xChan's Hide and Seek Rules

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Space Rabbit

10-19-2012

I may be drunk or smth, but I still don't see how that makes sense.
TF isn't just "AD/AP"
It gives movement speed, tankyness, and CC.
If we go by "no AD/AP at all", then I can't even build rylais, since it gives AP.

Honestly it just feels like if we are gonna allow slows and have specific rules on how many slow items who can have, why not count phage or TF? they are both slow items (weaker slow it may be, but it's a slow nonetheless.

Let's say we have hiders - Teemo and Vayne

"Only one Frozen Mallet or Entropy or Rylais Crystal Scepter for the team."
"Only one Lightbringer or Hextech Sweeper for the team."

Teemo gets rylais and hextech.
Then they both get TF/phage.

Not only are you slowed and revealed by the shrooms, you also get slowed by both of their auto attacks.
Essentially, unwinnable unless you stack CC and stay as 5 (which is retarded and no fun at all)

xChan

10-20-2012

Well, I don't agree with just those two cause it's not pure CC. Trinity Force has the sheen proc which just adds more damage, and the 25% proc. I don't agree with hiders trying to autoattack 4 times just to CC once.

Trinity force is more so for damage than a Frozen Mallet is. And I really only accept one phage to build up for the FM for the hider team, cause.. as I described - I don't quite agree with autoattacks on hiders.

So.. I guess I'm gonna have to say no TF or multiple phages on the hider team.

Also, the slow items are essentially the only acception to the "No AP/AD" rule; other than Youmuu's Ghostblade.

A Space Rabbit

10-20-2012

How is it not pure CC?
It's not 100% guaranteed CC, but it's still CC.

And if phages are not allowed for hiders, why allow them for seekers?

Overall my problem is that it's too easy for seekers if the hiders are not sticking together.
Once you get one phage proc -> it's essentially over, unless you flash+ghost and juke them out, or you are kassadin. And even then, if they have someone like WW, teemo or nid -> you are also ****ed.
GIving them a free slow on auto attacks just makes it impossiburu to get away, because even though it's low % to actually get a slow, when they eventually get it -> you are ****ed.

xChan

10-21-2012

The fact that it isn't 100% guaranteed makes it not pure CC. It's pretty much the same thing for TF's Blue Card- Not CC.

Also, even without this multiple phage rule for seekers, hiders are supposed to at least have a little bit of teamwork. Cause, I'm fine with bundling up in one bush.. It's just.. whoever got the kill (If you kill them), they get the -1, cause you all knew what you were going into when you decided to pick a bush.

So, for hiders, it's just Frozen Mallet or Rylais or Entropy.

phantom1516

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2012

u can play hide and seek in lol. i need 2 play this

A Space Rabbit

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xChan View Post
The fact that it isn't 100% guaranteed makes it not pure CC. It's pretty much the same thing for TF's Blue Card- Not CC.

Also, even without this multiple phage rule for seekers, hiders are supposed to at least have a little bit of teamwork. Cause, I'm fine with bundling up in one bush.. It's just.. whoever got the kill (If you kill them), they get the -1, cause you all knew what you were going into when you decided to pick a bush.

So, for hiders, it's just Frozen Mallet or Rylais or Entropy.
How are you comparing blue card to trinity force?
If anything, Pick a card is a good comparison. Sure, you don't always first pick a gold card - but when you do -> it CC's the opponent. Hence making pick a card a skill that can be used in H&S, as it is CC.
Same with phage/tf. You don't always get a slow on an AA, but when you do -> it slows them enough to guarantee another few hits -> guarantees another slow. If you don't flash/juke/ghost the **** away -> you are daed

I'm sorry, but you are clearly not playing H&S enough, or not doing something right. Camping one bush, while allowed, is extremely douchy as it essentially means seekers can't win. You don't have to kill to frustrate the living **** out of the seekers. Panth stun, rammus taunt, shen taunt, anivia stun, LB chain. You chain them together and do about half hp dmg. You don't kill, but they can't chase you anymore essentially.

xChan

10-27-2012

I do play Hide and Seek, a lot. And I fully understand. I just ****in disagree with auto-attacks for hiders. I really thought I made that clear.

Depending on the seeking team, camping a bush later on is the best strategy. All for one and none for all is a stupid idea when you have a five man team, but chain CC is also a dick move.

Many rules for hide and seek are controversial, just cause you disagree with multiple phages for seekers, doesn't mean I'm gonna just up and change that. By letting hiders get away with camping one bush in my rules, I feel it necessary to give some unfairness to the seekers.

Also.. all of your 'insta-dead scenarios' completely ignore the fact that you have 4 other teammates who can help you out. Cause, I've been in very similar scenarios, and.. I've gotten away cause of my team. One decent stun, or morgana/lux snare will damn near ensure your escape as long as you don't suck.

mstrgamer31

11-15-2012

hi

mstrgamer31

11-15-2012

I LOVE this new game. It is sooooo fun. especially when you are a hider.

xChan

11-23-2012

I'm glad you enjoy it. =]

And, Hi there.

EDIT:
I'm gonna make a new list for the Season 3 changes. Since.. a LOT got changed.. and.. you know. =]