Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Soraka Champion Spotlight with Visual Upgrade

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Don Dre

09-26-2012

So I'm guessing no KhaZix for like another week.

DeafCatMoan

09-26-2012

Much better now, Thankyou

GoldenHamburger

Recruiter

09-26-2012

Quote:
xMechaFlashx:
So I'm guessing no KhaZix for like another week.

I beg you
DO NOT JINX US D:<

ColinMcCloud

09-26-2012

so wheres the reboot for himerdinger?

Dorotheus

Recruiter

09-26-2012

They never expect that Banana.

Phyrexia

09-26-2012

Wow, it's like the just phoned it in and gave a half hearted attempt at a real champion spotlight.

They barely touched on the only role she's played in (support), while focusing way too much on the "troll pick" of Midraka. In any serious game you want to go with an actual AP carry.

This is also in addition to the fact that they've heavily handed out nerfs for supports who go anywhere except the bottom lane. The video is basically just telling people "Go ahead, play mid Soraka. If she sees an increase in AP carry play she'll go the way of Janna or Lulu."

And as already has been pointed out, Deathcap on Soraka? Really? Enjoy healing for an extra 90 health after spending 3.6k on it. Oh, and not having any room for wards as well. But that's okay, because you'll be too busy being facecheck/initiator Soraka apparently.

Lastly, take an early point of Starcall as support? Really? The skill basically reads "If playing as support Soraka, push the lane hard and make things more dangerous for your carry". This skill shouldn't be touched until level 13, and only then because the game forces you to. For everyone who is crying for a Soraka remake, this is were it needs to happen, not her heal or infuse. Make it into a skill that a support actually wants to cast.

I'm glad the art rework happened. I'm less thrilled that you can tell just by watching the Spotlight they didn't want to make it and it put out as more of a chore than anything else.

DaGummy

Recruiter

09-26-2012

There is supposed to be a new soraka skin that comes with the visual upgrade, where is it?

IHALiHavEalifE

09-26-2012

Ugly walking animation

Hymn of the Wolf

Recruiter

09-26-2012

I am glad to see that her spotlight goes over her in mid. I'm damn tired of people queue dodging when you say you're going mid with Soraka. She makes an awesome mid champ!

Azithromycin 250

Senior Recruiter

09-26-2012

Divine Soraka needs a new splash art! >:|