Who Would You Put Your Money On?

Darius, the Hand of Noxus 20 18.69%
Vayne, the Night Hunter 87 81.31%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Darius vs Vayne

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sir Sparda

09-26-2012

There are 2 AD Champions who deal a significant amount of True Damage in this game if built the right way. Meaning the only way to successfully survive their onslaught if caught off guard is too have a large health pool assisted by armor. Of course those 2 monsters are Darius and Vayne.

Unfortunately, I've never seen a Darius vs Vayne matchup :'( and I always wonder who would win between the 2 if they fought one another. I find this to be the most uniquely balanced matchup in League of Legends.

If I had to put money on it, every penny I have would go to Vayne's victory. With good timing, she can avoid all of Darius' strikes with tumble as well as push him back with condemn. Never allowing him any real damage even if he connects with a Noxian Guillotine.

EDIT - I also have doubts about Vayne winning against a Darius for statistical reasons that I believe need to be taken into consideration.

Darius: 2100 health, 875 mana, 315 speed, 83 armor. 52.5 magic resist, 25.35 health regen per 5 seconds, 12.3 mana regen per 5 seconds, 125 AA range, 113 ad per attack

Vayne: 1853 health, 659 mana, 305 speed, 70.5 armor, 30 magic resist, 14.4 health regen per 5 seconds, 13.5 mana regen per 5 second, 550 AA range, 108.5 ad per attack

This puts Darius at an advantage in every category against Vayne except range. On the contrary, all of Vayne's ABILITIES don't exceed her AA range and Darius' Apprehend has a range of about 540/550.

I believe that becomes of these advantages Darius only has to APPREHEND Vayne ONCE TO GET THE KILL

After the APPREHEND Vayne will try to tumble/condemn or condemn/tumble to escape. Though this might give her a little space, Darius has most likely used CRIPPLING STRIKE already, slowing her significantly (she's already at a speed disadvantage) allowing Darius catch up, use DECIMATE and APPREHEND again, though I believe that's overkill because a NOXIAN GUILLOTINE would finish her off without it.

So I wouldn't put it past Darius to get a victory. A good Vayne can bait the APPREHEND and punish him as well as a good Darius can bait the TUMBLE and punish her.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2012

They play in different lanes. The only time you'd ever see this matchup in a lane would be at very low ELO, which means that the winner doesn't really reflect the champion's abilities.

Sir Sparda

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereg Anfaug View Post
They play in different lanes. The only time you'd ever see this matchup in a lane would be at very low ELO, which means that the winner doesn't really reflect the champion's abilities.
I'm not talking game related scenarios.
No minions, no teammates, no turrets. Just Darius, Vayne and an "only one of us can leave here alive" mentality. Who would you put your money on?

TheOneMillion

09-26-2012

Vayne more than likely. Fed vayne shreds everything. And stacking health doesnt help against vaynes true damage -_-

Shadowfang

09-26-2012

vayne, anyone who votes darius has no idea what they are doing as vayne can kite darius all day so he cant get his combo off

TeknoWizard

09-26-2012

Early, Darius by a mile. There isn't even a contest.

Late, assuming equal player skill, the Vayne theoretically should win. Then again, Darius is a rather strong anti-carry, so a well played Darius should have a solid chance.

Enfillyon

09-26-2012

for those saying a vayne vs darius lane would never happen you are mistaken

ranged characters at top arent unheard of and as long as you know how to abuse the range in that matchup you should come out on top

ive seen a fair number of vayne players going top because they were either unable to go bot, or they didnt know what to play top and went with their most comfortable champ

Sir Sparda

09-27-2012

I also have doubts about Vayne winning against a Darius for statistical reasons that I believe need to be taken into consideration.

Darius: 2100 health, 875 mana, 315 speed, 83 armor. 52.5 magic resist, 25.35 health regen per 5 seconds, 12.3 mana regen per 5 seconds, 125 AA range, 113 ad per attack

Vayne: 1853 health, 659 mana, 305 speed, 70.5 armor, 30 magic resist, 14.4 health regen per 5 seconds, 13.5 mana regen per 5 second, 550 AA range, 108.5 ad per attack

This puts Darius at an advantage in every category against Vayne except range. On the contrary, all of Vayne's ABILITIES don't exceed her AA range and Darius' Apprehend has a range of about 540/550.

I believe that becomes of these advantages Darius only has to APPREHEND Vayne ONCE TO GET THE KILL

After the APPREHEND Vayne will try to tumble/condemn or condemn/tumble to escape. Though this might give her a little space, Darius has most likely used CRIPPLING STRIKE already, slowing her significantly (she's already at a speed disadvantage) allowing Darius catch up, use DECIMATE and APPREHEND again, though I believe that's overkill because a NOXIAN GUILLOTINE would finish her off without it.

So I wouldn't put it past Darius to get a victory. A good Vayne can bait the APPREHEND and punish him as well as a good Darius can bait the TUMBLE and punish her.

Lord Ryushishin

09-27-2012

You are comparing apples to oranges. A Bruiser to ADC.

Owl Be Back

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

vayne. darius wouldnt reach her.