Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why rengar is OP (Long)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fubby3

09-25-2012

Quote:
I Work Momz:
No, he naturally doesn't

He only has the burst of an assassin and tankyness of a bruiser late game because he got fed off your entire team early in the game.

His scaling per lvl MR and armour are equal to jaxes, and his scaling hp per lvl is about 13 less.

Shiralune

09-25-2012

Quote:
Fubby3:
He said in lane so I provided a solution in lane

Oh, so in lane now, right?

If it's top lane, I can fight him with my average bruiser + normal build. I'll just rush the armor/health portion earlier.

I can also call a jungler to gank, because rengar has ZERO ESCAPES IN LANE until he gets his ult.

The Hate Boat

09-25-2012

Quote:
Jake Az:
Honestly GD cries at every assassin until they get nerfed to oblivion.

Well, there are 2 reasons for that.

1) Assassin champs have very easy learning curves and tend to be highly rewarding for little skill, so people pick the champ up quickly and you see it determine the outcome of many many games.

2) The last few assassins have been OP. Assassin is one thing; tanky sustained-damage burst caster is another. Diana was too strong, so is Rengar, Kha'six might be too. There's just very little counterplay to getting full-to-zeroed.

Ep1cLeprechaun

09-25-2012

What is Rengar's disengage? Are you talking about his ult?

Valiant Corvus

09-25-2012

Quote:
Fubby3:
Whats so bad about standing around and autoing? Lots of bruisers do it. And rengar has the stats of a bruiser.
That pretty much negated everything you said in the opening post. Make up your damn mind.

Actually, just stop. You're obviously posting this right after getting rolled by a Rengar, without having a full grasp on how his skills behave.

Takazok

09-25-2012

Quote:
Fubby3:
His scaling per lvl MR and armour are equal to jaxes, and his scaling hp per lvl is about 13 less.

So? That's not why Jax is tanky. Jax is tanky because of his ult, which lasts longer than Rengar's d-steroid

Shiralune

09-25-2012

Quote:
The Hate Boat:
Well, there are 2 reasons for that.

1) Assassin champs have very easy learning curves and tend to be highly rewarding for little skill, so people pick the champ up quickly and you see it determine the outcome of many many games.

2) The last few assassins have been OP. Assassin is one thing; tanky sustained-damage burst caster is another. Diana was too strong, so is Rengar, Kha'six might be too. There's just very little counterplay to getting full-to-zeroed.

There actually is quite a bit of counterplay, but no one does it. It's called defense.

Akali/Leblanc/Veigar/W.e can easily full-to-zero people. No QQ? That's because those are old champions, and the spotlight isn't on them.

New champions get a lot of flak for anything, whether good or bad.

Fubby3

09-25-2012

Quote:
I Work Momz:
So? That's not why Jax is tanky. Jax is tanky because of his ult, which lasts longer than Rengar's d-steroid

Jax has some very high base stats.

Fubby3

09-25-2012

Quote:
Shiralune:
There actually is quite a bit of counterplay, but no one does it. It's called defense.

Akali/Leblanc/Veigar/W.e can easily full-to-zero people. No QQ? That's because those are old champions, and the spotlight isn't on them.

New champions get a lot of flak for anything, whether good or bad.

Again, the problem with rengar is his 100% attackspeed boost after his burst, and his tankyness, NOT his burst.

berserkhobo85

09-25-2012

I think maybe your being down voted because of the fact that in a team fight rengar usually finds him self in three situations the first is he jumps in to assassinate the carry and he then gets murdered the second is he jumps in does alot of damage doesnt kill and gets murdered and the third is he goes in and just gets murdered. He is not like darius who can initiate kill 2-3 people and leave with his life. Regardless of his armor boost with his roar he is still glass jawed and you would know that if you played him. I think alot of the grief comes from the fact that no one tries to counter him and takes his damage to the face and wonders why he is op. Flubby stated that he is in every game i have seen one maybe 2 in the past 20 games i have played doesnt matter if its a draft or blind pick. Rengar DOES NOT have strong cc the bola last for a brief period and that is only to not allow his enemies to get away all of the time and even with it people still get away. Rengar does alot of damage with his Q when he is a bit fed making him a good assassin regardless of the labels stamped on him (he is not a bruiser in any stretch of the imagination). He is easy to counter but no one does I play him and the only reason is because i could not refund the bundle i have consistently done better with darius and master Yi in nearly every game ive played with them cause yanno we all get that bad game here or there. I am level 30 im not new to the game but i think to complain about how rengar is op is to complain from an ignorant stand point of not have played him yourself to see how he really is. To nerf his Q would make him useless, you can no longer build ap damage is all he has and if you can block or run from his furied Q youve killed him guaranteed it has happened to me many of times as well as a friend who playes him. I personally think he is not too good to warrant a debuff but not too bad to warrant a buff, I would have refunded him because he is so glass jawed even though i love his flow of bush hopping and the whole lion feel.