Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Error on update every time

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

QED icanhaz

09-26-2012

Same deal with me, and this has been happening for a while. Today it didn't even get up to 99% before failing (somewhere around 84% I think). Pressing "Continue" on the error screen, closing out and relaunching always fixes it though. Is this related to the fact that I always have to run as admin? I'm using Sophos Antivirus.

Im Contributing

09-26-2012

Quote:
Wilwariniel:
Hey guys, thanks for reporting this issue! Question for you: when the error occurs, is the patcher working on a specific file?

Files display on the right side of the two patching progress bars, and you'll be able to see them even with the error up. Thanks!

Sometimes this happens when the other user has the live version of League's .exe working. You normally just close out of the updater and restart it. It will scan for differences, then realize you were already downloading the patch, and resume.

nvr banned troll

09-26-2012

My patch's always error at 99% (top bar and bottom bar (download/install))
when i exit then open the game back up with the admin EXE, itll do one of those really Long Repair Updates where it runs through every single file in the game. (10 minutes top in length for this repair patch).

once it does that final repair patching, itll let me play.

Kredentialz

09-26-2012

Been having this error forever...not just with the PBE but the Regular League client sometimes too. I get to 99% and then it gives me a error. After getting the error rebooting the client typically it will accept the update.

I use Microsoft Security Essentials.

I always thought it was just me and my laptop being old that was causing the problem.

Srey

09-26-2012

Same with me.

I use Comodo. Don't know if it stops at a specific file.

NanaMadHouse

09-26-2012

Same here.

the file when stop is: 0.0.0.140\Archive_165584784.raf
im using Avira as antivuris.
plus i always run as administrator since last issue with the normal launcher to avoid write's rights stuff (both pbe and live server). but the error still continue on pbe.
on the other hand i only have to close and relaunch and got the full patch without errors.

thx in advance for your awesome work

Maxihzb

09-26-2012

Avg

Légions

09-27-2012

Quote:
Wilwariniel:
Hey guys, thanks for reporting this issue! Question for you: when the error occurs, is the patcher working on a specific file?

Files display on the right side of the two patching progress bars, and you'll be able to see them even with the error up. Thanks!

Have the same error, and i think other people too.
Check the Euw PBE board some times with those keywords : update error

KokoPonz

09-27-2012

nod 32. moving the pbe folder to another location fixes the problem with every patch.

Fatgunn

09-27-2012

Quote:
Im a Rabid Bagel:
This happens to me as well, I get to 99%, it says there's an error, and then when I close the launcher and reopen it it patches fine.

I'm using Norton Antivirus

same exact thing.

I'm using Kazspersky