Way Too Serious

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Devindor

09-25-2012

This thread is about experiences you've had in Summoner's Rift where people were way too serious about the game and it ruined your time or why you don't play Classic
Yesterday I was playing Sona (I'm summoner level 17 or something I think) for the second time in Classic and was laned against a Fiddlesticks. Now I usually play Dominion so when Fiddle just walked away I didn't call M.I.A. which I know I screwed up I did it every time after that. He ganked our bot and he lost his god damn mind at me. For about 20 minutes after that he kept calling me a *****, a noob, useless so on. Even after I called M.I.A he was getting mad that he didn't pay attention and died to Fiddle. I was 0/2/2 around this time and our Mundo was losing his mind because he thought I was intentionally feeding. I didn't feel like dealing with this for another 15-20 minutes so I just up and quit. I'll take a temp ban if I don't have to deal with autistic kids on the Internet. Does it get better as I level up or will I be forever confined to Dominion because I hate dealing with these kids?

The Chi Unit

09-25-2012

Lemme put it this way, there will always be angry people on League. That is something that I've resigned myself to. But what I do is try and be a positive force in chat and don't feed their anger even more. Take a whirl around the tribunal when you hit 20 and you'll see that a good proportion of the people who are raging in chat are doing so because other people prod them on.

Personally, I always try and be the mature one and not give in to their rage-y ways. I keep playing the game and hope they'll realize that all the time they spend typing could be better spent getting CS.

Most memorably, we were playing normals and things aren't going amazingly. Our Anivia spams hate at us and we ignore it. They then decide the best thing to do is say "Screw it I'm jungling" and proceeded to wander around the jungle just farming. So the remaining 4 of us continued to play and held off several 4v5s, even getting an ace or two. At this point Anivia realized we were doing well and rejoined the fight. The moral of the story? If someone wants to rage, just keep calm and carry on.

OriginalJack

09-25-2012

#1 So you didn't call MIA, while it's certainly helpful to call mia it's more helpful for your bot lane to have map awareness. In fact I would actually say it's more their fault than yours that they got ganked because if they were warded properly and watching the minimap they would have been ok. MIA is a crutch for people with poor map awareness.

#2 If bot lane was giving you a hard time about it you should mute them and report later.

#3 If mundo was giving you a hard time you should mute him and report later.

#4 If people are threatening to report you for intentional feeding it likely won't result in a ban unless you have done something else to warrant a suspension.

#5 I'm not going to judge you for rage quitting, you are free to do what you want and you are aware of the consequences but you have just waived all rights to complain about somebody ever going afk or leaving in one of your games.

PureGG

09-25-2012

What chiunit said... and a million thumbs up for him as well!! xD
When people start raging like that, just calm them down the best you can, if they don't calm down, just ignore them. If their angry, and you keep egging them on, their gonna start trolling you. If they call you a fkn noob or something for something little you did, just type back "I know right? that was stupid of me, I wont let it happen again" or something like that. If you agree with him, he can't rage at you anymore, and if he does... just mute him, its an amazing feature!

Sky Mence

09-25-2012

-Learn to mute/report.

-Try to call MIA, but not at the cost of a CS or getting hit for a ton of damage

-Type something like "sry but learn to look at minimap or press tab" when they blame you for no MIA

-DO NOT afk.

-FFS play normals seriously "Its not draft" is not an excuse to troll build or something in a real game.

-Just don't listen to ragers.

EDIT: Lol, downvote?

Sleekman

09-25-2012

You do realize that LoL is a competitive game right? If you are looking for friendly happy times, you may want to look into the sims.

EyeHearShapes

09-25-2012

honor points will fix everything :O!!!

Aureline

09-26-2012

Most of the people in this thread, I love you. Have all my upvotes.

Nesious

09-26-2012

Almost every game is like this, the majority of matches have idiotic ragers. This is a fact, and it takes some maturity to put them past you and play well, forgetting about them raging, and act as if everything is normal, while giving the game 100% effort. In a way, you invoked their rage, MIAs are needed in low levels of play, as "crutchs" for people with substandard map awareness. If you watch high level games, then you'll notice that they don't really call MIAs, and they don't blame others for not doing so. The players rely on themselves and blame themselves for not noticing, because when your a top tier player, you HAVE to be able to have that map awareness, you have to know everything that is going on, while you can blame the team for doing badly, and/or reacting badly to situations, you cannot blame them for not calling MIAs. People who go so far as to rage for not calling MIAs are those who need them to compensate for their substandard map awareness.

mistmann

09-26-2012

i mean this happens.

125tg342y35q1h2q. <----- this kid i totally dislike with a passion

^^^ biggest rager i have ever met.

ok so im in 1300 elo, nothing big and i call mid. calling mid doesnt mean u get mid, well his dou friend stole mid from me, thats ok it just forces me to a role im not as good at, so i support tarric. well i died and he litterally nags all game. dude new french cause it was all ************************.

his mid went 0-4-0 i hated that game just naggin me to ward more, ok there whole team had oricals and no matter how many wards i threw down they all died. he wouldnt gank bottom and he basically would run from team fights and come back in trying to get a penta kill.

he started raging at 4 mins into the game, at 27 mins it was the same story.....

now you are low, you are still learning take these kids like water on a ducks back you will get better, they will not they will always put people down, if you lear to boost your team you will win a lot more. also if i saw a sona mid, id eat you alive. enjoy the ignorance at low levels learn, but games get better when u level but the amount of rage/trolls will be the same.

never give up never surrender< that is what i spam anytime we surrender hahaha

EDIT*^*^*
also for no mia, that is not your fault, were are the wards that show him walking into there faces? mia is a kindness not a must, i spam SS twice instead of mias

ss
ss

like that so they see it for sure and its quicker to type the mia