Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

This is why 1500-1800 is the real Elo hell

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JurisDictum

12-11-2012

Quote:
GrowlyGuts:
Its a pretty bold statement to say the majority of people are there because someone else played their account.

In fact i think it is safe to say that the statement is outright false.

This.
Its same magical thinking as the 900 elo players. "Somehow I get bad luck, and even though there is the same statistical probability that the opposing team will get the bad players."
I blame lack of science and critical thinking taught in schools.

Gentlepenguin

12-11-2012

Quote:
And it was K:
Yet she's still doing it. Even after being warned. Plus, they made threads about other high profile elo boosters when they took action against them. If they were to really punish this scumbag, I'd expect the same. She shouldn't get off easy because she has friends at Riot.

And are you really threatening the OP over your internet waifu? She doesn't want your dick, brah.

they only warned her for account sharing, which is why she's on her main. unfortunately your feeling of entitlement only extends to yourself.

it's only a friendly reminder. there are more consequences when you step out into the world. that's all.

And it was K

12-11-2012

Quote:
Gentlepenguin:

it's only a friendly reminder. there are more consequences when you step out into the world. that's all.

:O Internet tough guy. Fite me irl nub I'll bring my level 100 main.

ILoseByWinning

12-12-2012

Quote:
Gentlepenguin:
they only warned her for account sharing, which is why she's on her main. unfortunately your feeling of entitlement only extends to yourself.

If all they are going to do is give her a warning, then Riot is a joke.

What about the free season 2 rewards that were awarded to those accounts?
Why was Hafu allowed to boosted the account EvilMaran again during the preseason? And all the way up to 1793 elo high after she was "warned"?
Why haven't those boosted accounts been stripped of their rewards like the thread RiotYegg made said they would?

I highly doubt that they gave warnings to Robertxlee or Yangfushang about "account sharing" before they punished them. Clearly, Riot is showing favoritism to Hafu.

And I wouldn't be too afraid of her fans IRL, I can handle myself quite well, especially against DYEL internet tough guys.

Cheeseboigi

12-12-2012

I have been stuck in 1500-1600's since s2 and i noticed it really was around when the boosting was popular, thank you for this post, it gives great insight

BruisingPrune

12-12-2012

Bump for justice

Atreiyu

12-12-2012

the 1500s range is now so unbearable, some lanes or players are just waay outmatched and so ignorant, they don't even realize help when you give it. I've been suspended twice recently just because of the difference in skill some people are.

If a s2 plat player can't carry in some players in a 1500s game, you know they are not even near belonging in that elo

zerodahero

12-12-2012

Quote:
Atreiyu:
the 1500s range is now so unbearable, some lanes or players are just waay outmatched and so ignorant, they don't even realize help when you give it. I've been suspended twice recently just because of the difference in skill some people are.

If a s2 plat player can't carry in some players in a 1500s game, you know they are not even near belonging in that elo

this range is like a cespool of bad players i was 1970 at my peak before quiting last season trying to smurf and every game same things happen. In champ select i get the same things, no one would support and i get duo ques of people who are like 1650 players duoing with 1200's and i dont know what they expect, the 1200 always feed. But the best part is trying to make it out of champ select. No one wants to support and 3 people always call mid and instalock mid regardless.

The worst part is the inflation of this season last time everyone was starting at 1200-1300 this time every pretty much started at 1300+ so you get these players who never broke 1300 sitting at 1500 and just ruining games

Cheeseboigi

12-12-2012

Quote:
JurisDictum:
This.
Its same magical thinking as the 900 elo players. "Somehow I get bad luck, and even though there is the same statistical probability that the opposing team will get the bad players."
I blame lack of science and critical thinking taught in schools.

elo hell has changed.. if your under 1000 elo.. your not in elo hell.. your just not that good of a player its the bottom line, you may make it out after a seasons worth of play, but how many players go from a true 900 elo skill level to a plat/diamond? 1-5%??

elo hell used to be 1100-1200 area where players normally start, now because of how many jobs are done and how many people raised themselves into 1350-1500 you see these players now in this range.

the new elo hell i would surely say is within the 1450-1750 range...

zerodahero

12-12-2012

Quote:
Cheeseboigi:
elo hell has changed.. if your under 1000 elo.. your not in elo hell.. your just not that good of a player its the bottom line, you may make it out after a seasons worth of play, but how many players go from a true 900 elo skill level to a plat/diamond? 1-5%??

elo hell used to be 1100-1200 area where players normally start, now because of how many jobs are done and how many people raised themselves into 1350-1500 you see these players now in this range.

the new elo hell i would surely say is within the 1450-1750 range...

i agree with this the people you see at this range were worse than 1200 elo players from 1200. But i guess most kids who played ranked seriously from season 1 have drastically surpassed the 1600 elo range in skill