Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

This is why 1500-1800 is the real Elo hell

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

harry13aals

12-11-2012

Quote:
KirbyCake:
How is 1500-1800 Elo hell again?
I just stomped those who got Elo jobs and got free plat Elo again.
More like Elo HEAVEN

Do people really think elo boosting is that common as to ruin a majority of 1500-1800 games? I realize the thread was necro'd, but this probably wasn't even the case at the end of S2, much less now.

ILoseByWinning

12-11-2012

Quote:
harry13aals:
Do people really think elo boosting is that common as to ruin a majority of 1500-1800 games? I realize the thread was necro'd, but this probably wasn't even the case at the end of S2, much less now.

Assuming the account didn't have a soft reset, to boost to 1500+ elo, you need to only win 6 games (if they are placement matches), which isn't hard to do. Winning all your placement matches would put you near the high 1600s, but still below 1800. That's why the majority of boosted accounts lie within the range 1500-1800.

And the thread wasn't necro'd. It's been basically bumped on a daily basis; waiting for a Red response to the blatant booster.

ILoseByWinning

12-11-2012

Quote:
UnholyNirvana:
People who hit gold elo always think they are the best when they aren't. Just because someone has a bad game doesn't mean they don't deserve to be at that elo.

The accounts Hafu boosted were not players who had a "few" bad games.

The account, Evilmaran, had over 100 ranked games and was unranked at around 1000 elo before he gave up on playing ranked games and before Hafu started boosting it. She boosted the account to 1500+ before season 2 ended.

Now in the preseason, she has boosted the account to 1793 high with none of the games being played by the original account owner.

They don't belong in that elo because they didn't play any of the games that got them to that elo.

And it was K

12-11-2012

I'm not at all surprised they haven't taken action. -_- The posts in that other elo boosting thread were just PR. I'm pretty sure Hafu has friends at Riot.

Gentlepenguin

12-11-2012

they already investigated it, and pulled her from the featured streamer program, and warned her about account sharing. warn as in warning. not warn as in "omg ur being watched we're here to warn u buddy!" as you would spin it.

they have no obligation to make you feel better or respond to you.

as for meeting her at PAX, don't identify yourself, for your own safety.

Spew

12-11-2012

I asked hafu about elo boosting in her stream, insta deleted message. GG wp

îCe

12-11-2012

Quote:
harry13aals:

I know someone who boosted over 250 accounts from June to end of season. It was a group of 3ish people. This is just a pin drop in the elo boosters community. Let that sink in for a minute. 250 accounts

And it was K

12-11-2012

Quote:
Gentlepenguin:
they already investigated it, and pulled her from the featured streamer program, and warned her about account sharing. warn as in warning. not warn as in "omg ur being watched we're here to warn u buddy!" as you would spin it.

they have no obligation to make you feel better or respond to you.

as for meeting her at PAX, don't identify yourself, for your own safety.

Yet she's still doing it. Even after being warned. Plus, they made threads about other high profile elo boosters when they took action against them. If they were to really punish this scumbag, I'd expect the same. She shouldn't get off easy because she has friends at Riot.

And are you really threatening the OP over your internet waifu? She doesn't want your dick, brah.

Nifty Trout

12-11-2012

holy christ, this thread is still going>?

vulcz

12-11-2012

Logic dictates that 54% of the time, the "elo job player." will be on their team.

Assuming there's only one, if there is two, the second one has a 50% chance of being on either team.

I highly doubt, there is enough boosters, to make it so 3 people are in any one lobby that don't deserve to be there.

There is plenty of things that hinder a persons game, they could very well be better than you, but got counter-picked, babysat, they could be tired or sick.

Use logic please.