. Sanguine Blade is only available in ARAM and Dominion.

TheOneMillion

09-26-2012

Because you dont have a choice..?

t3hep1cf47m4n

09-26-2012

somebody is clearly new to the league.

Maleric

09-26-2012

I'm not new, though I'm not 30, but I've not played Dominion and not cared to look for sanguine since I think bloodthirster is better. Obviously I wouldn't know it was dominion only since I've not cared much about either dominion nor sanguine. The only reason I asked was I was looking over champion stats and saw people got it, so I posed the question.

madf0x

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleric View Post
I'm not new, though I'm not 30, but I've not played Dominion and not cared to look for sanguine since I think bloodthirster is better. Obviously I wouldn't know it was dominion only since I've not cared much about either dominion nor sanguine. The only reason I asked was I was looking over champion stats and saw people got it, so I posed the question.
.....aaaannnddd thats why people say you must be new to the league, and theyd be right.

ROTTONSNATCH

09-26-2012

clearly