Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

(PanickingAttack's 3rd concept) Braxen Malgraine the Undying Crusader

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PanickingAttack

10-21-2012

Quote:
iNoxith:
i dont like how he is an undead but also a "paladin" of sort. Those two themes are complete opposites, it is like making necromancer into a cleric. I have been waiting for ages for Riot to make a paladin themed champion that is DPS and has the body build of Jarvan or yi and in full armor with sword.

The idea is : " Risen or not, my soul will not serve evil."
I like this idea instead of a typical human paladin guy. It keeps a more artistic theme

iNoxith

10-22-2012

I agree that it is an unique idea, but paladins are known for persecuting "unholy" beings like undead, so it is like an oxymoron. It would be better if maybe the champion was reborn or a divine spirit of sorts. But this is just my opinion.

Furthermore, the interview where Garen said "Jarvan sent 3 of my men to test him, it wasnt a good idea" or something like that, I am assuming that your champion killed those three men emotionlessly (this is what i get from it). Sort of contradicts his zealous nature for justice as stated by your quote " Risen or not, my soul will not serve evil."

PanickingAttack

10-22-2012

Quote:
iNoxith:
I agree that it is an unique idea, but paladins are known for persecuting "unholy" beings like undead, so it is like an oxymoron. It would be better if maybe the champion was reborn or a divine spirit of sorts. But this is just my opinion.

Furthermore, the interview where Garen said "Jarvan sent 3 of my men to test him, it wasnt a good idea" or something like that, I am assuming that your champion killed those three men emotionlessly (this is what i get from it). Sort of contradicts his zealous nature for justice as stated by your quote " Risen or not, my soul will not serve evil."

Well in the lore he only beat them the **** outa them with his fist (Garen was being a bit humorous during his interview). He wouldn't had killed them. Plus, it was Jarvan's judgement to test his strength. Not Braxen's. Braxen is a friend of the light shield family so he respects them. It is all to convince so he can actually explain everything. I'll probably rewrite that to make it sound a little less zelous but the general idea was that Jarvan tested him. And Braxen simply passed both (both as in he defeated them AND chooses not to mortally damage or murder)

PanickingAttack

10-23-2012

Bump (And Odium is open to reviewing)

Osprii

10-23-2012

Hey!
I'm the guy that made that ninja support, here to give you your first long review.

Alright, first off I really like the idea of a tanky disruptor with AoE comparable to Nautilus or Amumu THAT STACKS OFF OF AD!

Illuminating Wrath: This is an interesting idea. The base damage and stacking seems reasonable enough. It rewards him for initiating and being focused, which is the goal of all tanks.

Q: This also seems pretty well developed. My one concern is that the slow starts out very low. Perhaps it would be better just to put the slow at 30% and leave it there at all levels, because a 15% slow is hardly noticeable. After all, the base damage on Purging Strike, and Grey Judgement, when combined, jump up by a whopping 90 points per level (This is ok because it stacks of off bonus AD, not straight up AD). Its a bit much to also increase the slow's ratio per level.

W: This sounds like a powerful initiation move. However, I don't think that the Retribution buff has as good synergy with the rest of his abilities as it could. It buffs only his basic attacks. However, after Braxen dashes in to a teamfight, what is the first thing he will do? Use his abilities. By then, the Retribution buff will be half worn out. You will only have like, 2 seconds left on it. And I don't think this guy will be stacking attack speed, so 2 seconds is hardly anything for his basic attacks. Perhaps, instead of a time limit of 4 seconds, you could give the buff until Braxen completes 5 basic attacks, or something like that. This is somewhat similar to Xin Zhao or Jayce's abilities that grant them special buffs on their next three basic attacks.

Uh oh.
Sorry, I have to get ready to get to my next class now, but I'll finish this ASAP.

Ok, I'm back.

E: I'm concerned about the fact that the cooldown for this ability is cut in half if it hits anyone in his ultimate. At full levels, the cooldown is normally 8, and the ultimate lasts 8 seconds. So, you can pop your ult, then use this ability 3 times within that 8 seconds, dealing 260 +.85 bonus AD each time. Combined with the massive damage from the ultimate, that's a lot. Its almost like adding more damage to his ultimate, which already deals a lot. Pretty much, I'm just thinking that the numbers might be OP for a champion that will probably build tanky. Even if he only gets bonus AD from a Frozen Mallet, this could be too much.

R: Did you intend for the diameter of the circle to be only 700 units? That's pretty small. The diameter of Amumu's ultimate is about 1200, as a point of reference, and it isn't even damage over time. I'm thinking, with such a small size, it would be difficult for this ultimate to deal much damage, because it would be super easy for enemies to run out of it. The sprouts would be the only source of damage, actually.
Other than that, I see no problem with this.

PanickingAttack

10-23-2012

Quote:
Osprii:
Hey!
I'm the guy that made that ninja support, here to give you your first long review.

Alright, first off I really like the idea of a tanky disruptor with AoE comparable to Nautilus or Amumu THAT STACKS OFF OF AD!

Illuminating Wrath: This is an interesting idea. The base damage and stacking seems reasonable enough. It rewards him for initiating and being focused, which is the goal of all tanks.

Q: This also seems pretty well developed. My one concern is that the slow starts out very low. Perhaps it would be better just to put the slow at 30% and leave it there at all levels, because a 15% slow is hardly noticeable. After all, the base damage on Purging Strike, and Grey Judgement, when combined, jump up by a whopping 90 points per level (This is ok because it stacks of off bonus AD, not straight up AD). Its a bit much to also increase the slow's ratio per level.

W: This sounds like a powerful initiation move. However, I don't think that the Retribution buff has as good synergy with the rest of his abilities as it could. It buffs only his basic attacks. However, after Braxen dashes in to a teamfight, what is the first thing he will do? Use his abilities. By then, the Retribution buff will be half worn out. You will only have like, 2 seconds left on it. And I don't think this guy will be stacking attack speed, so 2 seconds is hardly anything for his basic attacks. Perhaps, instead of a time limit of 4 seconds, you could give the buff until Braxen completes 5 basic attacks, or something like that. This is somewhat similar to Xin Zhao or Jayce's abilities that grant them special buffs on their next three basic attacks.

Uh oh.
Sorry, I have to get ready to get to my next class now, but I'll finish this ASAP.

Q - I will probably only increase the slow a bit because of the knock up after words.

Well for W the auto attack goes first so you can just stick in their a bit more before you explode all spells. You wont be focused too early because braxen's passive and his tankinest

TheHat27

10-24-2012

I like it a lot, but I think the sprouts are just kinda odd, they don't seem to fit in his kit or character design or even the story well. And you didn't say what they look like. Not only that but they seem a lot like Maokai's, and his Q marks seem like Darius's Hemorrhage.

I think my favorite thing about him is his passive, I really like the idea of a tank that people wont even want to try to focus even with armor pen.

Please review mine as well:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2715649

PanickingAttack

10-24-2012

Quote:
TheHat27:
I like it a lot, but I think the sprouts are just kinda odd, they don't seem to fit in his kit or character design or even the story well. And you didn't say what they look like. Not only that but they seem a lot like Maokai's, and his Q marks seem like Darius's Hemorrhage.

I think my favorite thing about him is his passive, I really like the idea of a tank that people wont even want to try to focus even with armor pen.

Please review mine as well:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2715649

The sprouts are really game play wise. The sprouts are there for 2 reasons. one, it requires enemies to position well. two, the ult wont get effed up to hard if a grag@SS ults. I might add another possible effect.

PanickingAttack

11-18-2012

bump

PanickingAttack

12-07-2012

bump