"Annie is afk :("

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnnyOmega

Senior Member

09-25-2012

The LeaverBuster and Tribunal systems work separately but complementary to each other because there are gaps in the performance ability of both systems that can be filled by each others' presence.

We're extra tough on AFK/Leaving because it has such a huge, obvious effect on the outcome and difficulty of matches.

P.S. You can trust me on this because I have actually done some research on this particular part of the punitive process. (See original poster's name on A Guide to Tribunal sticky'd thread)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arrietti

Senior Member

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOmega View Post
The LeaverBuster and Tribunal systems work separately but complementary to each other because there are gaps in the performance ability of both systems that can be filled by each others' presence.

We're extra tough on AFK/Leaving because it has such a huge, obvious effect on the outcome and difficulty of matches.

P.S. You can trust me on this because I have actually done some research on this particular part of the punitive process. (See original poster's name on A Guide to Tribunal sticky'd thread)
So, when someone is reported to tribunal for afk/idle. Does the report get sent to leaverbuster, Show up as a tribunal case, or both?

Also, this was something posted by a player in another thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Troll View Post
Leaverbuster tracks the percentage of your in-game time that you have been afk, in addition to tracking leaves. The leaving the game / afk report also goes to Leaverbuster, so people can be credited for afking even if they manage to bypass Leaverbuster.

If you are voting punish based on afking, especially when the player is not making an effort to bypass leaverbuster (say, by running in circles in base to avoid being flagged as afk), you are not using the Tribunal correctly.

In the future, I suggest you read FAQs and Riot posts on such issues, or at least asking on the forums, before voting to ban people for them.
Is it accurate? If I see afk reports in tribunal, or its obvious they were not in game like they never connected, should I be pardoning?

Thanks, i have always wondered =)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DebosBike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-25-2012

They are still afk in banning terms.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnnyOmega

Senior Member

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrietti View Post
So, when someone is reported to tribunal for afk/idle. Does the report get sent to leaverbuster, Show up as a tribunal case, or both?

Also, this was something posted by a player in another thread


Is it accurate? If I see afk reports in tribunal, or its obvious they were not in game like they never connected, should I be pardoning?

Thanks, i have always wondered =)
The report will indeed be sent to Tribunal for review (counting towards building a case), and be detected by the automated system.

The automated system automatically downgrades its own punishment level for a player as the player finishes more matches without AFK/Leaving so there is some ability to try and cheat the system.

Tribunal can catch a "partially consistent" AFK/Leaver because a case can build by adding the AFK/Leaver reports to the player's other potential violations of the Summoner's Code.

This all means click Punish when you can confirm to a reasonable degree that the accused has indeed committed the violation of AFK/Leaver.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arrietti

Senior Member

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOmega View Post
The report will indeed be sent to Tribunal for review (counting towards building a case), and be detected by the automated system.

The automated system automatically downgrades its own punishment level for a player as the player finishes more matches without AFK/Leaving so there is some ability to try and cheat the system.

Tribunal can catch a "partially consistent" AFK/Leaver because a case can build by adding the AFK/Leaver reports to the player's other potential violations of the Summoner's Code.

This all means click Punish when you can confirm to a reasonable degree that the accused has indeed committed the violation of AFK/Leaver.
Thanks JO, it is what I have been doing and will continue to do so without feeling bad =)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AscKevinDaBeast

Senior Member

09-25-2012

uhh? basically you would report him for assisting the enemy team.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tech Support

Senior Member

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOmega View Post
We're extra tough on AFK/Leaving because it has such a huge, obvious effect on the outcome and difficulty of matches.
We? Are you hiding the red on that name? Your assessments of the system does sound plausible, but is this official? :P


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnnyOmega

Senior Member

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by exSCape View Post
We? Are you hiding the red on that name? Your assessments of the system does sound plausible, but is this official? :P
I say "We" because I, like many players level 20 or over take part in the grand design of the punitive system of course. :P

As for my assessments of the system, it comes from both observations of the details of how both the Tribunal and Leaverbuster work as well as information gathered from official sources such as Riot Support and Red quotes. I even included a LeaverBuster section in the Tribunal Guide as part of my research into the punitive process of LoL.

For example, it can sometimes be very difficult to tell if a player has been AFK according to the logs shown in Tribunal, but LeaverBuster would be able to detect and record idleness in a match because it is an automated system designed to detect AFK and Leaving.

The Tribunal in turn can record from reports when a player has only been Leaving a few games as a part of a broader pattern of toxic behavior that includes other types of violation, so that even if LeaverBuster doesn't punish that player for the Leaving, the Tribunal can cover the job.

Since enemy players in human vs. human matches do not automatically get disconnected if one of your allies goes AFK/Leaves, it's pretty easy to tell by common sense how big a difference it can make having one less player on your side.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-25-2012

Did you even seen even one person reported for "AFK/Leaving the game" on the tribunal?
And I mean a REAL report reason, not just someone reporting for "assisting the enemy team" with the text saying they rage quit.

I mean seriously? I've done more than a thousand cases, and never seen even once a report for "AFK/Leaving the game" on the tribunal, that's why I was safely assuming those didn't go to the tribunal, as the leaver buster already takes care of those cases.

also, for the whole if that is considered afk or not, here is something from the support page

Quote:
Leaving the Game/AFK - This includes logging out or exiting the Game before a match ends as well as standing idle for long periods of time or refusing to participate in the match at all.
https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...rting-a-player


Also, something they send you on email when you report a player through ticket
Quote:
I'm happy to say we have also have our improved LeaverBuster system, which not only bans chronic leavers, but tracks and punishes users who don’t contribute to their team.
With those, I think it is safe to assume the AFK/Leaving game reports won't go to the tribunal.


BUT, if someone has ever seen one of those on tribunal, then I think some photographic evidence is in order, otherwise I am inclined to believe it actually did not take place.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnnyOmega

Senior Member

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvaras666 View Post
Did you even seen even one person reported for "AFK/Leaving the game" on the tribunal?
And I mean a REAL report reason, not just someone reporting for "assisting the enemy team" with the text saying they rage quit.

I mean seriously? I've done more than a thousand cases, and never seen even once a report for "AFK/Leaving the game" on the tribunal, that's why I was safely assuming those didn't go to the tribunal, as the leaver buster already takes care of those cases.

also, for the whole if that is considered afk or not, here is something from the support page


https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...rting-a-player


Also, something they send you on email when you report a player through ticket


With those, I think it is safe to assume the AFK/Leaving game reports won't go to the tribunal.


BUT, if someone has ever seen one of those on tribunal, then I think some photographic evidence is in order, otherwise I am inclined to believe it actually did not take place.

No it is NOT safe to assume because NONE of that says that Tribunal doesn't get the reports.

Also here, from my archives. I'll see if I can find a more recent pic but this is indeed a screenshot of Leaver/AFK.

Attachment 532287

The player in the pic may have been permabanned or left the game altogether since his/her last match was a year ago.

Oh, and YES I have seen Leaver/AFK in cases I've reviewed. They are certainly less common but I have had them appear.


123