Client will not launch.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sad Panda

09-23-2010

Machine Type: MacBook Pro
CPU: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
RAM: 2GB
Graphics Card: 8600M GT
Settings Levels: N/A
Software Version: 10.6.4

I have Adobe AIR installed, and just installed the client. After attempting to launch the client, it crashes almost immediately with no error message, but leaves a blank window open in expose. I've tried re-installing, but that hasn't changed anything.

As a side note, thanks for everything you're doing to support the Mac users Riot!

Edit: Just tried again and got a mac system error code -1712, which according to support.apple means that "Apple event timed out"

DanGR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2010

Similar to what happened to me, except I haven't gotten any message yet. I'm trying something right now. I'll tell you if it works.

edit: This worked for me: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=260944
D:

Suburban Cactus

09-24-2010

I've had something similar happen once - instead of opening the client, a blank error message pops up with nothing other than the LoL logo and an okay button. Clicking the button closes the window but the game does not launch. Not sure what caused it; trying again solved the issue.

Sad Panda

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Cactus View Post
I've had something similar happen once - instead of opening the client, a blank error message pops up with nothing other than the LoL logo and an okay button. Clicking the button closes the window but the game does not launch. Not sure what caused it; trying again solved the issue.
This has happened to me as well, but I'm still having the issue of it never launching. Also, re-installing from the direct download .dmg didn't fix it.

HungLho

09-25-2010

im also having this problem, the League of legends and LOLclient appear on my dock. after it patched i pressed play. it minimized and then nothing... and i actually see two blank windows in my expose.

MachineType: iMac
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo
RAM: 4 GB
Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS