Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

"Annie is afk :("

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kinvaras666

09-25-2012

Annie: No I am not
Me: Well, you are just sitting at the pool for the last 15 minutes while they destroy our towers
Annie: I am not afk, I am just taking a break
Someone else: That IS being afk
Annie: No it is not, I am on my keyboard, just not playing.

o_O

Azure Tears

09-25-2012

Rofl - AFK = Away From keyboard

Bladewing

09-25-2012

By all technical definitions, that Annie was indeed correct in saying she was not AFK. However, sitting in the pool for 15 minutes (AFK or not) could reasonably be considered assisting the enemy team and is still a punishable offense.

RobertHosnerUT

09-25-2012

Quote:
Kinvaras666:
Annie: No I am not
Me: Well, you are just sitting at the pool for the last 15 minutes while they destroy our towers
Annie: I am not afk, I am just taking a break
Someone else: That IS being afk
Annie: No it is not, I am on my keyboard, just not playing.

o_O

If you were reported for negative attitude, I would Punish.

Exploding Barrel

09-25-2012

Hahaha, that's awesome. Can't really dispute that logic.

JohnnyOmega

09-25-2012

Quote:
RobertHosnerUT:
If you were reported for negative attitude, I would Punish.

If they're guilty of Negative Attitude but reported for AFK then it's still a Punish.

Players don't always click the correct report type, so we're here to make sure that violators don't get off on technicalities.

Kinvaras666

09-25-2012

Quote:
JohnnyOmega:
If they're guilty of Negative Attitude but reported for AFK then it's still a Punish.

Players don't always click the correct report type, so we're here to make sure that violators don't get off on technicalities.

well yes, except that AFK reports don't go to tribunal, it goes to the leaver buster that automatically knows if the player was AFK/idle or not.

if was the other way around however, if the player was AFK and was reported for negative attitude, then it would go to the tribunal.

Some people seem to have realized that, and they report for negative attitude rather than for AFK, knowing that people on tribunal punish players that were AFK.

Quote:
Exploding Barrel:
Hahaha, that's awesome. Can't really dispute that logic.

yeah, so frustrating

Arrietti

09-25-2012

im surprisingly okay with the double jeopardy involved in afk reports being punished in tribunal.

If I notice the person left the game or they were idle or something, I punish and I do not care if leaverbuster gets them a second time.

Should I pardon and hope LB picks it up? Smart people move themselves around to try and avoid detection, should they get a free pass?

I guess I will find out when tribunal starts showing accuracy =)

Ladayen

09-25-2012

Quote:
Kinvaras666:
well yes, except that AFK reports don't go to tribunal, it goes to the leaver buster that automatically knows if the player was AFK/idle or not.

Afk reports do go to tribunal. The leaver buster system is completely automated. A person can be flagged by leaver buster and still be punished by tribunal.

Arrietti

09-25-2012

Quote:
Ladayen:
Afk reports do go to tribunal. The leaver buster system is completely automated. A person can be flagged by leaver buster and still be punished by tribunal.

I am not sure this is accurate. I was under the impression it was as kinvara stated...Ofc I can only find people arguing back and forth about it and not a red post to clarify atm...ill keep looking