How the **** do you beat Jayce?

12345678 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KamakaziGumiBear

09-25-2012

Aww my first lane against jayce, I pick Trundle in blind pick waiting for a free win against any Melee top, Jayce no problem, O yea i forgot Jayces thunder hammer is the most dumb ****ing op skill in the game, he can literally out lane champions with just that skill. Riot needs to reduce the % dmg by alot, 20% is just insane.... Make it a melee skill, seriously a ranged hit that knocks people back that also can burst people early game for like 40% of there HP before they can even buy merc treds.

Bamorsha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2012

You want to pick someone you're familiar with. Trust me on this one, don't pick a champion you don't know for the sake of "countering" him or any champion for that matter. Also, League is WAY more then a laning phase. Don't ever forget that. Also,(also) don't ever forget that no champion is unbeatable beacause humans are playing them. We make errors and miscalculations. Make fewer and less important mistakes and you'll win against anyone.

What you want to do, is (obviously) one of two things,
(a) Get you jungler to camp his ass, Pretty standard for top lane mind you.
(b) Outplay him depending on what skill he is maxing first, and who exactly you are.

To clarify B further, you want interrupt his combo at either his Melee Form Q OR his E, preferably his Q(To the Skies). If you have a Dash type ability that's super spam-able(LIKE RIVEN), use it dodge his Q. His Q hits the area you were at, at the time of targeting. If you use a movement type ability and move out of the area, it will not affect you. Jayce does NOT follow you if you dodge it. If you have a stun, knock-back/knock-up, or root, or other CC, you should also interrupt his melee form E(Thundering Blow). If you can prevent his E from going off, that's when you want to disengage(run into the bush so he can't follow or target you with his ranged AAs).

If you're a melee bruiser and you are behind with little chance to catch up, buy Wriggle's lantern and farm. Seriously, people don't do this. You should.

Also, another side note about dodging his ranged Q through acceleration gate. The explosion area is bigger, but the hit box REMAINS THE SAME. The projectile is still very thin and completely dodge able.

TLDR: Don't be an idiot, play a champion you know well who preferably has a dash ability or hard CC to interrupt his combo. If you're behind, PLAY LIKE YOU'RE BEHIND and don't fight him in risky circumstances(ie, enemy mid+jungler missing, you're at low hp, or you're constantly losing trades).

powahless

09-25-2012

never lost top to a jayce with volibear

Arbaal

09-25-2012

If good nobody

Constiplaytion

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamakaziGumiBear View Post
Aww my first lane against jayce, I pick Trundle in blind pick waiting for a free win against any Melee top, Jayce no problem, O yea i forgot Jayces thunder hammer is the most dumb ****ing op skill in the game, he can literally out lane champions with just that skill. Riot needs to reduce the % dmg by alot, 20% is just insane.... Make it a melee skill, seriously a ranged hit that knocks people back that also can burst people early game for like 40% of there HP before they can even buy merc treds.
I can't tell if you're talking about Q or E here, bud.

Jayce's E in hammer form hurts against melee, but the mana nerfs to it hurt too, and an accelerated Q outdamages it for the first couple levels anyway.
Jayce's accelerated Q in cannon stance is somewhat broken, it's missile width, speed and range makes it difficult for a shot from a blind spot even somewhat avoidable.

Lazergaming

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekkal View Post
I meant if you've ever played Irelia before.
no, there's NOTHING irelia can do against jayce, hitten style -> knock back = no dmg -> hitten style runs out -> jayce close gap -> dead irelia

WelcomeToTarget

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2012

Irelia, Kayle, Rengar, Riven (she can just juke for days and collapse on his face)

Adumbrax

09-25-2012

You guys are giving a lot of random champions and even though I haven't tried some of them they seem shoddy.

How does Rengar beat Jayce? How does any melee champion beat Jayce? He deals crazy %hp damage and because its a knock back he wins almost all trades.

AD Nid seemed good to me at first but pre 6 Nid can't disengage from his Q+W+E hammer combo and will lose on poke trades since his AS buff > her AS buff.

I suppose Yorick could work and Kayle might be able to kite him around but holy **** its playing against a Teemo except more damage and harder to gank.

Revoluxionist

09-25-2012

Everytime I'm up top against Jayce, I play Karma.

peanutman

09-25-2012

Dodge e+q combo.

12345678 ... 9