Asking For opinions of the people.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slëëpy Ðrågön

02-08-2013

Which champions are the most op for Jungling, ADC, Support, Mid, and solo top? Just give me your personal list of 5. Also, the champions chosen cannot be the following: (Blitzcrank, Shen, Malphite, Amumu, Kassadin, and Shaco)

Crazy Crann

02-08-2013

My personal best support right now is Taric. He has the right balance of tankiness, a good stun and a strong heal that allows him to operate well in the late game while also setting up an effective lock-down or even kill lane early.

For mid, I'd say the tables are pretty balanced right now, but I would put Talon, LeBlanc and Veigar near to the top of the heap.

Jungling is tricky because there are a lot of viable options. Far and away the most deadly jungles I've seen and/or ran myself have been Vi or Xin Zhao.

Garen is brutal as top right now. Rumble is also very strong.

I don't play ADC enough to know if any particular champion is OP, but I do know Ez is ridiculously slippery and hard to lock down.

Míley Dyrus

02-08-2013

If there's one thing I've learned, it's to never trust the forums.
http://www.lolking.net/charts?region...&range=monthly
Those are the highest winrate champions. Feel free to look at the lowest and notice LeBlanc and Veigar actually have some of the lowest winrate in the game.

Etherimp

02-08-2013

Depends on whether you're asking about Solo-queue Draft/Ranked, or Normals. The list is completely different for each.

A couple of really good champions though..

Kayle - She can play any position.. literally, any.. She counters a lot of champions, she has sustain, she has an amazing late game and a solid early game. Her Ulti is great for team fights and she snowballs hard.

Cho'Gath - Again, he can play just about any position except AD carry.. While he's most commonly known for playing Top Lane, he's also a tier 1 Jungler and a very solid mid pick. I've even seen him played Support to decent effect. He has natural health which synergizes well with the current Health-Stacking Meta, which means he's naturally tanky and opens up a wide variety of build paths for him and lends to his overall versatility. Like Kayle, he does decently early/mid game and has a great team fight presence, so he can literally carry at any point of the game.

Galio - Best played mid as a counter pick to almost any AP champion, if you build him correctly and dependent upon which position you are playing, he can be an effective top lane, mid lane, and support. His ultimate is a game changer and all of his other abilities help to support his team. Built tanky AP/MR he can dominate mid lane or against a top lane AP bruiser (vlad, rumble, swain, etc).

Taric - The next best thing to Blitzcrank. While he doesn't have the kind of CC domination that Blitz has, he trades that for a lot of sustain and defense as well as the constant threat of a stun. He synergizes well with almost any AD Carry at bot lane, including Caitlyn, Graves, Ezreal, Corki, Tristana, etc. Probably one of the best supports in the game right now.

Vi - Vi is currently broken.. Enough said. While a little squishy in the early game, she is an effective jungler and a good top lane champ. I could even see her playing mid effectively against some champs. Might as well pick her up and exploit her OPness now before Riot nerfs her. She really is just very strong.

Lee Sin - Despite recent nerfs he's still one of the best junglers in the game, hands down.. He's also extremely versatile. I've seen him Top, Mid, and even Support, and all of them are pretty effective assuming he's not counter-picked.. Overall just a very solid pick.

Kha'zik - Like Vi, he's just silly right now.. very strong pick and can play Jungle/Top/Mid all fairly well.

For AD Carries.. Caitlyn, Graves, Ezreal, Corki, and Vayne are all very strong in their own right. Caitlyn goes best with a sustain+CC champ like Taric, or alternatively a very poke oriented sustain champ like Sona. You can zone a lane incredibly hard with her. Ezreal and Corki can mesh well with any Support, really.. Vayne is good with someone who brings CC/Damage, like Blitz, Taric, Leona, and Alistar. Graves is also great with CC oriented supports. If you want to counter-pick a Caitlyn/Taric lane, go with Sivir + Soraka. Extremely strong comp.

Really, bot lane isn't so much about "strong champs" as it is about Strong duo-comps.. but if you are solo-queuing bot lane you're probably safest playing Ezreal, Graves, or Corki.

Z The Slayer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2013

Although the Lolking link does kind of help, the highest Win/Lose ratio is at 56.4% with Rumble, which doesn't really shout "OP". Lowest is Karma at 38%, but we already knew that :P. She's played so little, I can't even hover over the box to see the percentage of players that play her.

Crazy Crann

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTangerine View Post
If there's one thing I've learned, it's to never trust the forums.
http://www.lolking.net/charts?region...&range=monthly
Those are the highest winrate champions. Feel free to look at the lowest and notice LeBlanc and Veigar actually have some of the lowest winrate in the game.
Tangerine, win rates really don't mean a whole lot. Of course Veigar and LeBlanc have low winrates -- they are high skill cap champions.

LeBlanc requires an understanding of when to go in, precisely how much damage her burst combo can do, and precisely who to fire it off on. It also requires the skill to land the skillshot leash, because if you miss that, you lose your ability to lock down the enemy.

Veigar requires landing a skillshot stun and then chaining in an AoE spell before the stun wears off, and still managing to get the rest of his burst combo off, while also understanding the importance of farming Q for the bulk of the game so that you can optimize your late game play.

In either case, these are not champions that are going to see a high degree of success in pre-30 or even low ELO/tier play. But when you watch good players playing, you can see there is a clear gap between certain champions, and you can see the full potential of a LeBlanc or Veigar.

That said, as per all, "give me a list of the most powerful champions" threads, this is a highly subjective discussion. Someone else could just as easily name Karma, based on their own empirical evidence. It'd be a stretch, but hey, maybe they have seen some very good Karmas.

Etherimp

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Crann View Post
Tangerine, win rates really don't mean a whole lot. Of course Veigar and LeBlanc have low winrates -- they are high skill cap champions.

LeBlanc requires an understanding of when to go in, precisely how much damage her burst combo can do, and precisely who to fire it off on. It also requires the skill to land the skillshot leash, because if you miss that, you lose your ability to lock down the enemy.

Veigar requires landing a skillshot stun and then chaining in an AoE spell before the stun wears off, and still managing to get the rest of his burst combo off, while also understanding the importance of farming Q for the bulk of the game so that you can optimize your late game play.

In either case, these are not champions that are going to see a high degree of success in pre-30 or even low ELO/tier play. But when you watch good players playing, you can see there is a clear gap between certain champions, and you can see the full potential of a LeBlanc or Veigar.

That said, as per all, "give me a list of the most powerful champions" threads, this is a highly subjective discussion. Someone else could just as easily name Karma, based on their own empirical evidence. It'd be a stretch, but hey, maybe they have seen some very good Karmas.
You named LeBlanc and Veiger because YOU like them, but they aren't really that great overall. They are niche' picks.

doomed2death

02-09-2013

Win rates say a lot. Win rates tell you how successful a champion is in actual play... Admittedly, it'd be best with champions played by pros, but they still say a lot. It's like ELO. What's the chance that the champion wins a game? Especially since Veig hasn't really been seen in free week for a long long time (not since I started playing last August; I haven't seen him). So that means most people playing him have bought him and play him at least somewhat frequently.