Last hitting tips please

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Freakyweakywoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2012

I looked up a few videos, but they pretty much say last hitting is important, you should do that, hey look at this video of me being awesome at it / terrible at it!!

Are there any tips, especially pre 30 where the other person is just going to auto attack the minions constantly and push me back into my tower.

I'm practising it in custom 1v0 game, but anything other than doing it a lot?

Thanks

Lord Puppy Fury

09-26-2012

1. Practice.

2. Practice some more.

3. Then keep practicing.

4. Pay attention to your minions vs their minions. If they're continuously AAing, you'll need to do more damage to keep your minions even and just outside of tower range. To use my example from another post, if you have 2 full health minions and they have 4 two-thirds health minions you want to kill one of their minions quickly to even up pressure.

5. Take into account the different types of minions. Melee minions take less damage but also deal less. Caster minions take more damage but also deal more. By watching how the agro is distributed you can predict and time last hits accordingly.

6. Stay calm. Sometimes if I start missing last hits I'll panic and then miss more. If your timing is off pause, breathe, and re-focus.

7. Just keep working at it. It's a fussy little skill to learn, but once you have it down you can do it in your sleep. I had a game last night where I was flawless on minions until about 6 minutes which I was pretty proud of.

Jeanschyso

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2012

using flat AD marks in your runepage will help alot. Also, in the offence mastery tree, I almost always pick the one that gives 4 more damage to minions, whatever the role I play (except support, cause then I don't hit a lot of minions)

Also, if the enemy is pushing his lane, tell your jungler. he'll be happy to camp your lane

edit: forgot to tell you... being pushed to your tower is a good thing, because you're safer there. Farming under the tower is a skill you gotta learn at some point too.

Freakyweakywoo

09-26-2012

Thanks guys. I had the feeling it was something you just need to work at. I should have mentioned that I am level 16, so there is no jungle or any real meta at all in my games.

Pratice it is then.

Majestlk

09-26-2012

i basically stay moving so i cant be targeted easily when there health is here =------ hit them.XD.it's a common thing to not know if last hitting is worth your mana.i say if your nor running a mana hungry champ.and you have a natural(cheap)farming skill use it up.for instance fidd's crow's do x2 damage to minions.as well as other champ's with similar abiltites doing extra dmg to champs.

Jeanschyso

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestlk View Post
i basically stay moving so i cant be targeted easily when there health is here =------ hit them.XD.it's a common thing to not know if last hitting is worth your mana.i say if your nor running a mana hungry champ.and you have a natural(cheap)farming skill use it up.for instance fidd's crow's do x2 damage to minions.as well as other champ's with similar abiltites doing extra dmg to champs.
Actually, that would push the lane, and you don't want to ever get used to pushing a lane, unless you really need to go back to shop. the champs that should farm with spells are more like Rumble(the spears), Nasus(Soul siphon), energy users, Veigar(Baleful strike), Karthus (partial mana refund on minion kills) and some others. Basically, champions that have a low mana cost single target skill or that have to last hit with that skill to become more powerful.

kenoin

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Puppy Fury View Post
1. Practice.

2. Practice some more.

3. Then keep practicing.

4. Pay attention to your minions vs their minions. If they're continuously AAing, you'll need to do more damage to keep your minions even and just outside of tower range. To use my example from another post, if you have 2 full health minions and they have 4 two-thirds health minions you want to kill one of their minions quickly to even up pressure.

5. Take into account the different types of minions. Melee minions take less damage but also deal less. Caster minions take more damage but also deal more. By watching how the agro is distributed you can predict and time last hits accordingly.

6. Stay calm. Sometimes if I start missing last hits I'll panic and then miss more. If your timing is off pause, breathe, and re-focus.

7. Just keep working at it. It's a fussy little skill to learn, but once you have it down you can do it in your sleep. I had a game last night where I was flawless on minions until about 6 minutes which I was pretty proud of.
This is a flawless explanation, he just forgot to add it really matters what champion you have compared to others. Timing is everything and an Mele Ad has the advantage in most cases. Anyway if you want to wonder about the creep waves forums are everywhere for them.

DaysUntold

09-26-2012

I'll practice with you. It sounds silly but it works. Add me in game if you want, I'm trying to improve also :)

Tires

09-26-2012

So there are several things to not on.
1: Its generally considered a good thing to only last hit minions as in don't push the wave. This is only true from a neutral position (half way point on the lane) if you're starting to get pushed you can push the wave back some.
2: If your opponent is pushing the wave, as many newer players will, then they are forcing you into a defensive position which is fine since you can easily run to tower making their aggressive plays harder.
3: Once a jungler is being played when your opponent pushes past a neutral position then you can ask the jungler for some assistance this is due to it being harder for them to run to their turret.
4: Feel free to push the wave if you are planning to go and buy some items in a bit, usually pushing the wave to their turret will allow you enough time to buy some items. You can also ask jungler to cover your lane if they do agressiviely push back.
5: Its also a good idea to push the lane after you've killed someone this guarantees they don't get the minion kills due to the tower eating them.

I personally like trial by fire with this while 1v0 is a nice way to practice just so you can see how much of a difference it can make I do think playing against people is better. Just try and make note of what champ you play and how much CS you have at around the 15-20 minute mark and try and improve, you can also take notes of why you didn't get as many like a bad match up or something.

Drevarius

Social Systems Designer

09-26-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Sometimes I will use 'S' to stop my champion from moving or attacking and sit near max auto-attack range for the minions I want to take down next. This allows me to get very precise timing on my attacks for those times when the minion health bars are shifting quite fast.