How to jungle Riven

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luxiere

09-26-2012

Hello- I've jungled with Riven about 4 times and I have some questions which would be nice if they were answered.

1. What is the best jungle route for Riven?

2. What does she need to build?

3. How's her clear time?

4. Should she give the first blue to mid lane?

5. Are there champions she should avoid ganking?

At the moment, these are questions in my mind. Any answers would be helpful.

Shadowfang

09-26-2012

here is her best jungle route

top lane

t3hep1cf47m4n

09-26-2012

1) red --> top lane

2) normal bruiser build ( lantern, wits end etc)

3) pretty fast, its like 15 secs on red, top lane depends on how well your jungler is.

4) depends if your jungle is a mana user or not.

5) everyone, since you wont be able to reach anyone.

Cardboardowl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

Ignore that guy above me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxiere View Post
Hello- I've jungled with Riven about 4 times and I have some questions which would be nice if they were answered.

3. How's her clear time?

At the moment, these are questions in my mind. Any answers would be helpful.
1: red, gank, golems wraithes gank, wolves blues, gank shop

2: brutalizer bloodthirster GA

3: id giver her 9 out of 10 on clear time

4: not always

5: no

kenoin

09-27-2012

Best way to go would be starting at red, Then going and trying to gank top... if you can depends on your mid but you can try gifting blue very early; it might help your mid to force a kill, being able to roam.
She needs to build, Wriggles, Matters on boots heavy CC means merc and if they bot is getting fed [their adc i'd go with ninja tabi] Cardboard knows what 's talking about if you have any questions on build ask him.
3. How's her clear time?
Her clear time is okay i'm pretty sure it's roughly around the 3:40-4:20 depending on what you go if you just clear the jungle only.
It matters, if they invade and take your red then you'll have to take it, if they do not you can but if you take it you can gain a level from it. Which makes you the same level as mid/top.
Well, it really does matter who goes top for the most part riven is very strong... she can set up a gank pretty well and execute most of them pretty perfectly due to 1s stun and the knock back. Also your top should be harassing the other top, unless they are being zoned then at that point you'll have to CAMP top lane... to help out. Also try buying a ward if one of your lanes is dying place in near there if they have an issue with the enemy jungle this will help out alot.

Essieu

09-30-2012

1. Start Q, take W at lvl 2 and gank top. Because of how dependent on getting kills riven jungle is, you NEED to gank top. Its the easiest to gank and wont be warded at lvl 1. Also, you do not need to start red. This is because she has a knockup and a stun and big damage at lvl 1. If you NEED a red to kill on this, then theres a problem.

2. Do not build a wriggles. She scales off of straight AD and has retarded strong numbers so you somewhat wasting money on the utility wriggles gives. ALSO she is so gank reliant that you dont need the wriggles for buff/dragon control. Build 2 Dorans into Brutalizer and Phage is fine. HoG if you fall behind. Frozen Mallet, BT, Randuins, GA, Last Whisper. All good.(I will say though, I like a tankier riven so experiment for yourself on this one.)

3.Not blazing fast, but using her abilities in between camps, on the way to gank and stuff. Can make up for a little lost time in the jungle. And once again, her heavy reliance on ganking, and great CC and mobility make her clear time not such a big deal.

4. You can, I normally dont, they shouldnt need it that early. And in most games them getting blue that early wont give them that big of a power surge whereas it improves your clear time and mobility, as well as giving you levels

5. Theres no champion you should ever AVOID ganking with any jungler for that matter. Theres no reason a 2v1 or 3v2 should be a problem for anyone. Just go about it a different way if its scary, or your lane is low.

TeknoWizard

09-30-2012

Can someone quantify to me why Riven should be played as a jungler? Not dissing it, I just simply see no point to choosing her over someone else. Her gap-closers are nice, but there are better ones. Her damage is good, I'll give you that. But so are other junglers. And her CC seems "Meh" at best. So why her?

Sorry about hijacking the thread. :/

Cardboardowl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2012

shes better at top but a fine jungle.

maybe shes the only jungler you have, or you are just good at riven.

Essieu

10-01-2012

Well I compare riven to LeeSin a LOT.

not as much utility or mobility but really good damage and really snowbally.

She's stronger in top because its a more certain gold income. (Which is why I specify the tankier build for jungle that helps with income, and is overall cheaper for decent items.)

But basically, she has a RETARDED strong level 2 gank. And if nobody wards her ganks continue to be super strong. She can start anywhere and benefits from either one pretty heavily. She can duel just about any jungler at most levels. Which nearly makes up for her horrible buff control.