SmokexAP - Nunu/Morg Only - AskMeAnything :3

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FeelMyJohnson

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishaNigaWould View Post
one of the absolute most impressive stat pages i've ever seen. might have a new hero.

if you are ever bored sir, add me and teach me. id be honored.
Haha just shoot me a friends request and I'll give you a quick free lesson : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthe View Post
131-5 is a little more than simply "impressive"

How many games with Nunu did it take for you to feel you had achieved a mastery of the champ? I play Rumble a lot (my favorite ap, makes TT very fun) but I still feel like I am outplayed sometimes. Does this mean I haven't mastered the champion, or just that I am not very good at the game in general?

Also: Nunu seems like fairly straightforward to play, but you are clearly better at him than msot people. Do your runes and masteries (I saw you said armor reds, blues) allow you to zone really effectively? How do you end up building to be most effective against most team comps?

I'm sure you will make a great guide with such an understanding of the champ and league in general. Good luck!
To be honest...I still need more games on Nunu to really "master" him. The more and more I play the more I still learn.

If you are getting outplayed then you might need to know your match ups a little better and how to properly play Rumble vs all the champs.

My runes provide me with utility and tankyness so yes i can be up in someones face using my ice blast and win the exchange.

The most effective build usually includes rushing gold per 5 items followed by frozen heart or aegis - after that its situational.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luego View Post
Not to minimize anything (because that record is frankly awe-inspiring), but it doesn't look like you're carrying. You're getting tons of assists, and wins. Does your Nunu rely to a crazy amount on a smart team to back you up, or is he just as "op" in solo-queue/low-mid elo?

Second, for the AMA: Post a bunch of lolreplays pls?
Yes i do have very strong/smart team mates but..

The reason I have so many assists - is because I am giving the last hits to my carry's. It is more beneficial to have a fed ad carry kayle then a fed support nunu.

Remember that there's a lot more to carrying then just in kills - such as providing your team with perfect vision, keeping your carry blood boiled and ice blasting theres.

Oh and Nunu is OP in all elos and in all game modes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleURP View Post
what do you do if nunu is banned and the other team picks morg?
both your champs are gone, do you just dodge queue?
If i don't get Nunu my next go to champion is cassiopiea / morganna - but sometimes i end up picking cass > nunu in certain situations.

We dodge queue if we missed an important ban or get severely out picked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle Omega View Post
What are the challenges you find in playing Nunu on Twisted Treeline, and how do you overcome them? (Counters, lack of escape, etc)
Challenges would be getting my ultimate off fully channeled or using it in its most effective place. Just requires good focus on cool downs if the enemy team has high amounts of cc.

I usually do not have trouble escaping - with my high movement speed and blood boil almost always active I stay pretty mobile and kite around.

The counters I worry about - is bruisers / ad carries that are more ability skilled based rather then auto attacking because my ice blast has little effect to them.

As for champion counters I don't like Morganna spell shielding the carry's when I try to ice blast...I don't like chogath / riven that never let me get my ultimate off.

Oh and rumble/gragas...screw those champs -_-

Best BeatwiferNA

09-27-2012

sent a request. im stoked.

agreed entirely with screw gragas. any map, any mode. screw him.

edit: btw, kha'zix. new op tt champ. its disgusting.

FeelMyJohnson

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishaNigaWould View Post
sent a request. im stoked.

agreed entirely with screw gragas. any map, any mode. screw him.

edit: btw, kha'zix. new op tt champ. its disgusting.

yes i hate gragas with a passion...

have not seen any kha'zix yet o.o

Kookazip

09-27-2012

how viable is support nunu with say an ezreal bot. and can he AP carry, if so items? Also do you build pure support, gp10 etc.. if going bot. Also what is the next best skin after nunu bot? Also is 21 armour mr per level and ms quits good runes for him? and whats a good AP build for him?

Best BeatwiferNA

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokexAP View Post
yes i hate gragas with a passion...

have not seen any kha'zix yet o.o
as soon as you add me, my 3s team is playing. we've got kha'zik every chance. hefill actually played in mcroosters youtube video featuring him.

FeelMyJohnson

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kookazip View Post
how viable is support nunu with say an ezreal bot. and can he AP carry, if so items? Also do you build pure support, gp10 etc.. if going bot. Also what is the next best skin after nunu bot? Also is 21 armour mr per level and ms quits good runes for him? and whats a good AP build for him?
1) Nunu with ezreal or corki vayne etc is very strong. Try to put them in a 2v1 lane.
2) If your team composition needs an ap carry I would not recommend using Nunu.
3) When i lane I build 2 gp5 items and then rush Frozen Heart / Aegis (I take farm too).
4) I think all his skins are great - after Nunu bot my favorite is Sasquatch (n/a anymore)
5) 21 armor / ms quints + flat MR is good yes. I do not like per level runes on twisted tree line.
6) A good AP build for him if you want to go ap carry which i recommended not to due to many other stronger ap carries then him you can build:

a) Sorce boots
b) Rod of Ages
c) Death Cap
d) Abysall Scepter
e) Death Fire Grasp
f) Defense item such as banshees / frozen heart / situational.

Axil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

very hard champions

Boo

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LixaLollipop View Post
very hard champions
lol

Ashno

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2012

Can build him ad bruiser?

Turtle Omega

09-28-2012

can you build nunu as support