Split. Push. Win.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xSeven

09-26-2012

I was just in a game where were 10-20 down and the opposite team had lots of aoe champs.
I was jungle trynd and tried to play the split push game and my team won't cooperate. They kept telling me I'm missing at team fights blah blah and won't understand that I took down 5 turrets in the meantime to give the entire team truckloads of gold.
We lost nonetheless.

But I don't know why people don't get the split push strategy. I guess that's one of the reasons it actually works.

MoreMedz

09-26-2012

Without seeing the match, I think it is rather hard to say what actually happened, specifically, whether your absence from the team fights had any substantial effect on the result.

As for split push, it does work, provided that there is sufficient coordination in the team to allow that. Some champions are also better at it than others, due to their kits. Shen gets a mention as a good example.

Friesguy

09-26-2012

If you're going to try a split pushing strategy, bring Teleport. Putting your team at a constant 4 v 5 disadvantage isn't helping your team win. Sure you gave your team lots of gold off the turrets, but I'm sure the enemy carries got super fed off 4 v 5 team fights.

Split pushing is often used by coordinated premade teams who synergize well with each other. Or you could just bring Promote if you want lanes to be pushed but still be present for team fights. However, people will dodge if you bring it XD

Aureline

09-26-2012

^ This.

Split-pushing is legit. Kinda scary, too, when it sneaks up on you. Did you communicate that you would be split-pushing? Rather than just going off and doing it.

t0ad5

09-26-2012

Split pushing doesnt work if your team isn't smart enough to stay out of 4vs5 fights, which is clearly hard for people to comprehend.

mistmann

09-26-2012

was about to lose a ranked game..... but blam tf bd win!

JRiMi

09-26-2012

I've been seeing a **** ton of split push company lately. Its not bad But when the other team wins a fight they can steamroll am entire lane of turrets so idk. U have to have a strong 4v5

mistmann

09-26-2012

my right arm is a lot stronger then my left arm