Would solo top Taric be viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LosManosDeDios

09-27-2012

Awhile back I had jungled with taric. It was awesome. I had AS runes to increase heal CD, leveled W often had lev 1 stun for ganks at level 3. It was a riot. Naturally you can build into whatever you want after a quick bloodrazor. I tended to jump into trinity, but I had also gone tanky taking phage into frozen mallet instead.

It was a ton of fun and I won more games than I lost. However, I wish anyone the best of luck trying this out with a team that won't rag on you.

Epictues

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hep1cf47m4n View Post
top lane isn't the carry, top lane is generally a tanky AD(EG: darius, nasus, yorick) / AP( EG: vlad, diana), which Taric can defintely fulfill pretty adequately in either role.

bot is the AD carry and mid is the AP carry.

maybe watch any of the world championship games and you will see the top lane champions often being the most powerful champions in the game and indeed carrying their team to victory.

From Jax stomping on people, Vlad melting faces in team fights, Nasus getting farmed up hard core. ect ect.

Now again explain how Taric is going to melt the other teams faces? Hes not a super tank or a face melter.. He brings solid support in his stun and aoe buffs and debuffs.

Your team will probably still want a facemelter or mega tank though; which is why I said that it probably would be best not to do this, unless your bottom lane is a kill lane and your team could use a support.

t3hep1cf47m4n

09-27-2012

lol

your ignorance, i can physically feel my IQ drop as i read.

people like you are why the internet is the cesspool that it is.

powwder

09-27-2012

The problem with taric top is late game. Early game he should do fine, maybe win the lane but what happens late game. Almost any other top will be more useful late game when teamfights start.

PoliceofFashion

09-28-2012

I've seen a top taric before, I thought it was funny. I was like pros don't play him that way, I'm going to facerolll and get fed. Turns out it was the other way around. I was caught off guard, the amount of def he had, the debuff, the stun. I've even tried it myself years later it's fun and if you can find a good build i dont see why it can't be viable.

P.S
Blitz top!
Corki Top!

All fun and unexpected too